Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL (BF Labs Inc; Butterfly Labs) officially refusing to refund their customers. - page 5. (Read 18302 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
To be fair it does state on their site that it's 2 months or more for the order to ship.  All sales are final.  Products are shipping.

It's my understanding that if a person's specific unit isn't about to be shipped, then they're entitled to a refund via simply asking for one. If one is not given, then the supplier is breaking the law, a great song by Judas Priest, BTW.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
To be fair it does state on their site that it's 2 months or more for the order to ship.  All sales are final.  Products are shipping.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Phin, I haven't been following this too closely, but I've heard some users complain about it in other threads.

Are they refusing to refund ALL orders, or just the newer preorders? For instance: I have a pre-order from August. Will they not refund it if I asked? (not that I want to)
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I asked for a refund and was refused here is a copy of the email for your amusement.

I am going to challenge paypal even though it has passed the 45 days because according to their terms you can not take money for products that they do not have to sell.

So I will see what happens - not holding my breath though

I am in the UK

Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 5:49 PM
To: Chris J R******
Subject: Re: Order Number 100034910

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs.  According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final.  Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed.  Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at

Best regards,
Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Chris R**** wrote:

Hello,

I placed my order on the 6th Arpil order number 100034910, I was aware it was a pre order item - but you did state that it would be 2 months! I can not wait any longer and I require the money due to a change in circumstances.

Therefore I would kindly request that you cancel my order and refund the money.

Many thanks

Chris R*****

If BFL is not officially refusing to refund their customers, then they better get somebody in official capacity to state otherwise. And I don't mean user Inaba, albeit BFL_Josh would suffice.

It's to their best interest to make a public statement on this forum stating their current policy on refunds, or... (haven't figured that part out yet  Roll Eyes).
Pages:
Jump to: