Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 37. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Summary on our sanctuary testing so far:

We have about 8 people helping us in testnet testing the future sanctuaries.  Out of the 8, I think about 4 are very active.
Out of the 4 we only have a few sanctuaries actually running.

We could still use at least 2 more active testnet sanctuaries, as we are getting close to the point where we need to mock up a fake monthly Compassion invoice (for recurring orphan expenses) and actually vote on it in testnet (from the sanctuaries), see it enter into the budget, and then watch it pay in a superblock, and verify that it becomes a historical expense paid in Proposals | Historical Proposals. (We also need to test a more elaborate budget, one in which a couple users create a proposal, and we let the community shoot down the bad proposal - by voting it out, and approve another miscellanous proposal submitted by someone other than me, and watch 2+ proposals enter the same superblock- this tests the ability for our sanctuary code to combine budget items and ensure it can handle distinct public key receiving addresses, amounts, and ensure it can handle the situation where we would not want to exceed the maximum budget for that period).

So today, I think we are within hours of mocking up the actual orphan invoice and asking Sanctuaries to vote on it in testnet.  So it is critical we get one more working sanctuary over in testnet so that we can ensure when I ask for a vote, that we have a supermajority of Yes so the object moves to its next phase in accountability.biblepay.org and becomes part of the superblock.

Here is the link if you want to get active in testnet and create one:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=16.75

Thanks!

I still do not understand what promotes this project? Why are you encroaching on the holy things that people have?
Please click the following link:

http://accountability.biblepay.org/

and then click on Orphans | Sponsored orphan list.

Then click on one of the rows.

And then please tell us if you don't see that we are trying to be the light of the world.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I still do not understand what promotes this project? Why are you encroaching on the holy things that people have?
Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

I just made you a moderator on forum.biblepay.org, so now you should be able to create a topic for this logo contest and link it here, and ask for fundraiser funds.
I was thinking you could provide your BBP address and ask for BBP donations and occasionally let us know how much we raised in $ toward the goal.

Id start soon so we can start getting the kitty increasing for you as the logo draws to a close.

Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

To increase the chance of getting better results do not forget to invite top talents.

I was after a minimalist logo, so I searched logo designers with "minimal", "flat" keywords and then invited them to my project.

I am not sure minimal will suit the best so a few minimalist artist a few icon artist etc can be invited. This will increase the overall quality as well.

A few suggestions
1) All designs should have white background (transparent is ok). No mockup should be allowed. Which will surely mislead non-designers.
2) Always do a cross check if the logo is genuine. Google images and tiny eye will give you hints.

Thanks for the pointers, but I wanted to add :
The final logo package MUST have a transparent background on all PNGs.

And I might as well add: Some ideas should be dark themes and some on light so the community can vote on the favorite color scheme.

In the end, the one we pick with the transparent backgrounds, one use case for it is the pool logo which currently has a black theme (IE the transparent coin will still be used on the pool), and, if the wallet has a light Gen2 theme, the transparent logo will not break down for us, and our web site might have a totally different (hope not, it should be consistent) but it could have a totally different background on a particular page, and logo should not break down, hence part of the reason that all images are transparent.  The other is transparent PNGs are used in the wallet and size restrictions are important.

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

To increase the chance of getting better results do not forget to invite top talents.

https://preview.ibb.co/dMagVb/1.png

I was after a minimalist logo, so I searched logo designers with "minimal", "flat" keywords and then invited them to my project.

I am not sure minimal will suit the best so a few minimalist artist a few icon artist etc can be invited. This will increase the overall quality as well.

A few suggestions
1) All designs should have white background (transparent is ok). No mockup should be allowed. Which will surely mislead non-designers.
2) Always do a cross check if the logo is genuine. Google images and tiny eye will give you hints.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
exists any fund for LOGO? i can send few €
thanks
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Is this like a fundraiser coin? A coin connected to faith. This kind of project should show pictures of their devs. Or it should be considered as "cultcoins"

Its not a fundraiser coin nor strictly connected to any faith (beyond being based on the King James Bible). It uses a novel algo to be GPU and ASIC resistant.  It's not an ICO.  It is a new coin type.  The Dev is not looking for praise nor accolades (despite the fact he deserves both).  The coins sets aside 10% of the newly minted (mined) coins for the "Orphan Fund" which for the time being sponsors children at Compassion.com.  When masternodes go live (end of the year) the charitable function will be overseen by the community with the standard being 75% or better efficient charities.  There was no premine, no dev share.  At the first of the year when masternodes come into play 5% of the newly minted coins will be reserved for IT/marketing/development.  But again, the community will have to approve the use.

There are many types of users here, some are very religious in the Christian faith, some are very agnostic, some believe in helping out their fellow man, some see a potentially promising new coin for personal gain.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Is this like a fundraiser coin? A coin connected to faith. This kind of project should show pictures of their devs. Or it should be considered as "cultcoins"
so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.

The Testnet is 500K Test BBP.  The value talked about has been 1,000,000.  While that is a lofty number in some ways, it's very attainable in the marketplace compared to many other MN coins.  At the end of the day, I would say with 95% certainty, the final value will be between 750,000 and 1,500,000 for a masternode.  Part of it will get resolved during the test run, since the coin benefits from having some number of masternodes, but the valuation of the coin is boosted by scarcity, and a high coin masternode should increase scarcity and lead to a more stable valuation than something low.  Just my two cents, and for the record, I hope to be running a MN or two (am doing one in Testnet to help the coin and educate myself).

that's awesome. sucks I don't have linux in the computer I have a static IP, if I did I would test it too and see how it goes, I own a couple of other coins masternodes and I'm interesting how this one works. I agree that scarcity gives value, and with a big % of supply locked in, circulating supply will become valuable.

You can get an ubuntu on vultr.com for $5 a month, and then leave it on for mining until masternodes come online.
Tomorrow we are going to be Very busy in testnet.... testing sanctuaries.  I have a push for the web site in the morning for us to test proposals.
Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

Oh ok great, so we can all choose towards the end of the contest on one of the forums, sweet!  Most likely they will all make one image for the contest (or maybe a page with elements on it), and once we see all the top designs, maybe we can tailor the final one a little bit depending on what the forum likes - I assume (IE while the designer goes from the mock-up to submitting the entire winning logo pack).

Activity: 868
Merit: 279
so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.

The Testnet is 500K Test BBP.  The value talked about has been 1,000,000.  While that is a lofty number in some ways, it's very attainable in the marketplace compared to many other MN coins.  At the end of the day, I would say with 95% certainty, the final value will be between 750,000 and 1,500,000 for a masternode.  Part of it will get resolved during the test run, since the coin benefits from having some number of masternodes, but the valuation of the coin is boosted by scarcity, and a high coin masternode should increase scarcity and lead to a more stable valuation than something low.  Just my two cents, and for the record, I hope to be running a MN or two (am doing one in Testnet to help the coin and educate myself).

that's awesome. sucks I don't have linux in the computer I have a static IP, if I did I would test it too and see how it goes, I own a couple of other coins masternodes and I'm interesting how this one works. I agree that scarcity gives value, and with a big % of supply locked in, circulating supply will become valuable.
The specifications have been updated, the reward has been increased (not quite to what you suggested, but in line with what I saw other larger scale projects)

Great, will we be able to see the logos live and let the community help choose the winner along the way?

It would be nice for the community to offer some input on the favorite color scheme, background image in any quadrants (IE wires, crosses, Orphans, whatever- palm branches, etc), font type, etc as maybe the final image will get tweaked to what they like.

The specifications have been updated, the reward has been increased (not quite to what you suggested, but in line with what I saw other larger scale projects)

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html

In seven days we will hopefully have a few good entries.

This is really cool that you are taking the initiative to start a contest for an upgraded logo pack.

So on the logo pack, here are some of the technical details you can add to the requirements so we can do this right and have a logo that lasts a few years that the entire community gets a say in voting on  (although, $100 sounds like a bit low and would be better than the one we have now, but I think we need to offer a higher maximum prize to attact the stunning logo entries (this is usually a $900 prize- you can hold a fundraiser in BBP for the entire amount so dont worry if we have to raise it higher)): 
We need:

- A 220x220 small PNG round logo that looks like a coin that has a transparent background- with lettering around the edge
   b. A 32x32 .ico version of the above PNG used for icons
- a 3000 x 1000 horizontal banner PNG (transparent background) with "BIBLEPAY" text horizontally next to the coin on the left (use the multi-color coin with the TEXT in the coin)
 b.  A 3000x1000 horizontal banner PNG (transparent background) with "BIBLEPAY" text horizontally next to the coin on the left (use the monochrome coin without text)
- A 96x96 and 220x220 monochrome (one-color) version of the coin logo with NO TEXT (This is used in the wallet for minimized forms, and in places or web site areas that need our new logo with no text)
- One extra submission idea is to have "Divinum, Sanctitas, Justitia" around the edge of the coin
- A 700x520 PNG splash image with a transparent background containing a picture of a Wallet in the background with the coin overlaid on the wallet (this is the splash screen for bootup)- Btw, Im wide open for ideas Other than Wallet pictures for the background of this- this is a splash image for bootup.

This way, the designers can have a more complete idea of what we need to rebrand the entire wallet professionally.

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

I also wonder, can you find a Gen II or Gen III wallet designer?

(Not a logo designer, a Gen II pro-themer).

Take a look at this thread:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/14745-fundraiser-for-gen2-wallet-theme/

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo.  

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

Why dont you start a contest on freelancer.com ? For the top 10 entriesö you can invite everyone to vote for the best logo etc.

For 100-150$ you can have 400+ entrants for a logo. (inviting top talents to the contest helps alot)

I agree with this.  I've bought a few custom logos on there for under $100.  The quality is top notch and you get to support someone in a developing country at the same time.

Yes, this look like a good idea. And the contest in a worldwide known site can help promote the coin and gain more supporters. Lots of talent out there, underdogs artists that should have their chance.

Who wants to volunteer to start and run this campaign?  If I do it, its going to be after Christmas, so id rather personally have someone else take the initiative to baby this and manage it all the way through in a dedicated thread.  Ill give you admin access to forum.biblepay.org to manage the whole topic.  You would be responsible for putting up a downpayment with a credit card to start their campaign and starting a fundraiser for BBP for the total cost in the new forum thread.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html

In seven days we will hopefully have a few good entries.
Here is my Config:
poolport=80
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org
workerid=
gen=1
genproclimit=6

WorkerId, is not appear in Pool Home

command:  getmininginfo

says:
"poolmining": false

PS: I have a wallet running on PC with direct access to internet without any issues.

Hmm, I only have to suggestions to start on but maybe we can get deeper after you try these two:

1) Try setting up the miner on a pc with no proxy and ensure it appears in the leaderboard first - then you know your worker is working and the settings are good

2) Try changing the pool port to the proxy port.  You may have to call your network IT technician in to see if you can do this from the command line:
telnet pool.biblepay.org 80

Once that connects and clears the screen, then the pool should be working from within client. 

I have never tested a proxy with our new pool.

Does some one facing with problems to mining via proxy(socks5).

Server does not have direct access to internet.

My PC has direct access to internet, I'm using CCproxy 8.0.

The odd thing that synchronization itself is working perfectly while mining not....

getmininginfo
{
  "blocks": 11914,
  "currentblocksize": 1522,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 10408.77934579507,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 4,
  "networkhashps": 655973063808.8005,
  "hashps": 12451.12393121292,

}

Hi, why do you say mining is not working?  (You would have to tell us what your config is and paste the config contents and tell us if solo mining or pool mining)- then I can tell you if you are hitting the pool also and what the codes mean.

But anyway I see your Hashps is 12451, so you appear to be solo mining properly.

I think you are OK!  Proxy is working.

Is there any religion behind this new coin launch? They shouldn't use the bible to earn income.
Well technically you can start a Muslim sanctuary for biblepay, and vote on Muslim charities, but the basic spirit I am trying to set a template for is that we will have a supermajority that agree on donating to charities that are highly efficient (where over 70% of the funds reach the one in need), help in a way the Bible asks us to help (helping orphans and widows in distress), and basically allows you to answer this question when you stand in front of Jesus at judgement day: Did you know me?

I am not ashamed to say I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Our #1 charity has the words below their slogan "In Jesus Name".  Its no accident they do, as the spirit of helping orphans comes from Gods commandments (if you download our wallet, click on Jesus' concise commandments in Help).

But we have no specific requirement as to what type of sanctuary you start.  After the sanctuaries go live, I become a normal participant of Bible Pay.  I have to be active and vote with my funds to help keep this a Christian community, but it can certainly turn out to be 20% Muslim/80% Christian, for example, depending on who likes it in the future.

As far as mixing God & Mammon, I totally agree.  I made a post a long while back that in this case, we deliberately place all the risk on you as the investor, and tithe 10% of the block chain to charity right off the bat.  This means that if you want to take a risk to "earn income" as you say, the money is technically all coming from our own community and it at risk.  Its the long term idea that might pay off in the end.  In a nutshell, we become an asset that makes you feel good to hold.

Pages:
Jump to: