Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL ASIC seized by EU , european & german Customs - page 4. (Read 19037 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
What the Chinese seem to do is ship to someone in Switzerland and get them to walk over the boarder into the EU.  Wink

1 BTC/each for forwarding (Switzerland to EU) your miner  Grin

I have to admit I would love to live in Switzerland...the place is breathtaking, incredible snow, and super environmentally focused.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
What the Chinese seem to do is ship to someone in Switzerland and get them to walk over the boarder into the EU.  Wink

1 BTC/each for forwarding (Switzerland to EU) your miner  Grin
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Looking at the BFL supplied cable, its rated at either 3A or 8A. Not huge wattage, but more than enough for a Jalapeno.

Is rated 6 A.
So it is... So theoretical maximum of 1500w. For sure I would not be comfortable running that much power through it (it would get warm) but still, more than enough to manage.

13v x 6A = 78watts max.

Cable != power supply. The supply is rated at what, 78 watts, but the actual cable from mains to the power supply is rated to a maximum of 1500w. As said though, I would not want to try putting that much through it as it would certainly get warm.

Would it get warmer at US voltage (110) or UK voltage (220) if you put the maximum 6A through it?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Wikipedia states that self certification is possible.  I didn't bother reading after page 1 in case another person also found and posted this information.

Self-certification

Depending on the level of risk of the product, the CE marking is affixed to a product by the manufacturer or authorized representative who decides whether the product meets all the CE marking requirements. If a product has minimal risk, it can be self-certified where manufacturers a Declaration of Conformity and affixes the CE marking to their own product. Manufacturer then must do several things:
1. Decide whether the product needs to have a CE marking and if the product applies to more than one directive it needs to comply with all of them.
2. Choose the conformity assessment procedure from the modules called out by the directive for the product. There are several modules available for the Conformity Assessment Procedures as listed below:
Module A – Internal production control.
Module B – EC type-examination.
Module C – Conformity to type.
Module D – Production quality assurance.
Module E – Product quality assurance.
Module F – Product verification.
Module G – Unit verification.
Module H – Full quality assurance.
These will often ask questions about the product to classify the level of risk and then refer to the "Conformity Assessment Procedures" chart. This shows all the acceptable options available to a manufacturer to certify the product and affix the CE marking.
Products considered to have a greater risk have to be independently certified by a notified body. This is an organization that has been nominated by a Member State and has been notified by the European Commission. These notified bodies act as test labs and carry out the steps as listed in the directives mentioned above and then decided whether the product has passed. A manufacturer can choose its own notified body in any Member State of the European Union but should be independent of the manufacturer and a private sector organization or a government agency.
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
If you think you are going to have customs problems, ask for the miner to be shipped without a power supply and source an approved one locally yourself. This is what Avalon have been doing, and probably why KNCminer are going to ship without a power supply.

The alternative is the possibility of not having your ASIC miner.

I can imagine the answer from BFL:

All sales or final, we can't do it.

They have already been shipping Singles without power supplies for some people,  this is obviously a potential problem, and it would be nice if you helped people with useful suggestions or refrain from posting.

To clarify the EU position, I send an email to the Swiss Customs.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
If you think you are going to have customs problems, ask for the miner to be shipped without a power supply and source an approved one locally yourself. This is what Avalon have been doing, and probably why KNCminer are going to ship without a power supply.

They have already been shipping Singles without power supplies for some people,  this is obviously a potential problem, and it would be nice if you helped people with useful suggestions or refrain from posting.

It would be nice if you followed your own advice instead of being a BFL spokespuppet all the time. How about next time you see Josh in the office you mention to him he might want to follow the law instead of dumping mistakes like this in his customers lap.
erk
Activity: 826

Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!

erk
Activity: 826

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
legendary

Not trying to thread jack here but US-delivered power brick, am I missing the UL stamp, is it somewhere else on the brick or device?

I just checked my power bricks and they all have ULs, FCCs and CEs (of the EU varietal).

For US delivered jalapeno's?

Sorry no, they are just the power bricks I have lying around.  Laptops, printers, n such Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
There are lot jala box and labes pictures you can check if they got CE
The only CE logo that came with my US-delivered Jalapeno is the one that appears on the power supply.

Not trying to thread jack here but US-delivered power brick, am I missing the UL stamp, is it somewhere else on the brick or device?

I just checked my power bricks and they all have ULs, FCCs and CEs (of the EU varietal).

For US delivered jalapeno's?
legendary
The only CE logo that came with my US-delivered Jalapeno is the one that appears on the power supply.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

Activity: 490
Looking at the BFL supplied cable, its rated at either 3A or 8A. Not huge wattage, but more than enough for a Jalapeno.

Is rated 6 A.
So it is... So theoretical maximum of 1500w. For sure I would not be comfortable running that much power through it (it would get warm) but still, more than enough to manage.

13v x 6A = 78watts max.

Cable != power supply. The supply is rated at what, 78 watts, but the actual cable from mains to the power supply is rated to a maximum of 1500w. As said though, I would not want to try putting that much through it as it would certainly get warm.

100-240v x 2A = 480w max
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Is rated 6 A.

13v x 6A = 78watts max.

Just some notes regarding the hand written information, might clarify some guessing. Please excuse my poor English skills...

a) States the power cord does not apply to directive 2006/95/EC, Annex I, 1(c).
Quote from the source: "The electrical equipment, together with its component parts, should be made in such a way as to ensure that it can be safely and properly assembled and connected."
b) Due to a) they put the CE marking into question (if it is legit).
c) Missing manual in German language and manufacturer/importer information.

Should be easy to fix.
1) As mentioned, remove the US power cord from the package (or put all three, four used in the EU inside the package).
2) Create a flyer with some setup instructions (with all EU languages) and put it into the package. Print your manufacturer address/contact data on the same flyer.

C'mon, this is easy. All manufacturers shipping to the EU doing the same boring stuff. Wink

Hint: Smart companies will print in addition the declaration of confirmity and ship it with the unit.

Easy? I think there are 25 different languages in the EU! Draw a diagram and use as few words as possible.
What the Chinese seem to do is ship to someone in Switzerland and get them to walk over the boarder into the EU.  Wink

Is rated 6 A.

13v x 6A = 78watts max.
Pages:
Jump to: