Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL ASIC seized by EU , european & german Customs - page 5. (Read 19037 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
If somebody can point to a SPECIFIC known law they broke, please post it in the below thread.  I'm starting a collection of such reports here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-butterfly-labs-breaking-the-law-247310

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Such an amusing coincidence.  Iconic of so much, isn't it?

BTW, the way to tell a real CE is to visualize the continuation of the "C" as a circle to the right.  The right-most point of that circle will intersect the "E" at the point of the center horizontal bar.  Anything else is just that innocently coincidental "China Export" symbol. 
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Generic power supplies like that usually have counterfeit certifications.

Generic and counterfeit (marked with lite on, dell, toshiba, etc) power supplies are a big problem, so it's not surprising that German customs are on the look out.  

In fact that's not a CE logo on that brick. It's one of the variants of the China Export logo. The China Export logos are intentionally made to look similar to the CE logo but the real CE logo has a shorter middle stroke in the E.

Of course.   Roll Eyes
Supply chains are like a game of minesweeper now.  Grin
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
There are lot jala box and labes pictures you can check if they got CE
The only CE logo that came with my US-delivered Jalapeno is the one that appears on the power supply.

Generic and counterfeit (marked with lite on, dell, toshiba, etc) power supplies are a big problem, so it's not surprising that German customs are on the look out.  

In fact that's not a CE logo on that brick. It's one of the variants of the China Export logo. The China Export logos are intentionally made to look similar to the CE logo but the real CE logo has a shorter middle stroke in the E.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
I am vaguely remembering some sort of discussion on BFL's forum about import issues, where it was thought that it would pass if it was not "consumer" equipment, but office equipment or some such other definition, so I don't know if they spun the statement of contents right for that.

Sucks for everyone though. I bet BFL is pissed if it's all "on" the PSU compliance and their supplier promised them genuine compliance.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Oh, now it's not just chinese solar panels…but everything made in China? - and it's suspicious, because of the US power cord?
Well, we are living here with thousands of EU directives AND national laws. If someone want to sue you, waste you time, whatever, he/she/it will find something. And well, custom's mission is protecting all of us happy EU residents. What would happen if someone fiddling around with an US power plug into an EU wall socket? I'm not kidding, that's the way they're thinking.

Yeah, I've bought some chinese solar panels before.  Wink It was just a question of time. FUD is working very well in all countries. Economy, terrorists, power plugs, you will find something.

to be honest i think they should allow it seriously if someone tries to put a us power plug into a EU socket they deserve what happens to them.... its how the human race keep defective people from breeding.... seriously its useful
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
The only CE logo that came with my US-delivered Jalapeno is the one that appears on the power supply.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1021
Oh, now it's not just chinese solar panels…but everything made in China? - and it's suspicious, because of the US power cord?
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Just some notes regarding the hand written information, might clarify some guessing. Please excuse my poor English skills...

a) States the power cord does not apply to directive 2006/95/EC, Annex I, 1(c).
Quote from the source: "The electrical equipment, together with its component parts, should be made in such a way as to ensure that it can be safely and properly assembled and connected."
b) Due to a) they put the CE marking into question (if it is legit).
c) Missing manual in German language and manufacturer/importer information.

Should be easy to fix.
1) As mentioned, remove the US power cord from the package (or put all three, four used in the EU inside the package).
2) Create a flyer with some setup instructions (with all EU languages) and put it into the package. Print your manufacturer address/contact data on the same flyer.

C'mon, this is easy. All manufacturers shipping to the EU doing the same boring stuff. Wink

Hint: Smart companies will print in addition the declaration of confirmity and ship it with the unit.
sure, sure. As if Avalons had all the appropriate certifications Grin
But they were willing to declare it as "industrial controller" or something like that and lower the cost on the customs form, while BFL said they won't lie about these things

See I think I found the error in your sentence... see that... where you say "BFL said they won't lie". That bridge been crossed so many times already they are thinking of putting in a TOLL GATE.
Well,

one of the german community member posted in the german section that his BFL got seized by the customs. They believe that the CE Zerification is  non-complian and fictional.  They also failed to have a EU conformity declaration and a user handbook with information.

The main reason why it got a suspect by the customs: they included a american power cord in the package! Holy moly what would've happend if the user used that cable? USA(120volt)(germany 230volt)

That guy would be burned by now.

The package goes now to the Office of the Federal President for further inspection.  It MAY happen that Butterflylabs gets "blacklisted" by the european custums and all packages that go in the EU gets seized!!!

Inaba: I dont want to ruin your business. I just know that you dont read PM/s or Emails. So I thought that this Thread was the best to inform you guys. I have a lot of experience with german customs (through my job of importing stuff) and I know that this is  a very serious condition right now. They think that you just "printed" the CE label and put it on their without checking your components...
I may help your company to get cleared  by the customs, but that process consums a lot of time and money.

That sucks, but if you order a damn ASIC and still try using a US power cable (That don't even fit Euro Plugs) you have to be dumber than a sack of rocks.

Excuse me but why do you keep laying the blame on the customer? Doesn't BFL have any responsibility in this? Come on stop being a SHILL for BFL. The BFL SHILLING DAYS ARE OVER!
Activity: 784
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
Is that an Avalon in the background?

Make sure to wash that side of the Avalon from the BFL taint.

ahahhahaha
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

Is that an Avalon in the background?

Make sure to wash that side of the Avalon from the BFL taint.
Activity: 144
Merit: 104
sure, sure. As if Avalons had all the appropriate certifications Grin
But they were willing to declare it as "industrial controller" or something like that and lower the cost on the customs form, while BFL said they won't lie about these things
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As I know only 5GH/s unit is shipped with power cable, all other use power from separate PSU. Maybe 500 GH/s unit is shipped with power cables too, at least it looks like standalone device with its own PSU.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Avalon team shipped w/o any cables of any kind Smiley
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
I guess that 90% of the orders go through customs without problems. They dont check every parcel, but once they check it  they get suspicios. Of course CE is self-declaring, but you have to check your hardware more then a dozenz times before you self-declare it.
Activity: 224
Well,

one of the german community member posted in the german section that his BFL got seized by the customs. They believe that the CE Zerification is  non-complian and fictional.  They also failed to have a EU conformity declaration and a user handbook with information.

The main reason why it got a suspect by the customs: they included a american power cord in the package! Holy moly what would've happend if the user used that cable? USA(120volt)(germany 230volt)

That guy would be burned by now.

The package goes now to the Office of the Federal President for further inspection.  It MAY happen that Butterflylabs gets "blacklisted" by the european custums and all packages that go in the EU gets seized!!!

Inaba: I dont want to ruin your business. I just know that you dont read PM/s or Emails. So I thought that this Thread was the best to inform you guys. I have a lot of experience with german customs (through my job of importing stuff) and I know that this is  a very serious condition right now. They think that you just "printed" the CE label and put it on their without checking your components...
I may help your company to get cleared  by the customs, but that process consums a lot of time and money.

That sucks, but if you order a damn ASIC and still try using a US power cable (That don't even fit Euro Plugs) you have to be dumber than a sack of rocks.
Pages:
Jump to: