Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 163. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
How I can mine this coin?
Do I just need to leave the wallet running or something else?
You can either leave the wallet running with gen=1 set in the config, or you can run the BiblePay headless daemon (biblepayd.exe).
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
How I can mine this coin?
Do I just need to leave the wallet running or something else?
Where's can we find information regarding the team that is driving this?

The lead dev is not sure if he wants to unmask yet.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Where's can we find information regarding the team that is driving this?
Code:
Proof of Work has been replaced with Proof Of Biblehash (POB) - an algorithm that compensates full nodes participation,
  while preventing GPUs and ASIC by requiring full blockchain transaction referencing in the hashing function,
along with chained bible verses.  This means biblepay subsidizes full nodes that stay online.

I'm new to this algorithm,1st time heard, so this mean we have to set up a full node to get Biblepay ?

How much the block rewards ? is there any specific amount ?

The block reward is 20,000 BBP as long as the duration between blocks stays around 7 mins (if solved too fast, the reward is lower).
Yes, you have to run a full node in order to run the algo.  You can run the full node on linux or windows (wallet is at biblepay.org in downloads).

(Mac still requires self-compiling at this stage).
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gon Totto
Code:
Proof of Work has been replaced with Proof Of Biblehash (POB) - an algorithm that compensates full nodes participation,
  while preventing GPUs and ASIC by requiring full blockchain transaction referencing in the hashing function,
along with chained bible verses.  This means biblepay subsidizes full nodes that stay online.

I'm new to this algorithm,1st time heard, so this mean we have to set up a full node to get Biblepay ?

How much the block rewards ? is there any specific amount ?

Sorry, but I do not understand how the blocks mined? CPU load at zero, but 1 block is already mined

That is just because difficulty is very low (< .0005) with only 5 of us or so online.  The POB algo will get harder as the bar is raised.

Usefulness of Coin:
The coin helps sponsor orphans, but attracts investors since we are deflationary.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
what this coin it will be used for?
Hmm, still waiting on a wallet connection. Hope I get one.

On the wallet connection:
telnet node.biblepay.org 40000
(We are on port 40000, looks like it is working, please try manually adding the node with addnode node.biblepay.org?) (Shouldnt have to).

Next:

What is diference PROOF OF BIBLEHASH with pow or pos:
POB is a flavor of POW, but since the algorithm contains all 31000 bible verses, it would be a feat to port it to an asic (since the results are md5 chained and encrypted), so it keeps the full nodes hashing on PCs, and keeps the energy consumption down.

Next:

May I use this coin if I'am atheist?  Grin

LOL, Yes of course.  As a community I hope we can help convince you that God exists (I am not starting a war, so please take that in a positive way).

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Sorry, but I do not understand how the blocks mined? CPU load at zero, but 1 block is already mined
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
3DES - Slicing as fast as possible
May I use this coin if I'am atheist?  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
distribution coin use mining or how
only mining without stake coin (POs)
and not open ico selling and open bounty

what is diference PROOF OF BIBLEHASH with pow or pos
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Hmm, still waiting on a wallet connection. Hope I get one.
algo?wallet binary?POW?

Algo: BibleHash Algorithm (PC Only, no ASICs or GPUs)

Wallet Binary:  www.biblepay.org

Source: See OP Page 1 Post

Pow/Pos:  POW only, through BibleHashAlgo (No POS later)

Novel distinct features of BiblePay:

Proof of Bible Hash algorithm, getblockinfo shows the chained bible verses required to solve the block

lol nice altcoin with innovation. rarely seen these day!

Bless you dev. Can I get some BBP sent to me? Please PM me.

🙏

Thanks a lot for the compliments.  I don't have any BBP yet as I only ran my two dev nodes up to block 7 in order to add a checkpoint to the source.  The mined coins require 101 confirms also, but I will be happy to send you some tomorrow.

Please give me a few minutes to reply to the other questions, I am preparing for the go-live and releasing the windows binary here:

www.biblepay.org

As far as false positives, the download will show a warning even from the HTTPS:// download for a while, since the binary is new.  I understand that after we become more popular, the warning will go away.  Feel free to virus scan us in the mean time at virustotal.com for instance.

Could you please post those two nodes in the OP so I can manually add them? I'm not getting any connections from inside this sandbox where I have the wallet.

Sorry, running a little late on the go-live.  So, we have a seed node compiled in:

node.biblepay.org

That node is an external node and is now running.  Now you should see connections.  We are on block #12.

Note, you do not have to add the node manually, it is compiled in as an auto-add when the program starts.

Note, that you do have to set "gen=1" in your config file to start generating coins.

Alternatively to get running right away, you can type 'setgenerate true' in the rpc.

Is this coin related to any religion, if yes - can you explain why?

Its primary humanitarian function is to sponsor orphans as a DAO, over the long term (orphans as in parentless children in 3rd world countries).

It also includes the BibleHash algorithm, and the KJV bible is compiled in the coin.  The KJV bible is Christian.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast

Proof of Bible Hash algorithm, getblockinfo shows the chained bible verses required to solve the block

🙏

Thanks a lot for the compliments.  I don't have any BBP yet as I only ran my two dev nodes up to block 7 in order to add a checkpoint to the source.  The mined coins require 101 confirms also, but I will be happy to send you some tomorrow.

Please give me a few minutes to reply to the other questions, I am preparing for the go-live and releasing the windows binary here:

www.biblepay.org

As far as false positives, the download will show a warning even from the HTTPS:// download for a while, since the binary is new.  I understand that after we become more popular, the warning will go away.  Feel free to virus scan us in the mean time at virustotal.com for instance.

Could you please post those two nodes in the OP so I can manually add them? I'm not getting any connections from inside this sandbox where I have the wallet.

🙏

Thanks a lot for the compliments.  Since we have no premine, I have no biblepay yet.

The windows binary is here:

www.biblepay.org

Activity: 146

🙏
You just wrote those kind words to get reward ? Sad to tell you that you licked for vain ... NO PREMINE

No I don't want a reward Cheesy
I just thought it's interesting to see what the dev did here its cool
Activity: 252

🙏
You just wrote those kind words to get reward ? Sad to tell you that you licked for vain ... NO PREMINE
Jump to: