Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 144. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
Red flags here..

Does charity really need to have blockchain tech?

I fully support charity but it is sad to see that only 10% will be donated. Why don't the devs just ask for donations and donate it to orphans?? Because this is a money making scheme for the dev and he is using "charity" as a front. So unethical.
The 10% will be donated every month and you will see where it goes (so it will not be unethical).
To answer the question, if I asked for the money it would be a pump and dump.
This is a long term commitment.
Please read the OP to understand more clearly before commenting.

the key point is that biblepay still not add in an exchange , how long people will continue to mine it?

cpu algo just for botnet?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Red flags here..

I fully support charity but it is sad to see that only 10% will be donated. Why don't the devs just ask for donations and donate it to orphans?? Because this is a money making scheme for the dev and he is using "charity" as a front. So unethical.
The 10% will be donated every month and you will see where it goes (so it will not be unethical).
To answer the question, if I asked for the money it would be a pump and dump.
This is a long term commitment.
Please read the OP to understand more clearly before commenting.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
You are totally right that the 10% going to a wallet is a concern and everyone should be aware that at any point the dev could run off with the funds. However so far the dev hasn't given us any reason to believe this will be the case and hopefully sometime in the future the plans for setting up a formal auditable charity will be hammered out. Beyond that everyone should expect the 10% to be sold on a regular and ongoing basis to fund that charity.

It'd be kind of a hard scam to pull off in any meaningful way. For that 10% to have any value, BBP would have to have value. Since the platform is based on charity, BBP won't have much value until a transparent charity mechanism is established (you're probably talking 1 sat or less if it got listed on an exchange right now). So basically, the dev(s?) would have to carry through on most of their promises just so they could establish value for the coin, including verifiably using the donation funds for charity, just so at some point in the future they could run off with the balance generated between then and the previous month's charitable donation. I mean, hypothetically it could be worth it if the value rose high enough, but it seems like it'd be a lot easier and less risky to do a scam ICO and just make off with the BTC/ETH.

Even in the worst case scenario and the devs ran off with 10% of 1 month's currency generation after building up value, that wouldn't be catastrophic. All the code for BBP is on GitHub, the community could easily fork the project, change the donation address, and figure out a community-driven way to manage it.
Activity: 200
Merit: 101
Red flags here..

You are totally right that the 10% going to a wallet is a concern and everyone should be aware that at any point the dev could run off with the funds. However so far the dev hasn't given us any reason to believe this will be the case and hopefully sometime in the future the plans for setting up a formal auditable charity will be hammered out. Beyond that everyone should expect the 10% to be sold on a regular and ongoing basis to fund that charity.
can anyone lend a hand to a obvious WIN user. trying to compile on Mint so I can make use of this dual opteron 6272 server...

why cant i locate this? is Libtool not part of the ubuntu repository? thanks for any info-

Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345, line 5.
autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory
autoreconf: libtoolize is needed because this package uses Libtool

I can't speak specifically for this release but it should just be as easy as doing sudo apt-get install libtool. It shows here on the package search https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libtool. You may have to enable an additional repo to get this package.
Activity: 126
can anyone lend a hand to a obvious WIN user. trying to compile on Mint so I can make use of this dual opteron 6272 server...

why cant i locate this? is Libtool not part of the ubuntu repository? thanks for any info-

Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345, line 5.
autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory
autoreconf: libtoolize is needed because this package uses Libtool
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Red flags here..

If someone creates a pool does this mean that we will also have a distinct cpu miner, i would prefer to use a miner instead of the wallet, im used to this technique, i find it weird to mine with the mallet like we do right now.

Just not used to this Smiley

The dev has said that he wants to keep the pool miner with the wallet. A third party could potentially make a standalone miner, but you'd probably still have to run a Biblepay node due to the way BibleHash works so it wouldn't really accomplish much.

If you don't want to run the graphical wallet to mine, you can do it from the command line. If you're on Windows, just run 'biblepayd.exe -gen=1 -genproclimit=<#threads>'  (replace <#threads> with whatever number of threads you want to run). The exe is located in your Biblepay installation folder in the daemon directory.

Alternatively, you can just run biblepayd.exe and then use biblepay-cli.exe to control it using the same commands as in the GUI debug menu (i.e. 'biblepay-cli.exe setgenerate true 4' to enable mining on 4 threads or 'biblepay-cli.exe getmininginfo' to check the current block and hashrate). If you do it that way, you can run biblepayd.exe with the -daemon option to make it run in the background without having to keep a console window open for it.
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
If someone creates a pool does this mean that we will also have a distinct cpu miner, i would prefer to use a miner instead of the wallet, im used to this technique, i find it weird to mine with the mallet like we do right now.

Just not used to this Smiley
How can this even be possible http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BRT8rxNLF8zuxhWXycGhuWBSDb3bPS2sEt

This guy even with such diff makes several blocks a day

There's a lot of people running a dozen or more nodes. The people on the top of the list have consolidated the rewards from all those nodes onto a single address, but I'd imagine there are miners holding even more BBP who have it spread across many addresses and don't appear in the richlist. Still, the distribution seems pretty good, there are a lot of coins where the top 10 or so wallets hold 99+% of all the currency.

The total network hashrate is still low enough that I think everyone will be able to earn BBP at a respectable rate once the pool is ready regardless of hardware.
Activity: 69
How can this even be possible http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BRT8rxNLF8zuxhWXycGhuWBSDb3bPS2sEt

i have a friend running it on allot pcs maybe this case is the same

i have 6 blocks  on my single pc but for like 5 days
Activity: 906
Merit: 500

As far as the block explorer goes, the Iquidus Explorer framework the explorer runs on creates a temporary file which is used as a lock for thread safety while writing to the database. For some reason, the script didn't exit properly after reading block 1252 so it didn't delete the lock file and effectively locked itself out of calling the update script to automatically read new transactions after that point. It didn't seem to be related to any forks, since the log shows that the transaction hashes leading up to that point were all in agreement with the current blockchain.

Working on a fix.
I would be willing to help with pool testing. Will it need a large hash rate to test or if I just spin up a low powered vm would that be enough?
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Getblockhash 1290

0000013ff558d023d24745bfe2864b19afe7c9f33d3675cf13ec77838eafd15f

I have the same hash, 125 connections - on block 1302, getblockhash 1302:
0000066544535ea8e738114b60e4cce9baac72344af72de77d0df458fbab199e

The BX appears to be stuck on 1291, but his hash is correct.

I've been working on the pool.  Its approximately 50% done - but will need some volunteers to test in testnet, hopefully by Saturday.

Have not heard back from CCEX yet, will check in with them asap.

Good to know a pool is on the way 😀 I am ready to help and test it if you need some help (maybe not before monday), let me know.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I can help testing the pool.
please PM if you need me.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Getblockhash 1290

I have the same hash, 125 connections - on block 1302, getblockhash 1302:
0000066544535ea8e738114b60e4cce9baac72344af72de77d0df458fbab199e

The BX appears to be stuck on 1291, but his hash is correct.

I've been working on the pool.  Its approximately 50% done - but will need some volunteers to test in testnet, hopefully by Saturday.

Have not heard back from CCEX yet, will check in with them asap.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Getblockhash 1290

Activity: 69
is possible block explorer to be behind ? all peers are at same block as me 1290  block explorer shows 1252
Activity: 116
Just curious, but are your computer clocks correct to the minute?
Jump to: