Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 2. (Read 73031 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Wow,

What a Bummer MrTeal Keeping you from getting Boards Fixed.

I thought MrTeal would be Cool with doing whatever it takes at this point.

Keep at it I guess...

Best.

What I meant was all we need is the Board.
No Files.
No Data from the Contract with MrTeal.

What's so bad about just sending the Board to someone?
It's not like you are giving us his intellectual property.
It's Just the board and nothing else.

Maybe you should ask again so no misunderstanding???
I am not keeping Lucko from getting the board fixed. On the contrary, I have even provided the full schematics for it to aid him in debugging when that wasn't part of the original agreement. I have no problem working with Lucko to try and fix the issue, and providing him the tools he needs to try to debug it himself. I would (as I have in the past) debug it and try to isolate what the problem is free of charge, though what I am able to do is extremely limited without access to hardware. The only thing I am not agreeing to is the sharing of all the design files. Believe me, I want to see this resolved as much as anyone.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Lucko,
Did you ever get these boards working?

We have approached you on a few occasions to send us a board and we will have our tech guy find out what's wrong with it and provide a FIX for it.

I'm not sure how can I explain that to you any clearer than I did in a past. I'm not allowed to share this data. Did you ever hear for intellectual property? I'm not even allowed to share any data with Form(re-asked that and got same answer again). If you would like to get Chili blueprints contact MrTeal not me. So please stop.

Isn't is a little late to be fixing this generation of board? Refund and close it all out.
My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
Unfortunately you are right. I don't have anything near the money needed for that...
I have some working Chili boards I could be bribed to sell to UK buyers.
I am very close to my power limits and my server room it now rather warm.(3 weeks ago it was too cold, then the spring sunshine arrived.....)

EDIT:- is it OK to do this here Lucko?

Sure go for it...

blah blah deleted

So what is happening now ... have you sent board to MrTeal?

one4many
I'm agreeing with MrTeal this thing right now...

Wow,

What a Bummer MrTeal Keeping you from getting Boards Fixed.

I thought MrTeal would be Cool with doing whatever it takes at this point.

Keep at it I guess...

Best.

What I meant was all we need is the Board.
No Files.
No Data from the Contract with MrTeal.

What's so bad about just sending the Board to someone?
It's not like you are giving us his intellectual property.
It's Just the board and nothing else.

Maybe you should ask again so no misunderstanding???
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Lucko,

We have approached you on a few occasions to send us a board and we will have our tech guy find out what's wrong with it and provide a FIX for it.

I'm not sure how can I explain that to you any clearer than I did in a past. I'm not allowed to share this data. Did you ever hear for intellectual property? I'm not even allowed to share any data with Form(re-asked that and got same answer again). If you would like to get Chili blueprints contact MrTeal not me. So please stop.

Isn't is a little late to be fixing this generation of board? Refund and close it all out.
My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
Unfortunately you are right. I don't have anything near the money needed for that...
I am very close to my power limits and my server room it now rather warm.(3 weeks ago it was too cold, then the spring sunshine arrived.....)

Sure go for it...

blah blah deleted

one4many
I'm agreeing with MrTeal this thing right now...
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
blah blah deleted

one4many
Activity: 868

My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 910
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
It was always something happening but if you are saying that I wasn't doing nothing last 10 days that is right. I was waiting and yesterday I got the report back.

1. it is put together correctly
2. they replaced components that can't be measured(with same as they were used for all batches)

Board is still not working and what they think is that there is ether a

1. defective component that is on all boards and in extra parts I still have but was not on all others that worked(all is same batch)
2. something to do with firmware
3. something to do with PCB that can't be detected in static stage and happens only in special conditions

I shared that with MrTeal too...

P.S.: I also looked over what was left over and it is in a ball park(some are always lost do to replacements when checked, inserting into PnP...)

Lucko,

Thx for the update Lucko

I still think you should send 2 boards to MrTeal, he is the only one who knows the thing inside out and waste not more time on trying to find the problem yourself.

one4many
It was always something happening but if you are saying that I wasn't doing nothing last 10 days that is right. I was waiting and yesterday I got the report back.

1. it is put together correctly
2. they replaced components that can't be measured(with same as they were used for all batches)

Board is still not working and what they think is that there is ether a

1. defective component that is on all boards and in extra parts I still have but was not on all others that worked(all is same batch)
2. something to do with firmware
3. something to do with PCB that can't be detected in static stage and happens only in special conditions

I shared that with MrTeal too...

P.S.: I also looked over what was left over and it is in a ball park(some are always lost do to replacements when checked, inserting into PnP...)
At this point the only real information I have is that there was an error in building the boards but which part is incorrect isn't known, and that the ASIC core power goes immediately into a current limit fault when it is powered on.
That was my assumption. But it doesn't look like it is. Unless I missed something it is assembled correctly. And from data I got back till now they also didn't find anything. Is there a way a new firmware for VRM is the problem?

EDIT: Also there are no shorts. Is there a way to say ignore error? Heat will tell if there is really a problem.
No, the fast overcurrent faults are not something that can be programmed out. You can email me the details on what you've done with these units and I can comment on whether I can see an issue and any results the person you talked to might have found.

Lucko ... again ... what is the status ...
I suspect nothing happened again ...
Send 2 boards to MrTeal so he can diagnose the problem, it can not be that hard to make a parcel ready.

one4many
legendary
At this point the only real information I have is that there was an error in building the boards but which part is incorrect isn't known, and that the ASIC core power goes immediately into a current limit fault when it is powered on.
That was my assumption. But it doesn't look like it is. Unless I missed something it is assembled correctly. And from data I got back till now they also didn't find anything. Is there a way a new firmware for VRM is the problem?

EDIT: Also there are no shorts. Is there a way to say ignore error? Heat will tell if there is really a problem.
No, the fast overcurrent faults are not something that can be programmed out. You can email me the details on what you've done with these units and I can comment on whether I can see an issue and any results the person you talked to might have found.

legendary
Same as I wrote you in a mail. I have send it to debugging company. I can't find anything wrong with it.

Good to know that MrTeal doesn't care anymore ... who is the debugging company. URL / address ?
I would like to know who and where they are.

Thx

one4many
It's not that I don't care, there is just nothing I can do about it. At this point the only real information I have is that there was an error in building the boards but which part is incorrect isn't known, and that the ASIC core power goes immediately into a current limit fault when it is powered on. Unfortunately something like that is almost impossible to debug remotely outside some basic checks, without having a copy of the board in hand to look at and test. If someone (ideally in Canada or the US) wants to tell Lucko to send me one of their boards, I can debug it and forward it along when I'm done.
Same as I wrote you in a mail. I have send it to debugging company. I can't find anything wrong with it.

Good to know that MrTeal doesn't care anymore ... who is the debugging company. URL / address ?
I would like to know who and where they are.

Thx

one4many
Lucko,

what is the status? When are you delivering the last batch with our boards?

one4many
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hello

For everyone and especially for Lucko:

Have someone switched Lucko's made boards firmware to more efficient one as announced by MrTeal on
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6102864
What are results? Boards run stable at 1V and lower temperature?

Regards

I looked. And not sure if this will work. You can test but at the moment there is no point of doing that. Problems starts at 0,88 to 0,96V in most cases so I don't think this will work. It will work on some but those don't need slow rise firmware at all...

Hi Lucko

So the new "economy/life extending software" may not work with the boards requiring the "slow rise software"

But should be ok with boards that worked normally with the "standard software"

Is this a correct assumption?

Mudbankkeith

Hello
I tested last weekend: Only reliably works on board that won’t need slow rise software.
On others I got mixed results: My advice is that desserve a try it but don’t place high hopes on it.

Regards
Activity: 868
Hello

Have someone switched Lucko's made boards firmware to more efficient one as announced by MrTeal on

Regards

I looked. And not sure if this will work. You can test but at the moment there is no point of doing that. Problems starts at 0,88 to 0,96V in most cases so I don't think this will work. It will work on some but those don't need slow rise firmware at all...

Hi Lucko

So the new "economy/life extending software" may not work with the boards requiring the "slow rise software"

But should be ok with boards that worked normally with the "standard software"

Is this a correct assumption?

Mudbankkeith
Hello

Regards

Pages:
Jump to: