Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL's Jalapeno exists - I have one in my hand and just uploaded a video - page 5. (Read 12916 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
it would be really good to only have jalapenos everywhere,
that would mean small miners will have a chance.
Lemme guess; you're either from Europe, Oz, or you're an American Progressive... Amirite?
Are you implying something here?

go big or go home Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Lemme guess; you're either from Europe, Oz, or you're an American Progressive... Amirite?
Are you implying something here?
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
some people having 5 x 60GH/s versus 5x 5GH/s.
Activity: 191
Merit: 110
Only Jalap's exist.  The Single SC's and Minirigs are far far far from our reach.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Thanks for the video.
Well done.

I hope the ATX cable comes also with the SC Single.

Yes it is nice. But only for modular ATX power supply ? Should have been male and not female (or the other way around) to be compatible with any atx power supply ...
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
Activity: 182
30 watts?  Jesus, that's 6 times the power draw that BFL said the jalapeno was supposed to have

That means that the 50-60GH/s miner from BFL will consume 300w+, which really isn't much different from the Avalon (and well beyond their specified range)

Avalon is up around 600W very different
Activity: 164

Awesome!
But only one sample is not a proof that they are not scammers. BFL could produce (or order someone else) a very small amount of chips to lure more people. At least some more reviews are required to belive them.

you don't know anything about pcb and integrated circuit conception and production, do you ? Make one real working product is WAY more expensive than a whole bunch of them ...
The more you make the cheaper it becomes as dev cost are shared among each product.

stop hating. Some people want to discourage people from buying so that difficulty will stay low and less product sold. stop being so selfish.
Activity: 189
Enmaku, could you please open up your device, take photos of chips, and perhaps a thermal image is possible?

Why do you look so grumpy in the vid?
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
That guy has a 5gh/s mining little box and a wife...

I HATE MYSELF  Embarrassed

hahahaha.

I cant wait to get my jalapeno!
Activity: 85
That guy has a 5gh/s mining little box and a wife...

I HATE MYSELF  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
30 watts?  Jesus, that's 6 times the power draw that BFL said the jalapeno was supposed to have

That means that the 50-60GH/s miner from BFL will consume 300w+, which really isn't much different from the Avalon (and well beyond their specified range)
Activity: 182
But only one sample is not a proof that they are not scammers. BFL could produce (or order someone else) a very small amount of chips to lure more people. At least some more reviews are required to belive them.

Give it a rest and admit you want one.
Activity: 639
Merit: 500

Awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Good review and great to see BFL shipping something, even if it is a prerelease version to a very few select users.  What we're all looking forward to is BFL shipping an ASIC to people who ordered last year and aren't related to any blog or special interest group.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
my beefs with this video:
  • >check network hashrate to make sure he doesn't accidentally 50% the network
    >OH IT'S JUST 5GH IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER
  • I find your pool statistics a bit off. Between time you paused the video, your ~500 MH/s miner got 51 shares, and your jalapeno got 717 shares. This implies the jalapeno operates at 14x the speed of your ~500 MH/s miner, or about 6.67 GH
  • The AC adapter has 0 W idle usage? The kill-a-watt has 1 decimal place accuracy, so the AC adapter is using less than 0.05W idle.
  • all the sucking up to BFL at the end. You either got a Little Single SC that hashes 6x less than advertised, or a Jalapeno that is 5x bigger than expected, and uses 5x the power

C'mon grue. That means nothing. If you don't know what the submission difficulty is for each device you can't compare them. And even if they're the same, you still can't do a simple comparison like that. Even at D1 the variance in the number of shares submitted by the 50Mhps device will be high. If the expected number of shares was actually 51, then the 95% confidence interval would be 38 to 65 in the same time frame. 32% higher is no big deal.
It's right in the video that the submission difficulty for the ASIC is 1. Also, the hashrates between the two updates (of the ~500 MH/s miner) were fairly close to each other, so the variance is not a relevant issue.

It doesn't matter how close the updates are. Can't escape variance, even at D1. Much as I'd like to.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
    >OH IT'S JUST 5GH IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER
  • I find your pool statistics a bit off. Between time you paused the video, your ~500 MH/s miner got 51 shares, and your jalapeno got 717 shares. This implies the jalapeno operates at 14x the speed of your ~500 MH/s miner, or about 6.67 GH
  • The AC adapter has 0 W idle usage? The kill-a-watt has 1 decimal place accuracy, so the AC adapter is using less than 0.05W idle.
  • all the sucking up to BFL at the end. You either got a Little Single SC that hashes 6x less than advertised, or a Jalapeno that is 5x bigger than expected, and uses 5x the power

C'mon grue. That means nothing. If you don't know what the submission difficulty is for each device you can't compare them. And even if they're the same, you still can't do a simple comparison like that. Even at D1 the variance in the number of shares submitted by the 50Mhps device will be high. If the expected number of shares was actually 51, then the 95% confidence interval would be 38 to 65 in the same time frame. 32% higher is no big deal.
It's right in the video that the submission difficulty for the ASIC is 1. Also, the hashrates between the two updates (of the ~500 MH/s miner) were fairly close to each other, so the variance is not a relevant issue.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The way I see it, we are left with exactly two options here:

1. BFL is actually capable of putting out some real product, and slowly but surely they'll start shipping soon.

2. BFL has now taken the scam to a new level where they've written an app that appears to be a mining program, but in actuality it is just telling another set of miners back in Kansas to mine during that time to his pool, therefore giving the appearance of actually mining itself.

That would be pretty deep scamming indeed. I'm starting to waver in my belief now... But it sure would be a good test if we could isolate that box from BFL somehow while testing it.

Or they send out their dev boards they've been working on since last year and while everyone is busy testing and sheering that BFL will finally ship, they quietly close the shop and go underground.
Activity: 98
It's the muffins that must be stopped.

I almost choked when I saw that  Lips sealed  
Pages:
Jump to: