Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 19. (Read 34822 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 25, 2012, 10:33:20 PM
I'm probably not the best choice for actually reviewing hardware but I want to go just to get a picture with Sonny and Josh to prove to the crazies that I'm not a sockpuppet Grin

But how would this prove anything to the "crazies"?

I don't care either way, I just think you wrote a terrible interview (used term loosely! Tongue) - then deleted the comments because they were scathing of you and not BFL.
Reddit was along the same lines of comments, not anti BFL at all. More telling you that you wrote an opinion piece.

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/10cnnj/an_interview_with_butterfly_labs_exec_sonny/
"Spill over from fighting" Huh It's just criticism of your writing.

But then again, maybe you would be the best person;
Quote from: enmaku
I've seen enough schematics and details that I could probably build my own ASIC line from their specs if I had the VC

I've said it a dozen times in as many places but I'll go ahead and reiterate it now: The word "interview" was poorly chosen - I did in fact interview Sonny but so much of it was off the record that it became impossible to write the article like an actual interview. If I could re-write the piece with a different title I would but it's already out there. There's no undo on the internet. I've also directly addressed the "I could build my own ASIC line" quote as being hyperbole that any reasonable person should grasp the meaning of. I'm so tired of fighting over this article...

OP, I'm sorry for bringing this here and I hope that everyone has the respect to take the "let's flame Dave" movement back to the other threads and let this one be productive. I'm apparently not allowed to make a joke in public until there are ASICs physically in peoples hands  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 25, 2012, 10:33:08 PM
Having held a TSSCI security clearance myself, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on your story, thanks for trying though.

Having held a TSSCI clearance, you should understand then the impact that, say, a credit score, financial inquiries, etc. have on your eligibility to maintain that clearance.  The point of the clearance is to assess the risk of compromise of privileged information.  If you have money problems, drug problems, or criminal associates, you are not going to maintain that clearance except under, oh yeah, SCI terms.

Otherwise, this is another of your attempts at misdirection.

You're right, I understand it very well, that's why I am calling your story bullshit.  Either you don't hold a clearance or you have no understanding as to how that clearance works.  In either case, your reasoning is bullshit... but that's neither here nor there for the purposes of this discussion, since the end result is the same.

You didn't hold a clearance of any import.  I'm guessing if you did, it was secret at best.  Stop exaggerating.

Hey Reese... why don't you go on and read line 37 to the crowd here.  Tell us all what it says, go on.

How's that fake security clearance of yours coming along?  Did they come to take you away because of pirate?  Meh... like I said, either you're lying about your clearance or you have absolutely no clue what so ever how a security clearance works.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
September 25, 2012, 09:30:43 PM
Ok.. how about this...

Bitcoin meetup at BFL's place.  Anyone that wants to attend?

Oh.. and I believe Sonny is Greek?.. maybe him and I can shoot some shit in Greek...  I'll bring the ouzo.  Tsipouro or Raki is also available if anyone prefers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 25, 2012, 09:20:06 PM
I'm probably not the best choice for actually reviewing hardware but I want to go just to get a picture with Sonny and Josh to prove to the crazies that I'm not a sockpuppet Grin

But how would this prove anything to the "crazies"?

I don't care either way, I just think you wrote a terrible interview (used term loosely! Tongue) - then deleted the comments because they were scathing of you and not BFL.
Reddit was along the same lines of comments, not anti BFL at all. More telling you that you wrote an opinion piece.

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/10cnnj/an_interview_with_butterfly_labs_exec_sonny/
"Spill over from fighting" Huh It's just criticism of your writing.

But then again, maybe you would be the best person;
Quote from: enmaku
I've seen enough schematics and details that I could probably build my own ASIC line from their specs if I had the VC
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 25, 2012, 09:07:23 PM
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 25, 2012, 09:04:24 PM
Send Kano Smiley
Definitely wont be me Smiley

Besides being broke (I doubt I'd be able to afford a plane ticket Aus <-> USA any time in the ... distant ... future),
my posts about BFL have been too negative to be considered appropriate for the job Smiley

The plane flight isn't all that bad - I've done it 3 times there and back.
That's what Kindle e-inks are for!
(quiet, with wifi off no interference, runs forever without charging, small enough, makes you look intelligent Cheesy ... wish I had one back then)

Meanwhile - people on this side of the planet just need an SC Single to arrive by courier to resolve the question about 'if' they exist and meet specs ... getting them to work in cgminer shouldn't take long ... as long as whoever designed the bitstream didn't do anything silly ...
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
September 25, 2012, 08:58:17 PM
If selected for the visit, I will gladly bring the following:

-Kill-A-Watt meter
-HD video camera
-Rebel T2i DSLR
-Laptop for independent testing of ASIC veracity

Hey I have all that stuff too!!! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 952
September 25, 2012, 08:56:24 PM
p_shep
Actually, that's not a bad recommendation.

Give Con's weight and involvement in the community, I think it would be well worth the price of the ticket and hotel to have him fly over to inspect/review/etc the product. Consider it BFL.
He's already said it's not worth it. It's a really long flight to have to do twice in such a short amount of time, just so BFL can prove themselves. Now if they decided to give him a free SC Single...
Activity: 467
September 25, 2012, 08:02:08 PM
Yes, we're all in Australia, in various different cities.

Give Con's weight and involvement in the community, I think it would be well worth the price of the ticket and hotel to have him fly over to inspect/review/etc the product. Consider it BFL.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
September 25, 2012, 07:50:48 PM
p_shep
death and taxes
Activity: 470
September 25, 2012, 07:02:15 PM
If you do end up coming Yochdog, I swear to god if you don't have a beard like your avatar has, you might as well get back on the plane as soon as you step off.

LOL, good one.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
September 25, 2012, 06:22:56 PM
I would certainly like to go and meet sunbreak there.  Cheesy
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
September 25, 2012, 06:16:39 PM
I would nominate DeaDTerra
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
September 25, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
I would like to be able to cast my vote without having to follow this thread, 

Please make a nominate list and PM me.
Activity: 107
Merit: 30
September 25, 2012, 05:16:13 PM
I would certainly like to go ... It's nice to have been endorsed by ckolivas and graet.

If for some reason I was excluded ... my vote would be for abracadabra and yochdog.

I do believe at least two people should go, one of those people should be an EE type person ...
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
September 25, 2012, 05:08:14 PM
If you do end up coming Yochdog, I swear to god if you don't have a beard like your avatar has, you might as well get back on the plane as soon as you step off.

Inaba,  I was thinking the same thing, i wonder if this guy is really the guy in the pic!!

sure sounds like Yochdog and sunbreak are well respected levelheaded geeks for the job!!

It's Will Ferrel from Anchorman.

"Milk was a BAD choice."
legendary
Activity: 1876
September 25, 2012, 05:06:02 PM

Inaba,  I was thinking the same thing, i wonder if this guy is really the guy in the pic!!

sure sounds like Yochdog and sunbreak are well respected levelheaded geeks for the job!!

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 25, 2012, 05:04:48 PM
I vote for sunbreak. i've known him since 1995 and he a honest person who doesn't have a dog in the fight.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
September 25, 2012, 05:03:48 PM
Send Kano Smiley
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 25, 2012, 05:02:02 PM
I think Yochdog would be the best for this.
Pages:
Jump to: