Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 148. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The network hashrate is getting pretty close to 2MH/s, nice to see that interest in the project is consistently growing every day.

Any idea of where you will pitch the threshold number of coins for sanctuaries?
Also interested in this. Should be roughly 600,000,000 BBP in existence by then, so the number will probably have a lot of zeros.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Found a block with a dual core
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Any idea of where you will pitch the threshold number of coins for sanctuaries?
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
This is a very promising project =) Also enjoy the algo.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Really interesting application and good to see other religion/humanitarian related coins out there , godspeed Cool
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
In the biblepay wallet interface "Amount and Rounds" can you explain what this means?
Thanks
Thats for the future private send and instant send feature, but wont work til after Christmas, so you can ignore for now as we have some other panels missing, but I will post more once we are close to testing that in testnet.
wallet not sync,write please some nodes.

node.biblepay.org
port: 40000

is a good node.

As far as mining, it looks like the new version is mining after 18 hours, so I would ensure you are running 1017.

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
wallet not sync,write please some nodes.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
BiblePay 1.0.1.7 - Non-Mandatory Release

- Mining: Update hashmeter every 15 seconds to improve hash throughput; made the miner more resilient; changed caption of networkhashps in getmininginfo
- Blockchain: Added feature that keeps track of WalletFullVersion to allow us to see the % of the network on old wallet versions
- RPC: Added run versionreport (this shows the walletversions by percent on the network but will not work until everyone upgrades), added fullversion to getinfo
- Mining Crash: Added race condition prevention and also we handle one unhandled condition that *may* have caused the mining thread to die (let us test this first so as to isolate the problem)
- Logging: Removed a couple lines of SPAM from the logs

** Please let us know if the mining thread crash is fixed **

It seems like it still get stuck after a period of time here.

Please clarify what you mean by stuck- you mean a block elapsed time lasted over an hour, or your miner got stuck?

If the latter please post the log portion and also ensure your version actually shows 1017?

On a side note, my miners are still running, we might have solved this issue.

I mean, that nothing changed here testing with 2 pc, after a period of time, maybe an hour, when I check with getmininginfo, the hashrate is not fluctuating, always the same number. So I assume that it isn't mining like previous version.
Hello.
I want to mine this coin but it would be my first attempt at mining an alt coin.
Am unsure if I can use cpuminer or something similar to connect to the network?
Please advise.
Thanks
Hi JC,

Right now, the PoBh Miner is integrated into the wallet.  If you download Biblepay-qt, run the wallet, go into the RPC console, type setgenerate true 10, and then after about 30 seconds, keep checking the getmininginfo, and ensure your hashps > 0, that means its working.

The forum can help you along the way also to set it up permanently.

Good luck.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm learning a lot right now and my brain CPU is at 93%.  Is there a set of instructions for overloaded windows users to make this work?  My wife is an elder at our Presbyterian church and this is very interesting.

- Mining: Update hashmeter every 15 seconds to improve hash throughput; made the miner more resilient; changed caption of networkhashps in getmininginfo
- Blockchain: Added feature that keeps track of WalletFullVersion to allow us to see the % of the network on old wallet versions
- RPC: Added run versionreport (this shows the walletversions by percent on the network but will not work until everyone upgrades), added fullversion to getinfo
- Mining Crash: Added race condition prevention and also we handle one unhandled condition that *may* have caused the mining thread to die (let us test this first so as to isolate the problem)

Please clarify what you mean by stuck- you mean a block elapsed time lasted over an hour, or your miner got stuck?

If the latter please post the log portion and also ensure your version actually shows 1017?

On a side note, my miners are still running, we might have solved this issue.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250

It is really good to see dev very actively involved in the project, especially fixing bug and added new features to the wallet. I'm waiting for the masternode feature Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Activity: 6
Hey,
I wanted to install the wallet according to the instructions (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt), but it only works until I want to execute the autogen.sh file. Then an error says "./autogen.sh: 9: ./autogen.sh: autoreconf: not found" . I have linux mint 17.2.
Can someone help me please? What can be the mistake here?

Make sure you have installed the dependencies automake. Make sure you have the libtools, autoconf etc.

Thank you, yes I had to install a lot of packages.. now I am trying to go on Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Hey,
I wanted to install the wallet according to the instructions (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt), but it only works until I want to execute the autogen.sh file. Then an error says "./autogen.sh: 9: ./autogen.sh: autoreconf: not found" . I have linux mint 17.2.

Make sure you have installed the dependencies automake. Make sure you have the libtools, autoconf etc.
Activity: 6
Hey,

Okay, I see what you mean. BibleHash uses the previous block's timestamp in generating the hash, and that information's not provided in a typical stratum job. That definitely raises the bar a little for creating a standalone miner, but not really something that would hamper any serious efforts. Your original historical transaction idea would probably be effective, if the transaction was somehow deterministically chosen using the block header hash similar to how you choose bible verses, since that would be something the pool couldn't determine prior to issuing jobs and each miner would have to retrieve itself for every BibleHash attempt thus requiring them to have access to the full blockchain.

I like the idea of integrating a pool miner with the wallet. It'd make BBP more accessible for users who aren't crypto enthusiasts.

Thanks, it sounds like it would be a great idea to add that historical Tx reference in the hash function in the near future to keep the bar high (around the time we create an alpha pool).  I think we may be able to make an attempt at the qt mining software first, and in testnet during the test phase we can also test out the tx referencing feature, because obviously it would be a mandatory at that point. 
Hello Bible_Pay,

Is "BiblePay 1.0.1.6b - Mandatory Release" the current release available from the website?  Currently only seeing Biblepay Core version 1.0.1.6 (64-bit).

Will a delay in updating local clients cause a fork issue again?  Mining false blocks?

Thank you.

Hi!
  Yes, thats the latest.  (The one on the website is actually the b version).

We would only risk a fork if we have a future mandatory and the supermajority does not upgrade.

A new version is coming in about 4 hours, but it is a non-mandatory:  to address the current mining thread issue.
Jump to: