Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 25. (Read 34822 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
September 25, 2012, 04:58:39 AM
Joel Katz would be the best solution. He's critical but not to the point of fanaticism.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 25, 2012, 04:50:38 AM
... credible, verifiable individuals to be flown here to KC sometime ...

Why not contact people from e.g. tomshardware.com, wired.com or computerbase.de? Or from c't (very reputable German computer magazine, always keen to test/experiment with new hardware gimmicks).

Yeah, just give tomshardware money and they will say anything.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
September 25, 2012, 04:46:11 AM

Why not contact people from e.g. tomshardware.com, wired.com or computerbase.de? Or from c't (very reputable German computer magazine, always keen to test/experiment with new hardware gimmicks).

In addition, it would be nice story for them - and promotion for the Bitcoin community.

i'd love if c't (or iX) would make an article about bfl!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
September 25, 2012, 04:44:45 AM

In addition, it would be nice story for them - and promotion for the Bitcoin community.
Activity: 250
September 25, 2012, 04:28:32 AM
If we are successful with the selection of representatives of the community accepted by BFL we should also define a list of questions. I guess the objective is to prove that BFL can deliver an ASIC miner. BFL will unlikely disclose details of the chips (tech node) but if we get power dissipation and hash rate it should be sufficient. So my questions would be:

- chip size (picture)
- hash rate per chip (... if possible proven on an laptop provided by the visiting representative)
- power dissipation (can be measured on the whole device and divided by the number chips :-))

We should probably ask in advance what kind of questions we can ask and what answers we get (the visitor has only to confirm it). If the visitors will be able only to shoot pictures of stuff members assembling BFL-singles then maybe the trip is pointless.

Josh, please let us know what You want to show to the visitor.
Activity: 686
Wat
September 25, 2012, 02:20:47 AM
Casascius, Joel Katz, cypherdoc, gmaxwell

Excellent choices.
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
September 25, 2012, 01:57:27 AM
How about DiabloD3 Huh

He has a mining company,designed a miner & dosen't think too highly of BFL.

Reeses has been way too vocal (rude) with respect to BFL.He may try to sabotage the plant or something  Cheesy

The problem is: if he came back and said everything was great, we'd all know it was great, but if he said there was  problem and BFL is all f'ed up and we need to pull out now, we couldn't trust it. I agree with an earlier poster that someone who has preorders with BFL makes sense because they would have a motivation to blow a whistle but not be a hater with an agenda.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
September 25, 2012, 01:50:53 AM
How about DiabloD3 Huh

I know he's a mod, but I don't think it's fair to invite someone who's a blatant critic, to the point of starting a betting pool whether or not BFL will even deliver.

Forgot about the bet,my bad  Roll Eyes

As far as critics go,who isn't one who hasn't REALLY put the bad in "bad mouthing"  Cheesy
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
September 25, 2012, 01:32:37 AM
My votes: Yochdog and Cablez
Activity: 240
September 25, 2012, 12:46:27 AM
I found and exposed Sonny's history on the forum (here), but I'm not a BFL hater.  I have a Jalapeno and Single on preorder.  I'm not a developer or electrical/computer engineer, so I wouldn't be much use verifying those aspects of the devices.  I work in the tech field on the business side of things.  I have mined on GPU before in Inaba/BFL_Josh's pool, but I don't have any FPGA devices.

All I could offer the community are photos of the devices in action (and kill-a-watt readings) and my word about what I see.  Perhaps people find me credible since I was the person who exposed Sonny's connection to the lottery scheme.  I live in Chicago, so I'm fairly close.  I would only do this if other people want me to do it.  I'm not particularly interested in going to Kansas City in late October/early November just for the hell of it.  I'm also employed, so weekends work best for me (I will not use more than one vacation day for this).  If I'm not allowed to post photo evidence of working devices, I'm not interested in going.  Those are my terms Smiley
Activity: 840
September 25, 2012, 12:44:59 AM
All solid choices imo.
legendary
Activity: 1050
September 25, 2012, 12:41:47 AM
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
September 25, 2012, 12:35:36 AM
 I'd say WhitePhantom or my self.
legendary
September 25, 2012, 12:30:31 AM
How about DiabloD3 Huh

I know he's a mod, but I don't think it's fair to invite someone who's a blatant critic, to the point of starting a betting pool whether or not BFL will even deliver.
Activity: 840
September 25, 2012, 12:18:36 AM
He also met pirate in person and trusted him fully.
Hold on... how/when did I miss this?! If this is true, then I'd like to reiterate that Gigavps shouldn't go.

Also, what do you guys think about Casascius and Meni Rosenfeld? I am not sure that Rosenfeld lives in the US, but from my recollection he has some sort of degree in mathematics and invented the DGM/DGS algorithm. In my book, they are reputable people that don't have much to do with BFL.

EDIT: Josh (Inaba), only 1-2 people can go?

Meni is in Israel.  He seems pretty smart but he also trusted a serial scammer, Alberto, and agreed to run a 3% weekly bond for him.

I think casacius is trustworthy and he is in the US.

Gigavps and reeses were big-time pirate supporters.
Code:
8693	reeses		79	pirateat40	2012-01-28 02:28:55	10	solid as a brick and completely trustworthy. Lots of profit potential.
11153 pirateat40 -41 reeses 2012-05-24 15:13:06 9 Core - The very best of the community.
7853 gigavps 257 pirateat40 2012-08-30 22:29:00 10 all business, no drama
7739 pirateat40 -41 gigavps 2012-08-17 22:30:23 10 They don't come better.

legendary
Activity: 2212
September 25, 2012, 12:18:08 AM
How about DiabloD3 Huh

Reeses has been way too vocal (rude) with respect to BFL.He may try to sabotage the plant or something  Cheesy
legendary
September 25, 2012, 12:12:43 AM
Hold on... how/when did I miss this?! If this is true, then I'd like to reiterate that Gigavps shouldn't go.
I would say most people won't accept his endorsement, as he is a known BFL advocate, and already a VERY large customer.
legendary
Activity: 1022
I'd fight Gandhi.
September 25, 2012, 12:08:17 AM

Also, what do you guys think about Casascius and Meni Rosenfeld? I am not sure that Rosenfeld lives in the US, but from my recollection he has some sort of degree in mathematics and invented the DGM/DGS algorithm. In my book, they are reputable people that don't have much to do with BFL.

EDIT: Josh (Inaba), only 1-2 people can go?
Activity: 364
September 25, 2012, 12:05:35 AM
    • I am a BFL customer (Minirig hosted by Inaba + SC preorder).

That counts you out in my books.
    I am curious why.  I have a vested interest in discovering the truth about BFL.  If it is a scam, then I would get authorities involved immediately.  If I found out it was a scam and tried to sell my preorder, then everyone would immediately become suspicious.

That type of connection is quite close, and is a scab to be picked.

To most BFL purchasers that is a big investment in BFL, and being hosted by BFL makes you even closer.
    Need someone critical, not connected. Nothing more than a BitForce single purchaser if at all.

I can't speak for them, but I'm sure they want someone that removes any doubt in people's(bitcointalk) minds. Otherwise the exercise is a pointless waste of money.[/list]
    legendary
    September 25, 2012, 12:05:00 AM
    I am going to throw my name into the hat for a chance to partake in the "BFL Experience".

Also East Coast USA. Smiley
    Out of all the people who have nominated themselves (who wouldn't?), I would actually approve of you the most. 
    Pages:
    Jump to: