Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 13. (Read 148399 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 119
The Exchange for EOS Community
December 23, 2018, 03:50:01 PM
I think the news like this news are more positive than negative. There is always a big concentration of bad news at the end of each correction.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
December 14, 2018, 07:38:29 PM
Bill gates has never hidden his dislike for cryptocurrencies. He is only concerned about the uncertainty and fluctuations in its value.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
December 14, 2018, 07:36:48 PM
Many people say that cryptocurrency is bad, of course on the one hand bad that can launder dirty money here , but for me the advantages are much more !
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
December 14, 2018, 05:22:03 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Personally, during my work on the crypto market I was able to make sure that such public statements often turn out to be wrong. Of course, I do not doubt his merits and successes. But the crypto market does not depend on such statements and forecasts, it just continues to grow steadily.
Activity: 294
December 13, 2018, 05:07:34 AM
And why is Microsoft investing a lot of money in the blockchain technology and is going to launch the Bakkt within the next several months? I think Microsoft will be one of the most powerful blockchain oriented companies in the future.
Activity: 396
December 13, 2018, 05:03:00 AM
There is nothing wrong with this. The cryptocurrency is very bad. There are a lot of scammers here. The birth of cryptocurrency allows scammers to get rich overnight. So these are all evidence that cryptocurrency is not good, but I believe cryptocurrency will grow. Many scammers will disappear in the future.
Activity: 112
December 12, 2018, 05:57:02 AM
I think that to call cryptocurrency the reason why there are such terrible things as terrorism or drugs in the world is fundamentally wrong. Terrorism and drugs existed before the crypto currency and this did not prevent them from killing thousands or millions of people. Instead of blaming the cryptocurrency, agencies created to combat these phenomena should do their job better. But I also agree that cryptocurrency needs legal regulation to increase trust in it and protect against fraud and criminals.
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
December 11, 2018, 04:39:01 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

There are two sides of a coin, depending on how one flips it in a direction that might be catastrophic to others and one's self or to the good side of it. The invention of a cryptocurrency is good and there was no planned harm for inventing it. It is actually similar to how weapons are made to protect us from harm. But same weapons may not be good to others or the person using it. The technology used by cryptocurrency may be beneficial to many though concerns about anonymity is always a question of whether it is really good or not. The only person who can really tell is the person using it because we have the power to choose between doing good or evil.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
December 11, 2018, 04:29:39 AM
I listen to such respected people as Bill Gates. He speaks about cryptothermia not for the first time. And says good or bad about crypto from when it is profitable for him to speak good or bad. It's like a show to promote.  Cheesy
It is not only this currency which is making harm to the community it is only the minds of people. There are many people who understand the cryptocurrency and they are saying that it is good. In the coming future I am sure that he will say that he was wrong and cryptocurrency are better as it is giving earning to a lot of people.
Activity: 208
December 10, 2018, 05:02:41 AM

I don't believe to what bill gates said, and i disagree to what he said. He can say all of those things because cryptocurrency now is struggling, but why Bill Gates said that when bitcoin pumps to $10,000? or Ethereum gets $1200? Did you see my point? He can say that because cryptocurrency now is in depression and coins is dumping day by day.
Activity: 196
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
December 09, 2018, 09:10:14 PM

Crypto currency is bad, Fiat currency is bad also, currency becomes bad when it is used in a bad manner. Everything is up to the choice of the people who is using it. If we want it to be good then be responsible in utilizing cryptocurrency.
Activity: 602
December 09, 2018, 08:37:26 PM
I believe that we should not be guided by the opinion of Bill Gates on cryptocurrencies, firstly because most cryptocurrencies, and bitcoin incl. - they are not anonymous, and secondly, Bill Gates - can deliberately misinform us all with some personal self-serving motives.

Indeed, anyone can make their own argument and opinion but its depend on ourself. I think cryptocurrency will growing more bigger than now because crypto give a lot people an opportunity to earn extra money
Activity: 378
December 09, 2018, 07:26:35 PM
It's natural if opinions from one person to another are different. Everyone has different results and processes in reaching their income from crypto. Not a few people blaspheme crypto, the majority of them because they don't master crypto knowledge widely. If crypto is used as a basic income every month, it is not good. Because the market value of crypto keeps moving, so it can't be relied upon as a routine income.
Merit: 102
December 09, 2018, 07:21:35 PM

I agree with his view on the risky nature of the speculative ICOs but crptocurrency is not totally bad. Investors need to be informed and enlightened well before venturing into it.
Activity: 182
December 09, 2018, 06:19:11 PM
he can say anything but bitcoin as he continued to develop and does it to this day
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 05:46:16 PM
reality is that cryptocurrency was really used or might still be used by bad elements.  i think that was where is observation came from. with regards to anonymity, seems this is no longer true as of this writing.
Activity: 593
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
December 09, 2018, 03:30:09 PM

This is not the reason to try to remove Crypto from the world. Bitcoin is not a currency for criminal activity because criminals for these activities use it. Like FIAT, Crypto is used as a currency to trade. How are FIATs used for these activities that governments do not criticise?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
December 09, 2018, 03:21:34 PM
It all depends on whose hands are cryptocurrencies, as by themselves they do not bear any harm or danger. Cryptocurrencies, or rather the blockchain system, is a step into the future.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
December 09, 2018, 03:18:00 PM
I think he is wrong ,I think different that cryptocurrency is very good for everyone living on this planet.This is the new global financial system and we are at the very beginning of its implementation in every country.Bill Gates is too old to accept the new reality.
Merit: 111
Dota2
December 09, 2018, 02:01:51 PM
Lol the only thing he can say it's because of drugs, drugs are the problem!!!!!!!!! NOT!, since we all know, if a government would want to erase all those drugs, government would do it. But no it's the opposite, governments themselves are putting drugs into their countryes, so government can earn from drugs and kill most of the unwanted population. I can hear everything what's going on, specially in USA, there government is trafficking cocaine to their states, and DEA and other abc agencies are hunting only those who are not with government. Shitty governments are the problem and not the drugs.  

And what is the problem with Bitcoin? it's a scam buisness.
Not the bitcoin itself, but the common uses of bitcoin ( used on some illegal transaction around the globe ). I think, that is the main point why bitcoin bring bad view from Bill Gates.
Pages:
Jump to: