Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 41. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

I also wonder, can you find a Gen II or Gen III wallet designer?

(Not a logo designer, a Gen II pro-themer).

Take a look at this thread:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/14745-fundraiser-for-gen2-wallet-theme/

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo.  

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

Why dont you start a contest on freelancer.com ? For the top 10 entriesö you can invite everyone to vote for the best logo etc.

For 100-150$ you can have 400+ entrants for a logo. (inviting top talents to the contest helps alot)
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
I would say its PR balbling... personal problem ofc... when people show you problem suddenly you saying its a open soure LOL
And your wallet is wasting cpu power cuz svirus posted on official forum that wallet give same shares for all threads (really?!?!)
And even inblue show same thing on his multi worker experiment...
And what you do just pushing to masternodes:)

To be clear many from top of leaderboard are running on linux and they now they probably run multi deamon.
Write on first site its a linux cpu mining coin or 4 core win and all will be happy:)

Well, the spirit of open source is if you don't accept his answer, you are free to look at the code.  So he has said repeatedly that there is not a significant problem, so either accept it, or don't.  If you don't you are free to examine the code or move on.

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.

If you don't trust the Dev, then find and fix the problem for us all.  But this Dev has been very active and this coin is benefiting because of it.

Incorrect.  I have yet to see the pool software show up on github.  So the coin creator runs the only pool for the coin, which is closed and proprietary. And when people politely point out problems and issues, instead of acknowledging them, the response is that this is all by design and is open-source, etc.  If this coin is designed for people with low computing power to be able to mine that is great.  But on the same token (no pun intended), maybe the coin creator should not be running a pool that makes up the majority of the hashrate.  To solomine this coin right now would be a waste of time. I realize this is a new coin, beta pool, etc but there is a certain amount of customer service and public relations that go along with launching any successful venture.  Alienating and dismissing early supporters who really just want to help and iron out the bugs is not the way to make this a long term project.  The bottom line is this coin is using the a modified version of the old and defunct built-in dash/bitcoin miner along with code that allows it to work on exactly one pool.

No, the pool is not closed and proprietary, its open source along with the github wallet.

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything?  

This is a project for the orphans.  

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I never accused you of lying.  If the pool is not closed, where can we find the source code?  I would gladly run a pool.   Bringing problems and issues to your attention is not the same thing as bad mouthing or bad attitude.  Helping the orphans is dependent on a successful coin that has real world value.

On the badmouthing I agree, I know you are not, Im referring to some people who make posts here with foul language, and I really think that goes against our spirit.

Thats cool, we can work these issues out.  Lets start over on all this.

Let me find the pool creation document and see if it is uploaded yet and see if I can answer your questions.  Did you create four topics with questions about the pool on forum.biblepay.org about the pool and delete all of them?

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
I would say its PR balbling... personal problem ofc... when people show you problem suddenly you saying its a open soure LOL
And your wallet is wasting cpu power cuz svirus posted on official forum that wallet give same shares for all threads (really?!?!)

To be clear many from top of leaderboard are running on linux and they now they probably run multi deamon.
Write on first site its a linux cpu mining coin or 4 core win and all will be happy:)

Well, the spirit of open source is if you don't accept his answer, you are free to look at the code.  So he has said repeatedly that there is not a significant problem, so either accept it, or don't.  If you don't you are free to examine the code or move on.

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.

If you don't trust the Dev, then find and fix the problem for us all.  But this Dev has been very active and this coin is benefiting because of it.

Incorrect.  I have yet to see the pool software show up on github.  So the coin creator runs the only pool for the coin, which is closed and proprietary. And when people politely point out problems and issues, instead of acknowledging them, the response is that this is all by design and is open-source, etc.  If this coin is designed for people with low computing power to be able to mine that is great.  But on the same token (no pun intended), maybe the coin creator should not be running a pool that makes up the majority of the hashrate.  To solomine this coin right now would be a waste of time. I realize this is a new coin, beta pool, etc but there is a certain amount of customer service and public relations that go along with launching any successful venture.  Alienating and dismissing early supporters who really just want to help and iron out the bugs is not the way to make this a long term project.  The bottom line is this coin is using the a modified version of the old and defunct built-in dash/bitcoin miner along with code that allows it to work on exactly one pool.

No, the pool is not closed and proprietary, its open source along with the github wallet.

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything? 

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I never accused you of lying.  If the pool is not closed, where can we find the source code?  I would gladly run a pool.   Bringing problems and issues to your attention is not the same thing as bad mouthing or bad attitude.  Helping the orphans is dependent on a successful coin that has real world value.
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
Where the source and instruction for building the pool? I am interested in building one.
I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

I also wonder, can you find a Gen II or Gen III wallet designer?

(Not a logo designer, a Gen II pro-themer).

Take a look at this thread:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/14745-fundraiser-for-gen2-wallet-theme/

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo. 

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

If you think I am "lying" on this forum about Anything then this wallet is not for you.    Have I lied about anything here?  What kind of dev would I be?

Running a pool that forces the majority of the hashrate?  Only one person has come forward to run a pool, and he is currently following the instructions. West do you want to send him the same instructions?  Am I hiding anything? 

Alienating?  Ive been working with everyone who doesnt have a bad mouth and a bad attitude.  Id rather work with Christians.  I replied with my view, and no one has posted anything yet that is a higher priority than sanctuary code and our orphans.  The bible hash is doing its job and Im very happy of that.

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

Yeah, I did agree that we should have a logo contest also at least 30 pages back.  I am willing to stake the first $500 for it, and let the community vote on the logo files.

Keep in mind, I want an entire logo pack : the scalables, the pngs, the jpegs, the svgs, all of it, so this is a $750 job.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1068
I have read almost every post here and on the forum.  I agree there is a modest issue out there, but it is one that affects a very few miners.  So why concentrate on that issue if no one can say what is causing it?  The Dev has his plate overly full, I don't believe the issue is one out of line with the goal of the coin (CPU only) so on the high end of things, the coin may not behave as expected since it is actively resisting GPU and ASIC mining and really, at the point you're running 10 CPU with 32 threads, you're starting to get in the GPU ballpark.  So again, I fail to see that as a deal breaking issue.  Since I lack the programming skills to assess a solution, I would advise if someone more capable also feels it is an issue and one they can solve, then open up the code and solve it.
Do you know how to run few miners on windows? Cuz inblue told how to run on linux but tried on win and no luck.

I've not tried but here is a link to how to do it in Dash https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/guide-to-run-multiple-wallets-on-pc.4995/.

I would suspect you can do it in much the same way with Biblepay.  Most coins are easier to do stuff on Linux if you know how due to their Linux underpinnings, but usually you can get similar results with Windows.

I doubt you'll see much difference unless you're running a Ryzen or eight core chip, and even then, I'm not so sure.  But I'll test it as well and we can compare notes.

i guess multiple miners, multiple wallets can be running under different users on windows.
create some users on your local computer, then run as with different user wallet program
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
I have read almost every post here and on the forum.  I agree there is a modest issue out there, but it is one that affects a very few miners.  So why concentrate on that issue if no one can say what is causing it?  The Dev has his plate overly full, I don't believe the issue is one out of line with the goal of the coin (CPU only) so on the high end of things, the coin may not behave as expected since it is actively resisting GPU and ASIC mining and really, at the point you're running 10 CPU with 32 threads, you're starting to get in the GPU ballpark.  So again, I fail to see that as a deal breaking issue.  Since I lack the programming skills to assess a solution, I would advise if someone more capable also feels it is an issue and one they can solve, then open up the code and solve it.
Do you know how to run few miners on windows? Cuz inblue told how to run on linux but tried on win and no luck.

I've not tried but here is a link to how to do it in Dash https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/guide-to-run-multiple-wallets-on-pc.4995/.

I would suspect you can do it in much the same way with Biblepay.  Most coins are easier to do stuff on Linux if you know how due to their Linux underpinnings, but usually you can get similar results with Windows.

I doubt you'll see much difference unless you're running a Ryzen or eight core chip, and even then, I'm not so sure.  But I'll test it as well and we can compare notes.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I have read almost every post here and on the forum.  I agree there is a modest issue out there, but it is one that affects a very few miners.  So why concentrate on that issue if no one can say what is causing it?  The Dev has his plate overly full, I don't believe the issue is one out of line with the goal of the coin (CPU only) so on the high end of things, the coin may not behave as expected since it is actively resisting GPU and ASIC mining and really, at the point you're running 10 CPU with 32 threads, you're starting to get in the GPU ballpark.  So again, I fail to see that as a deal breaking issue.  Since I lack the programming skills to assess a solution, I would advise if someone more capable also feels it is an issue and one they can solve, then open up the code and solve it.
Activity: 770
anybody started biblepain and doesnt know how it works?  Huh Roll Eyes

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.
Watch what wrote svirus on biblepay forum about shares and i think inblue make workaround of it by running many miners.

Well, the spirit of open source is if you don't accept his answer, you are free to look at the code.  So he has said repeatedly that there is not a significant problem, so either accept it, or don't.  If you don't you are free to examine the code or move on.

InBlu's experiment showed that there was a significant difference between 10 CPU with one miner (29k HPS2) and 10 CPU with 10 miners (120k HPS2) and a moderate difference with 10 miners on 1 CPU machines (170k HPS2).   To me this says a portion of the overhead is in the wallet and maybe something with RAM.  This is in line though with the coin being ASIC and GPU resistant.

If you don't trust the Dev, then find and fix the problem for us all.  But this Dev has been very active and this coin is benefiting because of it.
Actually now I'm pretty convinced that the issue is either with the pool or the miner or both.  Bible_pay says that every miner is mining on the same difficulty, that right there leads me to believe that the pool can't keep up with the shares submitted.  Of course there is no output to see so you can't tell how many shares you are submitting that are valid or invalid.  Then there are these 2 posts:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=17.0
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=18.0

If multiple threads are hashing the same share that would explain why there is such a big difference between local and pool hashrate, and why multiple daemons work best.

Just to reiterate this again:
- All shares issued by the pool are the same difficulty
- HPS2 is supposed to be different than HPS
- HPS2 is based on how many shares you solved in the current round, while HPS is based on your CPU clock hashes per sec.
- The pool is not behind and is able to handle the load (I know because I wrote it, deployed it, and I monitor the performance counters)

You can see clearly that when viewing the leaderboard, the same machines are at the top- and we have a consistent list of users per hashpersec2 reported in the same places. (IE randomness is not a primary factor).

There are certain people here on this thread that are unhappy that lower end processors achieve a higher HPS than their proc.  That is a personal problem.
All the code is public domain, you are all free to download it from github and run variations of the miner on your bench if you think there is some inconsistency with your processor.

The KEY ISSUE that some people are not grasping with biblepay is this:

A high percentage of processor power in the biblehash algorithm is going to querying the node vector itself, not wasting CPU cycles on the hashing.  So if you want to look at this another way, you are being comepensated 60% for running a node, and the rest for the speed.  Im happy we ended up like this as it gives everyone a chance to jump in and receive some BBP.

My main concern is to ensure the algo does not get ported to an ASIC or a GPU.  Im busy over in our other forum deploying code to enable governance.
We need to ensure that we can service our 100+ orphans and create a full decentralized IT infrastructure to support the orphans far far into the future. 

Actually now I'm pretty convinced that the issue is either with the pool or the miner or both.  Bible_pay says that every miner is mining on the same difficulty, that right there leads me to believe that the pool can't keep up with the shares submitted.  Of course there is no output to see so you can't tell how many shares you are submitting that are valid or invalid.  Then there are these 2 posts:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=17.0
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=18.0

If multiple threads are hashing the same share that would explain why there is such a big difference between local and pool hashrate, and why multiple daemons work best.

Just to reiterate this again:
- All shares issued by the pool are the same difficulty
- HPS2 is supposed to be different than HPS
- HPS2 is based on how many shares you solved in the current round, while HPS is based on your CPU clock hashes per sec.
- The pool is not behind and is able to handle the load (I know because I wrote it, deployed it, and I monitor the performance counters)

You can see clearly that when viewing the leaderboard, the same machines are at the top- and we have a consistent list of users per hashpersec2 reported in the same places. (IE randomness is not a primary factor).

There are certain people here on this thread that are unhappy that lower end processors achieve a higher HPS than their proc.  That is a personal problem.
All the code is public domain, you are all free to download it from github and run variations of the miner on your bench if you think there is some inconsistency with your processor.

The KEY ISSUE that some people are not grasping with biblepay is this:

A high percentage of processor power in the biblehash algorithm is going to querying the node vector itself, not wasting CPU cycles on the hashing.  So if you want to look at this another way, you are being comepensated 60% for running a node, and the rest for the speed.  Im happy we ended up like this as it gives everyone a chance to jump in and receive some BBP.

My main concern is to ensure the algo does not get ported to an ASIC or a GPU.  Im busy over in our other forum deploying code to enable governance.
We need to ensure that we can service our 100+ orphans and create a full decentralized IT infrastructure to support the orphans far far into the future. 

Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Hi all,

I am brand new to biblepay and mining. I set up my laptop to mine on 3 of my 4 cores and managed to get 200 coins in 24 hours. I would like to try to run 3 miners on 3 cores (multiple instances) to see how that goes. I don't want to try this before double checking the steps are correct.
Are the steps below correct?

In a terminal type

Code:
$ cd ~
$ cp -r .biblepaycore/ .biblepaycore2/
$ cd /usr/local/bin
$ ./biblepayd -daemon
$ ./biblepayd -daemon -datadir=/home/myusername/.biblepaycore2

Then I add the below code to biblepay.conf in .biblepaycore2

Code:
rpcport=39001

Then run the following code (in the terminal, or in the biblepay wallet console?)

Code:
$ ./biblepayd -daemon -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 -listen=0

And so this should just start two wallet/miners, right?

Then in a terminal (or in biblepay wallet console?) type

Code:
./biblepay-cli -datadir=/home/inblue/.biblepaycore2 getmininginfo

Presumably I need to go into the config files and change the name of my miner for each one I set up.

Anything I have missed?
Activity: 250
I find setting up the wallet and mining is easy with windows.  Didn't have any luck following the Linux instructions.  Hope that can be simplified soon.  Hope to see this coin doing well in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: