Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Single in the wild (BOUNTY RECEIVED!!!) - page 5. (Read 42484 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.

Fuck off, guy. I am asking a relevant question of the people who have done business with BFL.
Activity: 402
Well mine just arrived Smiley

Pictures please so i can put in my order! Tongue
Activity: 350
Well mine just arrived Smiley

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.
Activity: 349
I swear BFL accepted bitcoins for the orders, or they didn't?

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."
Hint to BFL.  One word:  Bitpay

No currency risk
No trading.
No processing time or effort.

Customer pay in BTC and you get USD in your bank account in 2-3 days.
FYI.  https://bit-pay.com/
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

They asked me if I would like them without the extra fan for esthetics. They said at 72F there is no throttling. The extra fan would give me more options for heat tolerance though. I opted for the extra fan. That seems like it might be their bottleneck.

Its interesting your mentioned this as I had a feeling this was one of the delays. Quality control found that over 72 degrees can have any effect on their units. This is why they added another fan.

I am glad they are asking people for the option now. I myself will be running these in a datacenter which is 65 degree's. I would be more than happy to get my units earlier if I had to forgo my extra fan. Maybe if others are in the same boat this will allow things to speed up a bit.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
I have 2 tracking numbers now.

I ordered 10 but at this time only 3 are on the way.

The first tracking number was Monday with one unit in it.

The second was Tuesday with 2 units in it.

I hope to see a tracking number each day until they have built and sent out all of mine. It seems like it must be a more labor intensive process than they were expecting.

They asked me if I would like them without the extra fan for esthetics. They said at 72F there is no throttling. The extra fan would give me more options for heat tolerance though. I opted for the extra fan. That seems like it might be their bottleneck.

I'm in Alaska and these are coming from Kansas so Friday/Saturday they should arrive.

Order date?
Activity: 446
I have 2 tracking numbers now.

I ordered 10 but at this time only 3 are on the way.

The first tracking number was Monday with one unit in it.

The second was Tuesday with 2 units in it.

I hope to see a tracking number each day until they have built and sent out all of mine. It seems like it must be a more labor intensive process than they were expecting.

I'm in Alaska and these are coming from Kansas so Friday/Saturday they should arrive.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."

Hint to BFL.  One word:  Bitpay

No currency risk
No trading.
No processing time or effort.

Customer pay in BTC and you get USD in your bank account in 2-3 days.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
shhhhhhhhhh
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
I'll just leave this here as eye candy for you guys Wink

(was just sent this by BFL via email, pic of their burn-in/testing rack right now)

hrrr, i still have a hard time in believing BFL is not a long con.
Agreed.  This is just another little piece of bait to keep it going.

If BFL was legit this forum would be flooded with "I got my single!!" posts.
Sorry sir, your sarcasm detector is broken, rather badly. I am getting mine today, but even then as they are delivered one-by-one, people like you and goat and bulanula are still going to be moaning about how few people have turned up to evangelize them. Live with it, not everyone feels the need to post every time they get some hardware, no matter how rare it may seem to be.

I don't think anyone who receives a single wants to advertise it... Instead, they keep quiet and order as many as they can afford.
Activity: 506
rjk
1ngldh

(was just sent this by BFL via email, pic of their burn-in/testing rack right now)

Sorry sir, your sarcasm detector is broken, rather badly. I am getting mine today, but even then as they are delivered one-by-one, people like you and goat and bulanula are still going to be moaning about how few people have turned up to evangelize them. Live with it, not everyone feels the need to post every time they get some hardware, no matter how rare it may seem to be.
legendary
Activity: 1012

Activity: 628
Merit: 504
It's my-shoppingbox.com, but they only reship to the Philippines.
Anyway, I'm still not sure if Butterfly Labs will allow it since my paypal address doesn't match the shipping address in the US.  And I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay via wire transfer at this point in time.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to change the shipping address for Paypal orders, but I think it's totally negotiable for other ways of payments, since shipping address @ Paypal is used for account verification and needed to protect participating parties from scam, for returns/claims and etc. That's how I see it anyways.
Activity: 344
Would you mind posting their web site here? Currently I'm looking for a freighter, which could efficiently get the cargo in time and clear the customs at Russia. If BFL devices are using same HS code as ZTEX'es then it should bear no duties, but who knows  Huh

It's my-shoppingbox.com, but they only reship to the Philippines.

Anyway, I'm still not sure if Butterfly Labs will allow it since my paypal address doesn't match the shipping address in the US.  And I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay via wire transfer at this point in time.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I've been using the freight forwarding service for more than a year and I've had lots of stuff shipped to me.  Of course it's not free ($5.50-$8.50 per pound), but after you pay for the shipping, that's it; they handle the importing.

Would you mind posting their web site here? Currently I'm looking for a freighter, which could efficiently get the cargo in time and clear the customs at Russia. If BFL devices are using same HS code as ZTEX'es then it should bear no duties, but who knows  Huh
Activity: 344
Now that sounds like a con.

I've been using the freight forwarding service for more than a year and I've had lots of stuff shipped to me.  Of course it's not free ($5.50-$8.50 per pound), but after you pay for the shipping, that's it; they handle the importing.
Pages:
Jump to: