Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL ASIC seized by EU , european & german Customs - page 2. (Read 19037 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
All I can say is...wow...

I'm curious what other screw ups or delays will be coming in the next weeks and months through BFL. They seem to make every possible mistake imaginable as an ASIC business.

Uh,the 90 day window to fulfill ALL preorders up to May has been moved to Sept from Aug...............imagine that  Roll Eyes

Further imagine the 100K chip order being delivered on time, since we're in an imagine mode.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

I'm curious what other screw ups or delays will be coming in the next weeks and months through BFL. They seem to make every possible mistake imaginable as an ASIC business.

Uh,the 90 day window to fulfill ALL preorders up to May has been moved to Sept from Aug...............imagine that  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
One don't have to remain Kosher to be a practicing Jew, by the way. 

Like most matters of religion, it really depends who you ask about that one. There are people who believe that you must keep Kosher to be a Jew. Religions are slippery like that, it all depends on who you ask.
Activity: 238
WARNING: BFL PRODUCTS ARE NOT CERTIFIED AS KOSHER AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR CONSUMPTION BY PRACTICING JEWS

I'm forgetting again that the rabid, raving BFL haters have become impossible to parody, due to there being no belief crazy enough that you can't be sure they wouldn't actually subscribe to it.
I'm sure you know that to have your parody or sarcasm taken literally is a high complement.

One don't have to remain Kosher to be a practicing Jew, by the way. 
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
AFAIK low voltage computing devices or peripherals that don't have radios in them i.e. wi-fi or bluetooth, or don't connect to a phone line, don't need to be actually tested by the FCC themselves any more, thus won't get an ID tag. They have to be independantly certified as compliant with part 15, but that's by any of ~300 test labs.

BUT you are probably not aware of the fact that even if certified it was always on the USER to ensure that in service it did not interfere with anything, and to resolve any complaints of interference.

A metal box is pretty much a faraday cage though, so there should be no problem.

I believe BFL also does not regard these products as "consumer" products, and they may come under the commercial exemption to part 15
http://www.i-spec.com/EMC/usa.html

More importantly however...

WARNING: BFL PRODUCTS ARE NOT CERTIFIED AS KOSHER AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR CONSUMPTION BY PRACTICING JEWS

I also demand LD50 information in case I accidentally blend it into a fine powder and feed it to a 2 year old. It's important to know if 2 and half teaspoons is okay but 3 isn't.

EDIT: Poes Law strikes again.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poes_law The last 3 lines were sarcasm. I'm forgetting again that the rabid, raving BFL haters have become impossible to parody, due to there being no belief crazy enough that you can't be sure they wouldn't actually subscribe to it.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
They did nothing with the FCC.  If they had they would have a sticker on the device.   The device has no FCC sticker.

And the documentation would be on the official FCC site, of which it is not as of yesterday. I just checked. I believe somebody has a $1,000 USD bounty awarded to anybody who can prove via said site that BFL has submitted a single device. Amazingly, that's one bet that Josh won't be able to profit from.

Then again, don't put it pass BFL to create some document and state that due to the uniqueness of their devices, only a certificate is awarded without having it show up on the FCC site. The certificate is good as long as it's framed and displayed above the Luke Unit in the BFL Museum of BS.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
They did nothing with the FCC.  If they had they would have a sticker on the device.   The device has no FCC sticker.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
Makes me wonder about how they did thier conduct with the FCC
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
It more or less is, it was propagated among the redneck types in a wave of post 9/11 xenophobia.

There are fake CE marks and badly proportioned CE marks even on compliant products, but no "China Export" mark per se

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark#Misuse

But since this thread is likely to devolve into wild conspiracy theories hugely divorced from fact, carry on....
+1

Problem is, this urban legend is so much widespread, that the cited article itself, right next where it explains taht "China Export" doesn't exist, have an image depicting a "China Export" logo...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
Some asshole at the German Zoll had his big day.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
Very well then.
legendary
Activity: 2212
At least they didn't put melamine in the power cords. Or milk.  Grin

Don't forget about that "Great Drywall of China" too  Grin

http://chinesedrywallflorida.org/
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
At least they didn't put melamine in the power cords. Or milk.  Grin
Activity: 238
When I first heard of the 'CE' China Export tag a few days ago I thought it was a silly online joke.  It staggers me that someone in China thought this was a great idea.  Total coincidence that the two logos look virtually identical  Roll Eyes

It more or less is, it was propagated among the redneck types in a wave of post 9/11 xenophobia.

There are fake CE marks and badly proportioned CE marks even on compliant products, but no "China Export" mark per se

But since this thread is likely to devolve into wild conspiracy theories hugely divorced from fact, carry on....
Why, yes, you are right.  That is an urban myth.  The European parliament has disavowed the counterfeit CE marks coming from China as standing for China Export.  http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getAllAnswers.do?reference=P-2007-5938&language=EN

Personally, I'll refrain from indirectly or directly attributing those marks to systemic shenanigans perpetrated by the PRC authorities.  Instead, I'll refer to it as a China Excrement mark.  That will very likely better describe a product foisted out with so little regard to the standards of that nation's largest trading partner.
Activity: 518
Hodl!
When I first heard of the 'CE' China Export tag a few days ago I thought it was a silly online joke.  It staggers me that someone in China thought this was a great idea.  Total coincidence that the two logos look virtually identical  Roll Eyes

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Some customs agents just got into the Bitcoin game Wink
Activity: 700
however, the power adapter might not handle 230V, even with the right cord type. A new one may be needed (not expensive, but still a PITA

The power adapter is rated 100 - 240V, worldwide use.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

Sorry for offtopic post but some socket looks like emoticons lol
Look at north america (angry), great Britain (bebe pleure) and denmark one (happy).

Activity: 532

The main reason why it got a suspect by the customs: they included a american power cord in the package! Holy moly what would've happend if the user used that cable? USA(120volt)(germany 230volt)

That guy would be burned by now.

last i checked, the North American 115V plug is a lot different then a EU 230V plug, so I don't think there will be any issues with it setting the place on fire.

however, the power adapter might not handle 230V, even with the right cord type. A new one may be needed (not expensive, but still a PITA

FWIW Euro plugs do fit straight into UK sockets without an adapter...
Pages:
Jump to: