Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims - page 6. (Read 10305 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
St. Judes is good.

Another two I could suggest are the American Red Cross and The Water Project

I went to Ethiopia last year, and we worked with A Child's Right, which is now called Splash. They focus on water filtration, as it's a very cost effective to install and maintain clean drinking water.

We also worked with The Selamta Family Project, one of the most successful orphanage family-home systems in Ethiopia. They do some awesome work there.

I'm actually not able to go back this year, but my sister has an opportunity to go there, and she'll be meeting with all the great people I met.

My brother is also heavily involved with Not For Sale, a highly effective anti-slavery and anti-sex trafficking organization.

There's all kinds of good stuff going on in with those 3 organizations. Seriously, check them out.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Sh*t just got real!  Shocked
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I fail to see how either Tom Cablepair or Inaba can really believe that all this school playground behaviour is any good for either of their organizations.

Has anyone noticed how reputable businesses could easily play this ridiculous game of PR one-up-man-ship, and yet by and large don't do it? Because it makes them look bad? Even when they do engage in this sort of thing, they at least have the sense to dress it up in a bogus intellectual property lawsuit.

You two appear like a pair of WWE wrestlers in a pre-match taunting session (to me, anyway)
+1
This whole thing is fucking retarded.
Inaba trolled the bASIC thread, Tom challenged him over BFL's power figures, Inaba turned the bet down because Tom wouldn't publish his own power figures at this point, now it's descended into this shitstorm.
It's totally rediculous, both companies should just focus on getting their (already delayed in the case of BFL) products to market.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
I fail to see how either Tom Cablepair or Inaba can really believe that all this school playground behaviour is any good for either of their organizations.

Has anyone noticed how reputable businesses could easily play this ridiculous game of PR one-up-man-ship, and yet by and large don't do it? Because it makes them look bad? Even when they do engage in this sort of thing, they at least have the sense to dress it up in a bogus intellectual property lawsuit.

You two appear like a pair of WWE wrestlers in a pre-match taunting session (to me, anyway)
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
(I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to)

Food for the Hungry: http://fh.org/

Everyone needs to eat. $10k+ goes a long way.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
Regarding power/noise, I hear from the following article that you're decreasing the speed of the chips to make it "quiet."  I'm not sure why you would do that as most of your customers are going to be putting this in a server room, closet, basement or other area where they currently have motherboards with video cards hanging out of them that sound like jet engines and generate more heat than a jet engine.

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/

Are you planning on releasing a firmware that spins the fan at 85% speed and runs the chips at the maximum speed that's safe to keep the temps under control?  I really hope so - not sure why I'd want to pay good money to make sure my mining operation is "quiet enough."  Follow-up question: if said firmware was released, what would the power usage and GH/s do?
legendary
Activity: 1064
St. Judes is good.

Another two I could suggest are the American Red Cross and The Water Project
legendary
Activity: 2212
Can't wait to see the outcome in 2+ weeks....maybe Cool

Activity: 154
Use some of it to sponsor someone on http://www.extra-life.org/
legendary
Activity: 1176
Interesting bet. I wonder what Tom's reaction will be.
How do you react to a troll trolling you and your company?
Activity: 295
Interesting bet. I wonder what Tom's reaction will be.
Activity: 246
My orginization crawfish for kids which can be searched in trademarkings donates 100% of all proceeds to Texas adaptive Aquatics.

Texas adaptive aquatics helps kids and adults who are para and quadrapalegic to be able to enjoy water sports many have been injured in either accidents and unfortunantly war. I have been supporting them since I have thought of the idea of using my buiz to try to do some good.

if anything I would ask is keep away from the main stream orginizations, when I first started CFK  i tried to go to make a wish foundation and another that craig biggio has, in order for me to donate to these orginiaztions in order to use thier name in radio ads that was going to be playing from 94.5 the buzz who was also donating the airtime along with big woodrows trying to advertise we had to gaurantee a mininum of a 5k donation, i felt that was a little selfish to demand such a high ammount for a gauranteed donation.. So if anything I ask please find a smaller orginiation that really desrves the money.

if interested in helping TAAsports there site is www.taasports.org
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
So... Walk the plank or keelhaul? Tongue

Is making a piratelike win/win bet (for BFL) a good idea now, considering the precedent?

Can Vandroiy take the bet, if interested? I hear he's got some cash on hand.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
something mildly retarded.....

So I've brought facts to this thread and you want to call me names.....

Seems like you're handling yourself and your comments with dignity and respect.
Activity: 246
can we give a suggestion on the charities to donate to if the bet is lost which I doubt will happen.
legendary
Activity: 1260
That's great, Phinnaeus!  My only beef with EFF is their abandonment of Bitcoin, so I have to assess if that's enough to put them out of the running.  But if another worthy charity is put forth, I am certainly open to consider it.  
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
St. Judes  hospital if your going to donate. Help the kids out!

May I suggest the charity be smaller than the size of the likes of St. Judes. I have nothing against them, but the http://christchurchappealtrust.org.nz/ seems a better fit.

Speaking of charities, Josh. I'm upping my bit with you, of which you don't have to put anything up, to $200 USD, instead of the original $100 USD. I did read that you're having misgivings about EFF, so feel free to change your mind when the time comes where I hopefully have to pay out.

Later, bro.

~Bruno K~

I found this the other day www.bitcoinchurch.org

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

May I suggest the charity be smaller than the size of the likes of St. Judes. I have nothing against them, but the http://christchurchappealtrust.org.nz/ seems a better fit.

Speaking of charities, Josh. I'm upping my bit with you, of which you don't have to put anything up, to $200 USD, instead of the original $100 USD. I did read that you're having misgivings about EFF, so feel free to change your mind when the time comes where I hopefully have to pay out.

Later, bro.

~Bruno K~
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 1260
October 19, 2012, 05:47:28 PM
I would nominate Gmaxwell as escrow assuming he is agreeable to it.  Yes, I propose the loser pays the 1000 BTC to charity.
Pages:
Jump to: