Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Announcement Trolling Museum #2 - page 3. (Read 3507 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
February 05, 2013, 04:11:04 PM
As usual, you are an idiot, greyhawk.  Do you even try to make posts that fit reality or do you just post shit to see what you can get away with?  Are you trying to take PuertoRetard and CreativeIdiot's place in the top dumbasses of BitcoinTalk?

Quote from: Inaba
Here is the current projected timeline:

Leave for the fab ~ Feb 1st or 2nd
Acquire 6 wafers earliest Feb 4th - Latest Feb 8th
Transport wafers same day to bumping facility
2 days in bumping facility
Transport to substrate and packaging
1 - 2 days for substrate and packaging
Transport to assembly house
< 24 hours at assembly house
~1 day for chip verification/testing
Transport to Kansas City
Bulk assembly / send out demo units
Ship bulk units

Quote from: Inaba
Our biggest hold up right now is the bumping and we have that taken care of, but we are trying to get that expedited and shave some days off (hopefully up to 7 days! Probably not that much though.). I'm waiting to hear back with regards to the expedite request and if they can speed thing up before I post the timeline, as it will affect it by up to five days depending on the outcome of that.

If you're not trying to shave off 7 days off the 2 days in bumping, maybe learn how to write better?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
February 05, 2013, 04:06:25 PM
As usual, you are an idiot, greyhawk.  Do you even try to make posts that fit reality or do you just post shit to see what you can get away with?  Are you trying to take PuertoRetard and CreativeIdiot's place in the top dumbasses of BitcoinTalk?
February 05, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
What is the latest forecast timeline for BFL now?

It is subject to change, because Josh is trying to knock off 7 days off the 2 day projected bumping process.  Cool
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 05, 2013, 03:01:29 PM
Hopefully they will release it today.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
February 05, 2013, 01:23:29 PM
What is the latest forecast timeline for BFL now?
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
February 04, 2013, 10:42:28 AM
I also wonder how long it will take to get them operational if changes need to be made to things like cgminer.

Discounts from BFL now don't mean crap since Avalon users .. well, this Jeff Garzik, will be making all the money anyway.
Activity: 840
February 02, 2013, 06:20:57 AM
As the Avalon has a working ASIC now, the clock is ticking for BFL. AFAIK they have now working silicon right now and if the current waver run fail, we will see another 12++ week shift.

It boggles the mind to think BFL promised initially to ship in august (was it?) while it appears that even to date they still dont have a single working prototype. Im basing that on the fact we have not seen one and Josh's statements regarding yields and power consumption  indicate to me they have no real clue about those numbers other than what simulations provide.

If the above is correct, then all sorts of things could still go wrong and I would put the chances of BFL shipping this month at no more than 50/50 and the chances of them shipping and hitting their specs at even less.
Pretty sure was end of September/early October.

Spread on chips was 4-8th so maybe no delays yet.
It was never September either.  They originally said October.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
February 02, 2013, 04:59:26 AM
As the Avalon has a working ASIC now, the clock is ticking for BFL. AFAIK they have now working silicon right now and if the current waver run fail, we will see another 12++ week shift.

It boggles the mind to think BFL promised initially to ship in august (was it?) while it appears that even to date they still dont have a single working prototype. Im basing that on the fact we have not seen one and Josh's statements regarding yields and power consumption  indicate to me they have no real clue about those numbers other than what simulations provide.

If the above is correct, then all sorts of things could still go wrong and I would put the chances of BFL shipping this month at no more than 50/50 and the chances of them shipping and hitting their specs at even less.
Pretty sure was end of September/early October.

Spread on chips was 4-8th so maybe no delays yet.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
January 31, 2013, 05:51:58 PM
ASICMINER is going to go live soon... 12TH + of hashing power to come on-line in the next week or two.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.1420
Activity: 196
January 30, 2013, 08:20:33 PM
they've gone from bumping from "By end of next month at the latest" to "By end of next week at the latest".

I'm betting they use the "next week" line to transition into "next month".
Shoot, you saw through their plans!

time to kill the thread
http://garzikrants.blogspot.se
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 30, 2013, 10:34:27 AM
For those of you that do not frequent the BFL Forums -- https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post12237

I will most likely be headed to the fab at the end of the week to be prepared to pick up the chips next week. The broker says no later than the 8th on the chips, but most likely earlier. Even if the chips roll off the line on the 8th, it doesn't affect the timeline much. Here is the current projected timeline:

Leave for the fab ~ Feb 1st or 2nd
Acquire 6 wafers earliest Feb 4th - Latest Feb 8th
Transport wafers same day to bumping facility
2 days in bumping facility
Transport to substrate and packaging
1 - 2 days for substrate and packaging
Transport to assembly house
< 24 hours at assembly house
~1 day for chip verification/testing
Transport to Kansas City
Bulk assembly / send out demo units
Ship bulk units

Our timeline is still on target for the week of the 10th, probably towards the later part of the week. If the worst case scenario in every step comes to pass, we are looking at starting shipping around Monday the 18th. Best case scenario we will start shipping around Wednesday the 13th or Thursday the 14th. This is, of course, subject to change, but I will keep everyone updated when/if there are any changes.

Happy for the update...
And...they slipped yet again.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 30, 2013, 10:23:16 AM
Interesting update. I am still doubtful of BFL not delaying through. After you roll 1 ten times, you start realizing the dice is loaded

Or you realize that you just managed to roll the dice ten times and get a 1 each time, a 1/60,466,176 chance Tongue

But yeah, if this was a Craps table I'd be calling BS on those dice Wink
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Activity: 310
January 30, 2013, 03:13:40 AM
Does that mean it is time to witness the hash power of this fully supplied and operational ASIC station?

Not till they get to Alderaan.

Activity: 238
January 30, 2013, 01:15:02 AM
Jeez, down for ten minutes and people think we are packing up shop, really?  Even when the website itself was still up?

Now I get why I got a cold welcome during bitcointalk registration. This place is actually horrible. Yea BTC is beautiful, but damn man, who are these people?

Bitcointalk is a wretched hive of scum and villainy like no other.  Or some old raver with a glow stick told me.

Yet you advertise so dearly and heavily on it. LOL! Good job convincing us of your true outlook on this forum.

You see $$ and you want it....that's all it is about.

It works for pirate pass throughs.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 29, 2013, 11:42:00 PM
Jeez, down for ten minutes and people think we are packing up shop, really?  Even when the website itself was still up?

Now I get why I got a cold welcome during bitcointalk registration. This place is actually horrible. Yea BTC is beautiful, but damn man, who are these people?

Bitcointalk is a wretched hive of scum and villainy like no other.  Or some old raver with a glow stick told me.

Yet you advertise so dearly and heavily on it. LOL! Good job convincing us of your true outlook on this forum.

You see $$ and you want it....that's all it is about.

Activity: 434
January 29, 2013, 05:00:47 PM
Does that mean it is time to witness the hash power of this fully supplied and operational ASIC station?

Not till they get to Alderaan.
January 29, 2013, 04:59:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1260
January 29, 2013, 04:54:56 PM
I'm apparently on a Star Wars roll today.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
January 29, 2013, 04:33:28 PM
Jeez, down for ten minutes and people think we are packing up shop, really?  Even when the website itself was still up?

Bitcointalk is a wretched hive of scum and villainy like no other.

The Mos Eisley analogy is surprisingly appropriate.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: