Pages:
Author

Topic: BEWARE OF CRYPTSY MANIPULATING NEW COINS- VERTCOIN SCREWJOB!! - page 5. (Read 40121 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
have you considered someone might have been sending loads of small tx to cryptsy and it jammed up the wallets ?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
lets sue cryptsy!!!
6 Hours on a leaf Deposit. It hasn't even shown up as pending.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
11 hours, 350 confirmations and waiting. Fuck you Big Fat Fucking Vern.
Activity: 11
waiting here 12 hours,and still no deposit...
Activity: 47
Screwed too. VTC deposit stuck for 12 hours now. This is the most obvious market manipulation in a while.
No more trading on that outrageous shitty website for me.
same happened here

fuck cryptsy

im waiting for 10 hours now, i transferred money from coinmarket.io to cryptsy, what a mistake
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
No CRYPTSY for me anymore. Screwed me over with a deposit as well. 5 hours waiting already and looking at the comments above I think I'll be waiting at least 5 hours more. Probably gonna lose +- 30% on this transfer. Pff nice work Cryptsy, first time I tried to use them and then this. So first and definitely last time I'll use them!

My prefered exchanges:
BTER: Excellent service, safe and most important SUPER FAST!
CoinedUp: Slow as hell but at least they are honest and no fees Smiley
BTC-E: Good exchange, unfortunately not a lot of choice in coins.

Don't even bother with Cryptsy, can't understand why they would screw up like this. For some short term money? This bad PR will cost them a lot more I hope.
Activity: 434
Traffic is always their excuse and they should know on all new releases to have at least 2 wallets for deposits...and if the volume is to little then scale it back, but whatever you do...do not try and scale up after the fact. That is either ignorance or intentional.  

They added a second wallet to doge with the traffic from the ~250 spike and 12+ hour deposit times so they know how to do it.

You only make a mistake once, after that it is a choice.

Now why would an exchange whose whole business model revolves around getting more users selling and buying prevent that from happening every time there is a major long lived spike in price?

Huh

I highly doubt that it was unintentional.  Many people including myself sent a small VTC amount as a test and that went through within minutes but not the rest of the balance. 

I completely agree...My last sentence was pure sarcasm.  Doge proved that to me.  I will deposit leaf right now and see what happens.

Well don't go depositing a high amount lol

Just 1000 from coinmarket Transaction sent: 2b7440fbf8bdfb7f45c3bb34b9c6249364bce5c42b2253291a4f71b0cd2e3609
Activity: 428
Merit: 252
Traffic is always their excuse and they should know on all new releases to have at least 2 wallets for deposits...and if the volume is to little then scale it back, but whatever you do...do not try and scale up after the fact. That is either ignorance or intentional.  

They added a second wallet to doge with the traffic from the ~250 spike and 12+ hour deposit times so they know how to do it.

Now why would an exchange whose whole business model revolves around getting more users selling and buying prevent that from happening every time there is a major long lived spike in price?

Huh

I highly doubt that it was unintentional.  Many people including myself sent a small VTC amount as a test and that went through within minutes but not the rest of the balance. 

I completely agree...My last sentence was pure sarcasm.  Doge proved that to me.  I will deposit leaf right now and see what happens.

Well don't go depositing a high amount lol

Huh

The good thing about them being based in Florida is I have many friends who practice law there who may be able to help put together a class action against them.

Perfect. They need a few real lawsuits.  I do not remember checking a box for a TOS but I would think there was one.  I have not read up on it.

Either way, their deposit window says balances will be available after 6 confirmations.  That is where they f'd themselves.

Huh

Huh
The good thing about them being based in Florida is I have many friends who practice law there who may be able to help put together a class action against them.
jox
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
Same problem. Bad move Cryptsy, you loose your clients.

A more detailed explanation:

My VTC deposit on Cryptsy wallet someone moved right after confirmation through two wallets. I think, I never see coins back. Thank God only 3 VTC.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Thanks for the heads up. I deposited VTC on Cryptsy to sell about 3 hours ago and nothing has gone through. Transaction has 90 confirms.

I'm hoping this is an explainable technical glitch. I'm also hoping that another, better exchange takes on VTC soon.

you can use https://www.coinmarket.io/ (very fast deposits and wd) and https://poloniex.com/exchange to trade vtc and other coins
i have good experience with both
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Thanks for the heads up. I deposited VTC on Cryptsy to sell about 3 hours ago and nothing has gone through. Transaction has 90 confirms.

I'm hoping this is an explainable technical glitch. I'm also hoping that another, better exchange takes on VTC soon.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
Same here, parts of my mining efforts are stuck in nirvana.
Sent x tickets into the helpdesk already.

They cannot not know.

And it's all documented, the block explorer
shows exactly when the money got where.

While my precious is in cryptsy nirvana, I cannot trade with it.

Cryptsy's fault not mine. They hide my money until it's boring to trade with it.

I would really like to know what's going on, there are several possibilities:

It's
(a) a technical problem, or
(b) a jump the queue scam, or
(c) a direct market manipulation.
(d) they protect me from selling now for an undervalued price
(e) a reason that I don't understand.

(f) thieves

Let's have a closer look:

(a) a technical problem
could have well been the reason - but then they had fixed it within an hour or two.
A company like cryptsy cannot afford to not have programmers on standby 24/7.
And by now, they could have 10 people working on it.

We are talking big money that we customers are loosing right now.

CRYPTSY CAN YOU PLEASE PUT MORE AND BETTER PROGRAMMERS ON YOUR PAYROLL.

(b) a jump the queue scam
is not improbable, but would mean that cryptsy is completely corrupt, and can never
be trusted ever again. Either you would belong to that select group that is allowed
to jump the queue, and trade before anyone else does ...

... - or you loose out a lot whenever you use cryptsy.

I would be sad if that were the case, really.

Then: LET ME INTO THAT GROUP PLEASE, CRYPTSY.

But I don't think such a corruption is necessary, just with normal business,
cryptsy can get so incredibly rich that they don't need to play foul games.

(c) a direct market manipulation.

It would be quite clever, actually.

For 6 hours, Cryptsy allows less coins through than are asked for
- the logical consequence is a huge increase in price.

Their gain? As they control the inflow, they can cash-out at the peak.  Clever clever.

The question here is rather: if not, why are they not using (c) *hahahaha*

AS SOME OF US COULD NOT BENEFIT FROM THIS,
PLEASE REPEAT IT IN THE NEXT WEEK.
And friends: Please alert me then, please :-)

If I get my turn, e.g. later on today
- that strategy of hiding my money from myself would actually be in my interest,
as strange as that might sound: Cryptsy is slowing down our dumping,
in order to keep the price up. Thank you, Cryptsy!

(d) they protect me from selling now for an undervalued price
Cryptsy is on my side, and feels with me, and knows how important this will be for me.
And they sense how much more the price will climb today;
and by hiding my money, they protect me from selling prematurely.

Let's just hope that is true.
My guess is the real peak will be at 16:00 GMT.

(e) I don't understand it yet
Then please enlighten me.
I am really curious.

EDIT: What I would never have expected, naive me:
It could be plain and simple, I didn't come up with it, but several others report:

(f) theft.
Someone on the inside of cryptsy is stealing money.
(s)he would get be able to get the private keys of the deposit target address.

So far I have found these reports of theft, allegedly proven by having seen the sum moving through wallets:
#17 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4948468
#3083 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4947616
#3096 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4947959
#3117 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4948689

But to steal would not make sense, for the same reasons as in (b).
Cryptsy's profit model is better than any shortsighted illegal scam could ever be.

I still hope it's (d).
Or (a) and they invite me to work for them.
Or (b), and they invite me to the priviledged group who can jump the queue :-)

What a fascinating day!

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
Waiting 9 hours on MEOW and VTC. Test sends went through fine. Then they held the real transfers.

Next time I am leaving the coins on coinedup and wallet. I suggest everyone does the same.
This is like the 10th chance I gave them. Looking forward to new exchanges coming.
Pages:
Jump to: