Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL or Avalon - page 3. (Read 6155 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
June 11, 2013, 10:12:13 AM
Historically, it appears the contrarian approach was generally correct:

First, BFL announces their project and everyone falls in love with it. Avalon announces later and people were told, "Don't waste your time with avalon. BFL will outproduce them and beat them to market: it will never be worth it." At that point, in hindsight, Avalon was actually the better deal.

As the months tacked on, the advice became, "BFL is such a scam, or at least so incompetent, that batch 2/3 Avalons are the only good investment. Even now when Avalons cost significantly more than batch 1. Everyone with BFL orders should get their refund before the ship sinks." Now in hindsight, it appears that BFL is shipping a couple hundred 5 GH/s miners per week based on http://bfl.ptz.ro/, so if the trend continues and accelerates, it's possible Avalon 3s will sink (Avalon 2s may be ok). Those that kept their BFL preorders, or even made new orders, look likely to come out ahead over avalon batch 3.

Now prices have changed for everyone, BTC/$ has changed, and community based Avalon and BFL chip projects are showing up. At this point, the only question is "Who can ship to me first? If both will arrive at the same time, who has less power?" Since there is no Avalon batch 4 (yet), and the the avalon 3rd party systems are in the pre-prototype stage, the only thing left to do is the calculation of whether the USB ASIC miners (blades for high $/GH) are a better deal than placing a bet on a BFL order.

There was also the, "The sky is falling! 100 TH/s added to the network in August! Don't buy any ASIC miner!" based on the amount of money Avalon's chip sales account raised. That has yet to be seen whether to be true, but based on past warnings - the opposite may be more likely.

Agreed

Nice post .. well thought out.

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
June 11, 2013, 06:21:06 AM
Historically, it appears the contrarian approach was generally correct:

First, BFL announces their project and everyone falls in love with it. Avalon announces later and people were told, "Don't waste your time with avalon. BFL will outproduce them and beat them to market: it will never be worth it." At that point, in hindsight, Avalon was actually the better deal.

As the months tacked on, the advice became, "BFL is such a scam, or at least so incompetent, that batch 2/3 Avalons are the only good investment. Even now when Avalons cost significantly more than batch 1. Everyone with BFL orders should get their refund before the ship sinks." Now in hindsight, it appears that BFL is shipping a couple hundred 5 GH/s miners per week based on http://bfl.ptz.ro/, so if the trend continues and accelerates, it's possible Avalon 3s will sink (Avalon 2s may be ok). Those that kept their BFL preorders, or even made new orders, look likely to come out ahead over avalon batch 3.

Now prices have changed for everyone, BTC/$ has changed, and community based Avalon and BFL chip projects are showing up. At this point, the only question is "Who can ship to me first? If both will arrive at the same time, who has less power?" Since there is no Avalon batch 4 (yet), and the the avalon 3rd party systems are in the pre-prototype stage, the only thing left to do is the calculation of whether the USB ASIC miners (blades for high $/GH) are a better deal than placing a bet on a BFL order.

There was also the, "The sky is falling! 100 TH/s added to the network in August! Don't buy any ASIC miner!" based on the amount of money Avalon's chip sales account raised. That has yet to be seen whether to be true, but based on past warnings - the opposite may be more likely.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 11, 2013, 05:24:36 AM
Josh = Pure American scum

The biggest disgrace to Bitcoin ever. If there is any single entity thats makes Bitcoin look like online funny money for fools its BFL. Thanks you bitch. Just go away
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253
June 11, 2013, 04:33:08 AM
Shocked look who decided to show up.

The master scammer, that created a "charity" to pay his lost 1000 bet to himself.

Great to have him here, laughing about us when we took the wrong decision investing our money into BFL instead of buying a batch 1 Avalon. But it's nice to have Josh here and tell everyone that it's always the wrong decision to make business with BFL.
Activity: 75
June 11, 2013, 04:13:01 AM
It seems these are the only two players in the ASIC market at the moment... That being said, which one do you think will ship new orders first?

I'm considering getting one of these, but not sure which might actually get here in a sane ammount of time.. BFL says new orders will ship in June, but with them missing so many self-imposed dealines already, I'm considering going with avalon...

Comments? Thoughts? Open to all input...

Thanks

Thats a mistake.  ASICMINER have got ASICS avaliable at the moment. Delivery near to instant.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2013, 03:48:24 AM
Yeah, it's easy to be "right" when you are basing your entire life process on hindsight.  That's why he's a schmoe sitting behind a computer ineffectually flailing about instead of someone out in the real world, you know... doing something.

Doing something like siting behind a computer insulting the customers that you have failed to deliver to?
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
June 11, 2013, 03:42:43 AM
Shocked look who decided to show up. Don't you have units to ship?

What units? Or do you mean empty boxes of fans
Activity: 896
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
June 11, 2013, 03:22:16 AM
he appeared ...  Grin  Undecided
Activity: 364
June 11, 2013, 02:26:08 AM
Baited.
Activity: 924
June 11, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
 Shocked look who decided to show up. Don't you have units to ship?
legendary
Activity: 1260
June 11, 2013, 02:12:48 AM
Yeah, it's easy to be "right" when you are basing your entire life process on hindsight.  That's why he's a schmoe sitting behind a computer ineffectually flailing about instead of someone out in the real world, you know... doing something.

June 11, 2013, 02:11:30 AM
I think there is no point in " OR ".
@ the moment I'm going to do Avalon chips assembly.
Later when/if BFL will provide reference docs I'll probably go for BFL chips assembly service.
Anyway BFL is an year late. Avalon is a few months late.
BFL have some kind of customer service. Avalon have none.
@ the end I would say " BOTH "

Time for you to be Avalon / BFL and to fill in the white spaces... I hope we can do that. As long the chips keep coming.
legendary
June 11, 2013, 01:45:39 AM
Looking at the difficulty chart my answer at the current point in time is NONE.
Activity: 728
June 11, 2013, 01:41:53 AM
I think there is no point in " OR ".
@ the moment I'm going to do Avalon chips assembly.
Later when/if BFL will provide reference docs I'll probably go for BFL chips assembly service.
Anyway BFL is an year late. Avalon is a few months late.
BFL have some kind of customer service. Avalon have none.
@ the end I would say " BOTH "
legendary
June 11, 2013, 01:35:42 AM
Well Bicknellski ist right - the right choice would have been to get a BFL refund and order an Avalon. I have no chance that my Single will ever break even. I paid nearly 200 BTC for one single SC. Delivery will be in 2 weeks (read 2-N months). There is no chance that this machine will ever earn those 200 BTC. Not with the difficulty rising that fast. My choice to not order an Avalon from the first batch was wrong and I was to slow to order a second/third batch Avalon.

With my order at BFL I have now the choice to loose everything (chapter 11 before they are able to develop a single SC product) or only part of my bitcoins (when they manage to build more than a prototype). What a great choice. No chance that I order something from BFL ever again!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
June 11, 2013, 01:30:42 AM
Bicknellski's desperation is so delicious, it's like ice cream.  He knows the bucks he dropped on Avalon are about to go *poof* in a puff of difficulty and is pathetically trying to stave off the inevitable.  He's pretty funny to watch, actually.  I mean, even going so far as to necro a 3 month old thread.

Does this not also mean that all the bucks everyone has dropped on BFL ASIC orders are about to go *poof* as well due to difficulty, if we are to follow your logic ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
June 11, 2013, 01:12:45 AM
Bicknellski's desperation is so delicious, it's like ice cream.  He knows the bucks he dropped on Avalon are about to go *poof* in a puff of difficulty and is pathetically trying to stave off the inevitable.  He's pretty funny to watch, actually.  I mean, even going so far as to necro a 3 month old thread.

Activity: 700
June 11, 2013, 01:05:38 AM
Hi teach, whats up?
Doing your usual BFL troll round?
You've missed one.
June 11, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
Avalon.
Pages:
Jump to: