Pages:
Author

Topic: [BFL] List of Lies - page 7. (Read 8508 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
March 22, 2014, 02:41:11 AM
Just thought it might be fun to make a thread to create an organized list of all the blatant lies from BFL. I am talking about things that can be factually proven to be inaccurate/misleading/bullshit. I would like this to be a civilized discussion so please attempt to keep the trolling to a minimum.

Updated last: May 4 2014

List of Lies
1. (monarch) The fastest and most power-efficient Bitcoin miner yet
2. Butterfly Labs has shipped more ASIC products than all competitors combined
3. Our facility in Kansas has the largest production capacity of all Bitcoin hardware manufacturers.
4. The Competition at least $ 17.50 /GH
5. 65nm ASIC chip is now powering the majority of the bitcoin network
6. The bottom line is that BFL is the only 28nm chip manufacturer on its 2nd generation ASIC
7. All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC
8. 28nm products won't begin shipping til year end
9. (monarch) plan to begin shipments in February, 2014
10. Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in March.
11. We are pioneers of the industry - having manufactured the first commercial Bitcoin mining hardware.
12. November / December    Initial Shipping
13. still on track for December/January
14. As we enter the 28nm era, we're the only competitor with a proven ASIC design in the field.
15. Tape out August 2013
16. Gen1 65nm asics will be around 1w/gh
17. BTC mining, being a zero sum activity, makes it viable and profitable to get as many people to cancel their orders as possible, so your position improves
18. We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%
19. Everyone should be aware of the fact that you are allowed to upgrade 1, 2, 3 or 4 Jalepeno's to 1 Single and keep your place in line
20. Individual orders that are less than 6 months old and that paid for the reduced price 600GH or 300GH Monarch will likely not be delayed past the expected delivery date
21. We have developed the most technologically advanced, most power efficient mining chip on the planet by a factor of two.
22. KnC's new 20nm chip isn't even close to our 28nm chip in terms of performance.
23. I have spoken with Theymos, the operator of Bitcointalk, about this and I have his full knowledge and permission to perform this experiment
24. plan to begin shipments in March 2014
25. However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process
26. meaning the deployment of the Monarch will be delayed about 5 weeks from now
27. it is possible we will begin shipping limited quantities by the end of the week of the 21st(april), it's more likely we will begin shipping the following week, assuming no blocking issues arise.
28. our mining chip is more than 2x efficient than any other chip out
29. The Monarch product line is essentially 3x - 5x more efficient at any comparable hashrate than the competition

Forecast:
- (monarch 600GH) 350w (0.6w/GH conservative estimate)
- Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in June.
- Refunds will be issued in 30 to 45 days from the date of request of refund. Refunds will be in USD.
- We plan to begin shipping within the next 10 - 12 days, but that timeline is still in flux as we adjust the board components to best utilize the chips.

Bonus:
- Josh/Inaba of BFL has now resorted to paying shills to boost his own trust rating and defaming critics by leave false negative trust.

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5979745

Sources:
1. See KNC, Avalon, Bitfury, Bitmain, Bitmine, Cointerra, Hashlast, Spondoolies, Dragon/lightning
2. Obviously not talking about hashrate because that would be absurd. I assume # of products which is still untrue considering the amount of asicminer/bitfury usb miners sold.
3. If largest production capacity means shipping out hardware in a timely manner, I would say they fall in dead last. (maybe hashfast is slower in shipping products)
4. Competition is actually as low as $3/GH. See bitmain
5. Obvious lie. Unless less than 5% of the network is now considered a majority.
6. See KNC.
7. See asicminer/bitmain
8. Already 3 months past years end and this statement is still not removed. *unless they mean this years end which would probably be accurate
9. Misleading. They have planned to ship every month since October of 2013.
10. Devices confirmed to not be shipping march.
11. See asicminer
12. Still have yet to ship anything.
13. See 12.
14. Was said literally months after KNC gave us a proven 28nm design.
15. Tape out September 2013
16. Actually around 3.5w/gh
17. Absolutely ridiculous to believe anyone would think this.
18. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-that-2000-btc-not-1000-btc-is-owed-by-josh-and-bfl-197050
19. Jalapenos intentionally sent out first.
20. March was expected delivery date for all orders before march.
21. Bfl 28nm chip is estimated to be 0.45 w/gh. Knc is estimated around 0.35 w/gh.
22. See 21
23. "He asked me whether he could demonstrate that the Trust system is broken. I said that he could, though I didn't know exactly what he was planning, and I don't like what he's doing" - theymos
24. March has officially passed. No products shipped.
25. Delays from gen1 were 8 months. Delays from gen2 are currently 6 months.
26. past 5 weeks since announcement.
27. past 2 weeks since announcement.
28. 2x better than bitfury would be below 0.2w/gh
29. see 28.
Pages:
Jump to: