Pages:
Author

Topic: BidyBit.com - Double your money with bidding! - page 6. (Read 16195 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'd like to report a bug on the site, in which it was used against me, and lost about 0.2 btc. My username is chipsdelight.

Bug:
-Timer doesn't add additional time when someone bets as soon (split second) as another bidder places their bet.

To Reproduce:
Legends: PlayerA = 1st player, PlayerB = 2nd Player, Game1 = the lowest game which has the initial jackpot of $0.01.

1. Game1 started to countdown.. PlayerA initially bids on Game1, making him the highest Bidder.
2. Game1 started the last 10seconds count. PlayerA is focused on winning the game, he is ready to click the bid button as soon as somone else bids against him.
3. Game1 started the last 5seconds, PlayerB came and bid. Timer went up to about 11seconds, and PlayerA immediately clicks the bid button and outbid PlayerB, BUT timer did not add and stayed 11seconds and counting.
4. PlayerB got confused so he bids again at 5seconds mark, and the same thing happened, PlayerA immediately bids after him and timer just stayed 11seconds.
5. PlayerB realized the trick, so he bids as fast as he can as soon as he gets outbid by PlayerA.
6. Down to 7seconds mark, We see PlayerA bidding as soon as PlayerB bids, and vice-versa. And the Timer just keeps counting down to Zero without adding additional time every bet.
7. PlayerB loses since he was not fast enough to click Bid and was afraid to bid against himself.

Probable solution/s:

> Deny bets from a player if he is already the highest bidder. Bidding multiple times against yourself doesn't give any benefits since bid cost doesn't increase every bet, you are just adding to the jackpot-pot who can be stolen from you with just a single bet.

>Limit a player from bidding against someone by about 0.5 seconds, enough for the server to update the timer.

Just my suggestions. Good luck Wink

Thank you for your suggestions.
Currently this is on purpose and not a bug. So if many players would be playing at the same time, and everyone clicks at the same time, the timer would jump (count of players) x 10 sec. So it would be hard to reach 0 at any point.
So use this as your own strategy.
We will look in to other options while we progress, but currently this is not a bad thing but better for our players.

Regards
BidyBit

You misunderstood me, yes i know that the timer will jump when someone bets.. but the bug i was referring was, if two people bets almost at same time, outbetting each other,  the timer gets bugged and doesn't jump.

That's correct and that's for purpose as i said. So the game would be more enjoyable.
The correct answer for you would be.
If two or more users do a bid at the same time in time interval not longer than (1 second =1000 milliseconds)  , then the timer will add seconds only for the first bidder. And if in the next second someone else will bid, then it will be added again. This is so that timer doesn't bug and it actually doesn't change the gaming experience for you as a player. It's just the way we have thought out the system to work. Smiley
Activity: 353
Merit: 254
unibtc - Bitsler.com Developer
I'd like to report a bug on the site, in which it was used against me, and lost about 0.2 btc. My username is chipsdelight.

Bug:
-Timer doesn't add additional time when someone bets as soon (split second) as another bidder places their bet.

To Reproduce:
Legends: PlayerA = 1st player, PlayerB = 2nd Player, Game1 = the lowest game which has the initial jackpot of $0.01.

1. Game1 started to countdown.. PlayerA initially bids on Game1, making him the highest Bidder.
2. Game1 started the last 10seconds count. PlayerA is focused on winning the game, he is ready to click the bid button as soon as somone else bids against him.
3. Game1 started the last 5seconds, PlayerB came and bid. Timer went up to about 11seconds, and PlayerA immediately clicks the bid button and outbid PlayerB, BUT timer did not add and stayed 11seconds and counting.
4. PlayerB got confused so he bids again at 5seconds mark, and the same thing happened, PlayerA immediately bids after him and timer just stayed 11seconds.
5. PlayerB realized the trick, so he bids as fast as he can as soon as he gets outbid by PlayerA.
6. Down to 7seconds mark, We see PlayerA bidding as soon as PlayerB bids, and vice-versa. And the Timer just keeps counting down to Zero without adding additional time every bet.
7. PlayerB loses since he was not fast enough to click Bid and was afraid to bid against himself.

Probable solution/s:

> Deny bets from a player if he is already the highest bidder. Bidding multiple times against yourself doesn't give any benefits since bid cost doesn't increase every bet, you are just adding to the jackpot-pot who can be stolen from you with just a single bet.

>Limit a player from bidding against someone by about 0.5 seconds, enough for the server to update the timer.

Currently this is on purpose and not a bug. So if many players would be playing at the same time, and everyone clicks at the same time, the timer would jump (count of players) x 10 sec. So it would be hard to reach 0 at any point.
We will look in to other options while we progress, but currently this is not a bad thing but better for our players.

Regards
BidyBit

You misunderstood me, yes i know that the timer will jump when someone bets.. but the bug i was referring was, if two people bets almost at same time, outbetting each other,  the timer gets bugged and doesn't jump.
How to play?
Start by visiting bidybit.com and enter your email on the front page. You will shortly receive an email containing your personal login details and password. From that point you can fill up your account with bitcoins, the minimums is 1 cent (0.00004464btc)
On the front page of the site you will see 4 gaming blocks with different Jackpot amounts that you can  win.
Every bid you place, it instantly gets credited to the Jackpot amount of the corresponding block.
For example, first block has the jackpot amount of $20, that means that you can win $20 for sure if you bid on it, but whenever anyone else makes a bid, the amount of the bid gets credited to the total pot! That means that you can win an Unlimited amount of money each time you play, And there is no limit to how big the Jackpot can get!

More detailed information you can find on the site.
Up and running for a month now!
Thank you for the great support and suggestions you all are giving us.
We have fixed most of the bugs that we had at the start, we have changed our Payment api system to safer one, we have changed the way timer works, so it's 99.9% accurate now between different screens.
We listen to your suggestions and our next steps will involve adding user chat, updating front page instructions, adding new game, improving more and more your gaming experience.

Some statistics? Why not!

Bids Placed

$10,290
Money won

Games won

Don't miss out on this, we are here to stay, so get your gaming pants on and win some good bucks!
Sign up is free and takes only a minute, the minimum deposit is just a cent, and you can start bidding right away!

www.bidybit.com

Bug:

To Reproduce:

Probable solution/s:

Regards
BidyBit
Activity: 353
Merit: 254
unibtc - Bitsler.com Developer

Bug:

To Reproduce:

Probable solution/s:

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
why is it weird for you? the design seems to be pretty cool and it seems to be working normally i think everything is ok with it
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
The site is loading a bit weirder than it probably should.. maybe it's just because I'm trying it on my mobile phone but take a look on it.
My brother Loves Bidding and he has been playing and consequently winning much on Jeetle.com After i told him about this game yesterday , he pointed out that the Bidding takes almost 30+ seconds to be placed , i worry as it is around a major Time Rack , is this error from the server or some Browser Problem.

My brother Uses Kindle.

Bidding takes 30 sec? How do you mean that? Whenever you click on "Bid now" button, the bid instantly is added to the pot.

I clicked on the "Bid Now and it was Post back() and it went freeze for almost 30 seconds and then came up being Responsive" , I guess if it was Internet Problem or server side Fault.

That could only be your side connection problem, not server side. Before starting to bid, make sure your internet connection is not lagging too much.
Thank you for joining us and please feel free to write us, if any other questions arise.
may i know, if there is no people bidding and only 1 person bidding..

where does the profit come? from owner or not?

thanks.

Every business, online and offline has to have some start-up capital to launch the game. Jackpot amount listed on every slot comes out from our pockets. All we keep is 10% withdraw fee.
Currently as the game is new less players are online, but that doesn't mean that you can't win. Even if you are the only bidder, you can take home the Jackpot! Wink
There are new gamblers joining us every day! Smiley
Activity: 490
~ScapeGoat~
My brother Loves Bidding and he has been playing and consequently winning much on Jeetle.com After i told him about this game yesterday , he pointed out that the Bidding takes almost 30+ seconds to be placed , i worry as it is around a major Time Rack , is this error from the server or some Browser Problem.

My brother Uses Kindle.

Bidding takes 30 sec? How do you mean that? Whenever you click on "Bid now" button, the bid instantly is added to the pot.

I clicked on the "Bid Now and it was Post back() and it went freeze for almost 30 seconds and then came up being Responsive" , I guess if it was Internet Problem or server side Fault.
I have played and it is a really funny game!
Nice site,nice work!
Thank you, Smiley

My brother Uses Kindle.

I have tried Bidybit few days ago and it's a fun game.Deposit was accepted with 3 confirmations and I could play straight away.I have even doubled my deposit.  Grin Withdraw is also fast!
We are glad that you made some quick bucks and like our game.
Thank you for joining us
Activity: 602
may i know, if there is no people bidding and only 1 person bidding..

where does the profit come? from owner or not?

thanks.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
I have played and it is a really funny game!
Nice site,nice work!
Activity: 490
~ScapeGoat~

My brother Uses Kindle.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
I have tried Bidybit few days ago and it's a fun game.Deposit was accepted with 3 confirmations and I could play straight away.I have even doubled my deposit.  Grin Withdraw is also fast!
nice site this one, is there minimum to make deposit?

Hi there, and thank you for the  kind words!
There is no minimum for deposits, but the minimum bid you can place is 1 cent worth. 
Aren't you losing money? If I am the only better I can just place one bet and win the starting amount effectively doubling my money
Yes, currently we are loosing a bit. But still we are functional and online and paying out.
When  we started, we knew that it will take a start-up capital to launch this project as every business online and offline.
So  yes, you can win  great prizes now with  less effort, while the project is still young! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: