Pages:
Author

Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post - page 12. (Read 16745 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Every coin will experience a scandal sooner or later. It's rather unavoidable...

how is this scam on NXT? This could have happend with any coin Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Does anyone know if he actually received any BTC from users? Since the address was removed I can't look at how much it received.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Every coin will experience a scandal sooner or later. It's rather unavoidable...
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
When i develop my shitcoin, I'll add in the protocol. Grin
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
That would make a good feature in a altcoin. Send "coins" with scrow and reputation system. Who has the best reputation can mediate and receive a commission if the parties do not reach an agreement.

This doesn't need to be a feature of a coin built into the protocol. Can be solved with a service on top.
That would make a good feature in a altcoin. Send "coins" with scrow and reputation system. Who has the best reputation can mediate and receive a commission if the parties do not reach an agreement.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
If this john fellow was in fact a scammer than that is unfortunate, but what does this really change? is the code any different than it was yesterday? is the technology any different? did we suddenly not solve the proof of stake problem? everyone should quit being so dramatic and just for christ sake, use escrow next time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie
note that my bad karma on there continues to be marked even though I haven't participated in some time.

-bm
bluemeanie
the project has been overtaken by scam artists.  There are good people in NXT.  The forums at this point are virtually unusable.

note that John never mentioned Virtual Corporations.  There is a reason for that.

-bm
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The correct was the guy who supposedly lost password reimburse the sheeps.

another sign that NXT are essentially worthless.

-bm

I am confused. I thought you are a Nxt developer for virtual corporation or something.
bluemeanie

another sign that NXT are essentially worthless.

-bm
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
"leader"? This guy even said it is just a Job for him and he doesn't care for the currencies he is involved in. And it was most likely not even him, but a hacked account.

If you want to sell 10 M of NXT you can just do it off-exchange...

that's not exactly encouraging.

you're saying to liquidate a significant amount of NXT I need to personally find someone willing to buy and I have no guarantee that person exists.

that's the sort of thing that sends investors running.  You're not doing NXT any favors here, TWN.

-bm

Yeah, and BTC was SOOOOO liquid after 8 months.

Please fk off troll. Kthx bye.
bluemeanie
"leader"? This guy even said it is just a Job for him and he doesn't care for the currencies he is involved in. And it was most likely not even him, but a hacked account.

that's not exactly encouraging.

you're saying to liquidate a significant amount of NXT I need to personally find someone willing to buy and I have no guarantee that person exists.

that's the sort of thing that sends investors running.  You're not doing NXT any favors here, TWN.

-bm
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Even if he netted the full 400 BTC he was aiming for, thats still only $240,000.

these excuses are making the NXT community look like a den of vipers.  Didn't it already have that reputation?

-bm

Gee, I guess the price action of NXT reflects your rippage pretty accurately, huh.

Yep, NXT, joined the ranks of all those other failed coins and dropped to the single-digit satoshis for good.. Oh, it didn't? Oh sorry I must be in a parallel universe too.

a low volume market can be fabricated fairly cheaply.

-bm

This x 1000.

Coinmarketcap needs to adjust the market cap for non-liquid insta-mined coins.

The volume today for NXT in the past 24 hours was $140,000

The volume today for LTC in the past 24 hours was $2,500,000.00

The volume today for BTC in the past 24 hours was $26,000,000.00

NXT should not be top ten.

Really there are no coins that approach the liquidity and transparency of BTC and LTC.

Nothing can touch them, and NXT market cap is fake, just like its leader.  It says a lot when the leader of NXT is scamming everyone in a desperate attempt to get some Bitcoins, and then the NXT community are like - "big deal it is only $250,000....

If you actually tried to sell that much NXT it would collapse the market.

BTC and LTC remain the only real coins.

bluemeanie

I would revise that to BTC is the only real coin.

And it would appear that theyre trying to swat down the price right now.

-bm
bluemeanie
it's already been stated that it's very difficult to get OUT of NXT once you're in.

-bm
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Quote from: TaunSew
John (Peter Manglaviti) was essentially the public leader of NxT, he was the one who represented NxT's booth at several public conferences / expos and seminars and he was the man the public dealt with.  For all intensive purposes, while he may not had been a developer, he was essentially the public face of NxT.  He was the man the public saw at anything NxT and he was the one persuading people to buy it.

You assume it's just the BTC stolen.  Probably ran off with all the NxT he collected as well.  You assume "John" (Peter Manglaviti) is his real identity.  Linkedin profiles are easily just as faked as Facebook profiles.  The best fake linkedin profiles are those which combine truth with outright lies.

John wouldn't be the first person who thinks he can scam investors and get away with it.  After all, has the Visacoin guy gone to jail yet?  Has anyone actually gone to jail?  Even just one person?

The statue of limitations for these sort of crimes is 7 years or less.  The time to investigate, acquire the evidence, book a court room hearing, et cetera, can take years, that's even IF the police can be bother to actually to issue a warrant.  They generally don't go after 'small fish' like John.  

The only people who have been arrested in crypto currencies has been people like Charlie Shrem and mainly due to drugs / DEA.  I've yet to hear of a crypto scammer who has gone to jail, even with their personal details wide out in the open.

for all Intensive purposes?

this makes me lol

intents and purposes, fool

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 196
Even if he netted the full 400 BTC he was aiming for, thats still only $240,000.

these excuses are making the NXT community look like a den of vipers.  Didn't it already have that reputation?

-bm

Gee, I guess the price action of NXT reflects your rippage pretty accurately, huh.

Yep, NXT, joined the ranks of all those other failed coins and dropped to the single-digit satoshis for good.. Oh, it didn't? Oh sorry I must be in a parallel universe too.

a low volume market can be fabricated fairly cheaply.

-bm

This x 1000.

Coinmarketcap needs to adjust the market cap for non-liquid insta-mined coins.

The volume today for NXT in the past 24 hours was $140,000

The volume today for LTC in the past 24 hours was $2,500,000.00

The volume today for BTC in the past 24 hours was $26,000,000.00

NXT should not be top ten.

Really there are no coins that approach the liquidity and transparency of BTC and LTC.

Nothing can touch them, and NXT market cap is fake, just like its leader.  It says a lot when the leader of NXT is scamming everyone in a desperate attempt to get some Bitcoins, and then the NXT community are like - "big deal it is only $250,000....

If you actually tried to sell that much NXT it would collapse the market.

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
TwinWinNerD, you already demonstrated you have no idea what you're talking about so resorting to name calling doesn't win you anything.

-bm

Hmm, I just re-read my post and can't find an insult, but whatever.

Just read your "blog".

Gonna stop the "discussion" here. Got better things to do...
Pages:
Jump to: