Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Single in the wild (BOUNTY RECEIVED!!!) - page 9. (Read 42484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
February 27, 2012, 10:48:20 PM
What's the size of the power socket on that thing?
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
February 27, 2012, 10:18:27 PM
I'm a bit concerned that no one else has theirs yet.  Anyone who bought 10 of them get them yet?
Yes, it is interesting that there are no other confirmed reports of 'regular customers' (like gigavps) having received their orders since, apparently, BFL has been shipping them out for the past 7 days. One would expect many people would have received their shipments already. If they have, they are not talking.

jjdebug (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.770964) said that he received an email from BFL saying his Singles (plural) would ship this week; but I don't know when he placed it.
I placed my order mid november. I ordered 10. If I get mine this week or early next week I will take a picture of them all. I live in Alaska. Hoping that heat won't be a problem here. Smiley I am concerned about whether they will work on my Mac though.
Ok, thanks for that. rjk has placed an order a bit earlier, November 5, and he still hasn't received his. Actually fred0 ordered 2 in October and they haven't shipped yet either. That's the earliest order I am aware of. I'm guessing gigavps placed his first order in October, but BFL's first run of batch of chips were enough to make ~50 Singles. They shipped one to gigavps over a week ago ... so where are the other 49?
I think that the mods made are all by hand and it's just taking more time than expected to get the units in shipping condition.  
[Wild Speculation]
There also maybe defects that we are as yet unaware.  Rather than ship these units knowing of a possible problem, Sonny is minimizing any user exposure to possibly problematic units until he resolves the issue.
[/Wild Speculation]
Just got the tracking number! Sonny reads forum posts!
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
February 27, 2012, 10:06:39 PM
I'm a bit concerned that no one else has theirs yet.  Anyone who bought 10 of them get them yet?
Yes, it is interesting that there are no other confirmed reports of 'regular customers' (like gigavps) having received their orders since, apparently, BFL has been shipping them out for the past 7 days. One would expect many people would have received their shipments already. If they have, they are not talking.

jjdebug (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.770964) said that he received an email from BFL saying his Singles (plural) would ship this week; but I don't know when he placed it.
I placed my order mid november. I ordered 10. If I get mine this week or early next week I will take a picture of them all. I live in Alaska. Hoping that heat won't be a problem here. Smiley I am concerned about whether they will work on my Mac though.
Ok, thanks for that. rjk has placed an order a bit earlier, November 5, and he still hasn't received his. Actually fred0 ordered 2 in October and they haven't shipped yet either. That's the earliest order I am aware of. I'm guessing gigavps placed his first order in October, but BFL's first run of batch of chips were enough to make ~50 Singles. They shipped one to gigavps over a week ago ... so where are the other 49?
Activity: 446
February 27, 2012, 10:01:06 PM
I'm a bit concerned that no one else has theirs yet.  Anyone who bought 10 of them get them yet?

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
February 27, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
I'm a bit concerned that no one else has theirs yet.  Anyone who bought 10 of them get them yet?

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 27, 2012, 02:36:26 PM
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
February 26, 2012, 11:13:55 PM
I am slightly confused tho,  Fedex tracking info but the box showed Priority Mail from USPS.  Which was it?
Fedex doesn't give a shit what kind of boxes you use.

A little off topic, but now I don't get to see you (rjk) eat his GPU rigs
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.763484

Damn good thing, they were expensive! (See the sig Tongue)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Decent Programmer to boot!
February 26, 2012, 09:57:54 PM
I am slightly confused tho,  Fedex tracking info but the box showed Priority Mail from USPS.  Which was it?
Fedex doesn't give a shit what kind of boxes you use.

A little off topic, but now I don't get to see you (rjk) eat his GPU rigs
rjk
1ngldh
February 26, 2012, 09:52:05 PM
I have not been following this all that closely but is there more than jut one of these in the wild? (not counting Inaba's)

I think the only ones reported are giga and Inaba. 
Reportedly Luke-jr has his in hand as well.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
February 26, 2012, 09:45:02 PM
I have not been following this all that closely but is there more than jut one of these in the wild? (not counting Inaba's)

I think the only ones reported are giga and Inaba. 
rjk
1ngldh
February 26, 2012, 01:22:00 PM
And don't forget that mining elsewhere is certain to get better efficiency. GPUMAX always has much higher rejects, but that isn't a problem since they pay more.

Gigas has 0.47% stale rate. That's not really bad !
Hmm, maybe its my connection. I consistently get better numbers when I go direct to Slush's pool. Could be TWC having some retarded routing path.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
February 26, 2012, 01:19:51 PM
And don't forget that mining elsewhere is certain to get better efficiency. GPUMAX always has much higher rejects, but that isn't a problem since they pay more.

Gigas has 0.47% stale rate. That's not really bad !
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
February 26, 2012, 01:10:13 PM

GPUMAX always has much higher rejects, but that isn't a problem since they pay more.

Maybe that used to be the case.... but it isn't now.

My 300mh/s reject rate at GPUMAX ranges from 0.3 - 0.6%, lower than any pool i have mined at.

rjk
1ngldh
February 26, 2012, 01:02:09 PM
Another update!   Cheesy

The image below is cgminer with the single single at ~88 hours of up time.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ok0jdPO2VZQ/T0pQ1nZqSMI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/clhf9usftpU/s660/cgminer-88-hours.jpg

I have tried to highlight the important parts of the screen for the uninformed. Starting from the top going left:

1) I am running cgminer 2.2.7
2) The single is averaging 810Mh/s
3) It's efficiency is 96%
4) It's submitted 59351 accepted shares
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
February 26, 2012, 01:01:16 PM
gigavps, I had in mind that screenshots worth nothing because they can't prove anything.

Turbor, do not shout at me. You are also in my potential scammers list now. Good luck. Cool

LOL, and with that comment you're now on my watch list.  Good LUCK!

Uh oh.  Wink
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
February 26, 2012, 11:45:08 AM
gigavps, I had in mind that screenshots worth nothing because they can't prove anything.

Turbor, do not shout at me. You are also in my potential scammers list now. Good luck. Cool

LOL, and with that comment you're now on my watch list.  Good LUCK!
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
February 26, 2012, 11:37:21 AM
Another update!   Cheesy

The image below is cgminer with the single single at ~88 hours of up time.

I have tried to highlight the important parts of the screen for the uninformed. Starting from the top going left:

1) I am running cgminer 2.2.7
2) The single is averaging 810Mh/s
3) It's efficiency is 96%
4) It's submitted 59351 accepted shares
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
February 26, 2012, 05:00:50 AM
I like cgminer,once I figured out how to set it up Roll Eyes

Thanks guys!!!

Will it auto detect the FPGA miner,when I plug the usb in???
uck
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
February 26, 2012, 04:47:01 AM
are you using   -o http://deepbit.net:8332  -u your emailloginaddress_workername -p password    ?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
February 26, 2012, 04:38:03 AM
Ok,I keep getting:

Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

I'm mining on deepbit,where is the "url" I need Huh

All I find is BBcode or setup for momchills,diablo,ufasoft or phoenix miners Huh

God,I'm slow to learn Roll Eyes

I'm planning on getting a few BFL rigs & really need to learn this Cool

Sorry for going off topic Cry

P.S. I got it going,was using login instead of "worker" ID, Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: