Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 160. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
So I'll go over some of the unique features of this coin after we hit block 105.  We need to have a balance to test the in-wallet prayers, etc.

In wallet community prayers:
After block 101, from the send coins GUI, you can either enter a destination address (or you can click on Donate to Foundation), and click the Prayer checkbox, and enter a real prayer in the message field, and it will be displayed for 7 days on the wallet overview of all nodes (this is designed to allow the community to pray for others) - the prayers have a shelf life and rotate until they expire.

Pleasew, can you teach me how to mine the coin? some of us are new to this kind of wallet, and its a bit technical, the wallet has synced now, but what else should I do, in the folder there are 2 diferents .conf files, biblepay.conf and masternode.conf , wich one do I modified and put that gen=1, and how to conenct to that node node.biblepay.org, thanks for your answer.
U can put in the "gen=1" in the biblepay.conf, and restart the wallet.
From the Help |Debug|Console, type 'getgenerate' to ensure it says True, that means it is Mining.
The masternode.conf is reserved for Sanctuaries later, not used yet.  We should change it to sanctuary.conf I suppose.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Pleasew, can you teach me how to mine the coin? some of us are new to this kind of wallet, and its a bit technical, the wallet has synced now, but what else should I do, in the folder there are 2 diferents .conf files, biblepay.conf and masternode.conf , wich one do I modified and put that gen=1, and how to conenct to that node node.biblepay.org, thanks for your answer.
https://c-cex.com
BBP

when  we can do the deal  on the market?

About 7 more days.  Yuri from CCEX acknowledged us, and promised to list us for free (that saved us $9000) since we are a charitable org.

YOU ARE?

By law, you are REQUIRED to disclose your charity license.  Please post it here.
I corrected the post to be more accurate, and to clarify, he is doing listing us for free because we are a charitable DAO, and trusts me from his prior dealings on other projects.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Debug file reads as follows:

BiblepayMiner -- terminated
2017-07-24 02:30:21 keypool return 2

Conf file is set up as stated, and I tried running "setgenerate true 2" just to see if I could notice anything bump in task manager.

Ideas?
BBP

when  we can do the deal  on the market?

About 7 more days.  Yuri from CCEX acknowledged us, and promised to list us for free (that saved us $9000) since we are a charitable cryptocurrency DAO.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hello Bitcointalk
BBP

when  we can do the deal  on the market?
Problems I have encountered:

No Blocks being found - been running mining for 45 minutes
Opening the wallet on a new PC often causes syncronisation issues where the wallet wont sync (I tried on 2 different PCs).

Guys- it mines fine on windows and linux (Im running one wallet on each node) and have mined a few blocks out of our 30.
Remember with 7 minute blocks, it could take a few hours to generate a block with 19 miners running right now (at least 19 are connected to the external node).  So please have patience.

As far as pegging the processor, tomorrow, I will look into modifying the code to max out all cores - I see in the bitcoinminer they do allow you to start one thread per core, so we will try that together tomorrow afternoon.

Roger that,ty!

In regards to issues with wallet not syncing - what is the resolution for that? I tried running the wallet on another PC and it won't sync.

Hi Viking,

So looking at this a little closer, I see the difficulty rose quickly over the last 4 blocks from 34-37 and we are due for a retarget.
I dont think the blockchain is out of sync, I think the diff is rather high since 5 people dropped off.

Let us not fear, this coin has a feature where if the chain gets stuck for more than one hour, the diff will decrease by 75%.  So in about 3 minutes we should be able to solve this block and roll again.

Whew, was starting to sweat there.

It looks like we rolled past block 37, so the rule worked.

So when that happens, it spams the debug.log, and slows down the mining (exacerbating the actual issue).

Ill remove the spam tomorrow also while working on the miner.

CIRCULATION RATE: DECREASE BY 10% PER YEAR?? wooww.. amazing, this project will promising a successfully project.. good job.. any air drop or bounty will be held?

Thanks, the airdrop Is a good idea, and also a faucet would be nice.  I am up for contributing a few hundred $ for part of the airdrop, but I have to look into how that is done technologically.

Opening the wallet on a new PC often causes syncronisation issues where the wallet wont sync (I tried on 2 different PCs).

Guys- it mines fine on windows and linux (Im running one wallet on each node) and have mined a few blocks out of our 30.
Remember with 7 minute blocks, it could take a few hours to generate a block with 19 miners running right now (at least 19 are connected to the external node).  So please have patience.

As far as pegging the processor, tomorrow, I will look into modifying the code to max out all cores - I see in the bitcoinminer they do allow you to start one thread per core, so we will try that together tomorrow afternoon.

Roger that,ty!

In regards to issues with wallet not syncing - what is the resolution for that? I tried running the wallet on another PC and it won't sync.

Hi Viking,

So looking at this a little closer, I see the difficulty rose quickly over the last 4 blocks from 34-37 and we are due for a retarget.
I dont think the blockchain is out of sync, I think the diff is rather high since 5 people dropped off.

Let us not fear, this coin has a feature where if the chain gets stuck for more than one hour, the diff will decrease by 75%.  So in about 3 minutes we should be able to solve this block and roll again.

Activity: 546
Merit: 261
Moonbet.io
CIRCULATION RATE: DECREASE BY 10% PER YEAR?? wooww.. amazing, this project will promising a successfully project.. good job.. any air drop or bounty will be held?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Roger that,ty!

Activity: 76
Seems like a promising project with a great unique goal. I am unfortunately also stuck at block 37...
Activity: 96
I downloaded the wallet but i dont know how to use daemon.
I'm trying it, it is always fun when it is something new. But my problem here is it is stuck @ block 37, am I the only one?

EDIT TO ADD: I have 7 actives connections

no, I have the same issue.
Seems interesting  Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I'm trying it, it is always fun when it is something new. But my problem here is it is stuck @ block 37, am I the only one?

EDIT TO ADD: I have 7 actives connections

Its now an hour and i still receive nothing. I have i7 processor, how can i get a block faster? It should be fast right because were few mining.

Same problem for me. I also have i7 and debug console tells me everything should be fine.
Jump to: