Pages:
Author

Topic: {BFL} Why The Monarch Might Just Work - page 4. (Read 5990 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 18, 2013, 11:02:47 PM
Hey, what does it mean if someone's "ignore" word is backgrounded in yellow? 

Serious question; I am not wise in the ways of bitcointalk software.
Lots of users ignore him.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 18, 2013, 10:59:25 PM
Hey, what does it mean if someone's "ignore" word is backgrounded in yellow? 

Serious question; I am not wise in the ways of bitcointalk software.
August 18, 2013, 10:57:43 PM
It is possible that Butterfly Labs is just licensing 28nm from someone who already has it.  And they're only alien because they're not American.
What part of "tapeout" would seem to contradict that?
Activity: 167
August 18, 2013, 10:56:00 PM
It is possible that Butterfly Labs is just licensing 28nm from someone who already has it.  And they're only alien because they're not American.
August 18, 2013, 10:42:38 PM
BFL didn't rake enough suckers with chips to run for the border... so they 'created' 28nm technology that up until a couple of weeks ago said was IMPOSSIBLE.
It's a good way to work it in this kind of scam.  Flow with the plausibility, subject to what is known about you.

A couple weeks ago, there was only one 28nm:  KnC.  So, BFL could say "bullshit," and enough of the brain dead twits in retail bitcoin would believe it.  Remember, there are people who, for cultural/language reasons, or simply intellectual impairment,  believe almost anything they read on the internet from a "reputable" source. *

Then came HashFast and CoinTerra.  Now there were three (their stories are all 28nm, right?  I forget...)  Okay, no problem.  We be 28nm too, Boss.  Photoshop up a video card, and: bada bing.  Another million bucks.

*I don't want this to be taken as an attack on those who, for technological reasons, still believe that KnC, and/or others as well, do not and cannot have 28nm chips.  I'm talking only about those who wouldn't know a nonometer from a nannybot.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 18, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
they will package the impossible into a PCI/e GPU styled and sized device.

yeah, i noticed the pic of a gpu-like looking card.  what is that all about?
Alien technology.

Time Travelers
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 18, 2013, 10:39:14 PM
I just realized we haven't heard anything about those hardware wallets BFL was pimping a couple trade shows ago.

Wonder if that is going to ship before Monarch.

Because that is exactly what I want to do. Put all my Bitcoin in a BFL device! 

When you try to spend then the wallet continually reports it will be included in a block "in two weeks (TM)".
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2013, 10:31:41 PM
I just realized we haven't heard anything about those hardware wallets BFL was pimping a couple trade shows ago.

Because that is exactly what I want to do. Put all my Bitcoin in a BFL device! 
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 18, 2013, 10:25:13 PM

Activity: 320
Merit: 250
August 18, 2013, 10:22:48 PM
I will never order from BFL again unless they have a very compelling reason to buy from them; the monarch is somewhat impressive but not by alot. xCrowd seems more promising and they're cheaper.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 18, 2013, 09:55:06 PM
The reason you will not get your product has a lot more to do with economics then technology.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/this-is-why-all-gen-2-asic-pre-orders-are-a-losing-bet-276844
Activity: 924
August 18, 2013, 09:41:40 PM
You have to admit that BFL's announcement always hit right on the spot of consumer psychology, people first curse them, then place a lot of order at their website  Grin

Caveat emptor is not a widely used frame of reference for those who "consume" BFL products. Rather than BFL targeting a consumer psychology it is more a targeting of the Bitcoin pathology (study of suffering), particularly of those who need consumer protection from the least scrupulous businesses in this community. The fastest way to get more regulation in Bitcoin is to continue to allow BFL to operate with little or no ethical foundation.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
August 18, 2013, 09:17:03 PM
You have to admit that BFL's announcement always hit right on the spot of consumer psychology, people first curse them, then place a lot of order at their website  Grin
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
August 18, 2013, 02:49:48 PM
they will package the impossible into a PCI/e GPU styled and sized device.

yeah, i noticed the pic of a gpu-like looking card.  what is that all about?
Alien technology.

http://silverunderground.com/2013/06/wake-up-bit-coin-is-an-alien-invasion/
Activity: 410
August 18, 2013, 02:48:31 PM
People are complaining because they think that only the first people who ordered SC Singles will ever make a positive ROI. Wouldn't the same be true for these? The first people who buy these 2nd gen products will be the most profitable, but if you order 6 months from now (when they may or may not be shipping) you may or may not make a positive ROI?

If that's the case, why wouldn't people buy them now?
Answer seems a bit obvious but it's because the landscape of bitcoin ASIC manufacturing appears a lot different today looking forward a year than it did for the last year.  I think if any company delays shipment at this point for as long as BFL did with their last offerings then not a single unit of their offering will see ROI.  However if you do plan on ordering a Monarch FOR SURE then I suppose it's better to upgrade or buy it now rather than later.

Though I guess that's the answer (one of many) to why shouldn't people buy them.  In fact I'm sure many will pre-order Monarchs now regardless of how bad a decision that is.
Activity: 924
August 18, 2013, 02:05:11 PM
Doesn't matter if it works. Matters when it ships and whether it even exists.

Boycott BFL. Simply the best way to avoid the 12 month waiting game.
Activity: 322
August 18, 2013, 02:01:18 PM
Sonny Vleisides is the BFL CEO and a convicted fraudster, having been involved in a lottery scam of 25 million dollars that was ran by his father.
BFL has not shipped any Singles and Little Singles orders from anywhere after July 2012.

Having said that, trusting BFL with your hard earned money is a very foolish decision to make.

You sir are a liar ==>

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/291-friday-saturday-august-16-17-2013-shipping-update.html
within a range of 3 months, as they are still only shipipng at the Oct 1 2012 pay date.

You really want to nit pick that?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 18, 2013, 01:59:35 PM
Sonny Vleisides is the BFL CEO and a convicted fraudster, having been involved in a lottery scam of 25 million dollars that was ran by his father.
BFL has not shipped any Singles and Little Singles orders from anywhere after July 2012.

Having said that, trusting BFL with your hard earned money is a very foolish decision to make.

You sir are a liar ==>

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/291-friday-saturday-august-16-17-2013-shipping-update.html
Pages:
Jump to: