Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought) - page 4. (Read 98893 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
If you have not figured it out already - you should know where you stand when mining on this pool.  Pretend like you hopped into an empty train box car to get from one place to another.  If anything goes wrong, you will be the last know.  So don't bother getting all hot about the owner not telling you anything, because he could care less.  He does not run the pool for you.  He runs it for himself.  You will also be the last to get paid. 
If you're OK with all that...this is a good pool to mine.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Why is the site and nodes down for me?

on irc they said they are moving one of the servers from phoenix arizona to the new 10g fiber connection at the las vegas datacenter and that the site/nodes would be offline for a short time till they get the one server back up and running

somone posted that once the server was picked up in phoenix it was about a 5 hour drive to the dc in vegas

so once again they told the 10 or so people in irc the important information and didnt bother to email anyone else..

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

on irc they said they are moving one of the servers from phoenix arizona to the new 10g fiber connection at the las vegas datacenter and that the site/nodes would be offline for a short time till they get the one server back up and running

somone posted that once the server was picked up in phoenix it was about a 5 hour drive to the dc in vegas
legendary

everything down for me too.. i guess we will see if it comes back up..

Activity: 980
Merit: 252
legendary
u guys do relize it was stated a long time ago that dodge and nmc were put on hold , dodge is just a bonus , and nmc is not merge mined , something was said to the extent of the way the payouts were calcualted were off so it was put on hold , until they could redo it , both dodge and nmc are purchased by the pool admin and given out as a bonus.

honestly id like ot have seen them removed form the dashboard for the time being till its fixed , but no big deal

as far as payouts ive been threw the same delays as everyone else and always goten paid it sucks yeah but do i worry about being paid ever no i dont. if i need my btc very quickly ill switch off some hashpower to another pool when my balance starts to get high.i stick around at the pool one because its payout amounts are consistant from day to day , the pool is super stable and i get the best hashrate there.the biggest reason i stay is the community of pool users imho no better community of users u can trust then at ban

and kano u have ur own pool u shouldn't have a single thing to say here ive mined on ur pool and ur payouts suck , hashrate is unstable , not to mention the constant disconnects

I want to mine here, but the op has not done enough to make me feel safe.

If I rent 1ph for .0096 btc a th this pool pays 0.0106 per th .

That is a 0.0010 btc profit per th x 1000 it is a 1btc profit for a 1 ph rental  that only way i can  lose is this pool does not pay me.   Since the pool is paying so  late It becomes too hard for me to send rentals here. 

i feel the same, as far as payouts go with the 1% bonus and the pps i dont think there is a better pool atm..

nicehash when its up, but its been down for a couple days..
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
u guys do relize it was stated a long time ago that dodge and nmc were put on hold , dodge is just a bonus , and nmc is not merge mined , something was said to the extent of the way the payouts were calcualted were off so it was put on hold , until they could redo it , both dodge and nmc are purchased by the pool admin and given out as a bonus.

honestly id like ot have seen them removed form the dashboard for the time being till its fixed , but no big deal

as far as payouts ive been threw the same delays as everyone else and always goten paid it sucks yeah but do i worry about being paid ever no i dont. if i need my btc very quickly ill switch off some hashpower to another pool when my balance starts to get high.i stick around at the pool one because its payout amounts are consistant from day to day , the pool is super stable and i get the best hashrate there.the biggest reason i stay is the community of pool users imho no better community of users u can trust then at ban

and kano u have ur own pool u shouldn't have a single thing to say here ive mined on ur pool and ur payouts suck , hashrate is unstable , not to mention the constant disconnects

I want to mine here, but the op has not done enough to make me feel safe.

If I rent 1ph for .0096 btc a th this pool pays 0.0106 per th .

That is a 0.0010 btc profit per th x 1000 it is a 1btc profit for a 1 ph rental  that only way i can  lose is this pool does not pay me.   Since the pool is paying so  late It becomes too hard for me to send rentals here. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

What a fucking joke
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Your welcome Smiley
Activity: 469
Merit: 500

legendary
yeah I figure this is a case of dead man walking.

So i will just post a screen shot of my unpaid nmc and doge coins.  I no longer mine here and no one else should unless they simply do not care about being paid.

This type of none payment is  a classic I am going to fail pool symptom

to all just stop mining here move on.

legendary
Someone posted Meni's pool analysis document again recently in the p2pool thread.
https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

Although not all of it is gospel, there is an interesting calculation in the appendix that people mining here should take note of
(of course directly related to what I've said before)

If a PPS pool charges a 5% fee, and at any point in time, (only) has a reserve of 250BTC, then the chance of eventual bankruptcy is ... ~81.9% without paying BTC into the pool by the operator.

To have the chance of eventual bankruptcy to be 0.1% on a PPS pool charging a 5% fee, requires a reserve of ... ~1727 BTC

Important to note of course those numbers are if the pool is charging a 5% fee.
... not a 0% fee ... or even a -1% (a 1% bonus) as is the case here.

(N.B. I updated the numbers above for 25BTC since the original doc is back when the block reward was 50BTC)

I wonder if s0br has any idea at all about any of this.

Don't forget that the pool paid a 10-12% bonus for a long time. The only way it didn't BK the pool right away is the pool controlled a very large amount of the hash (and the pool op was putting addition capital in as needed) but at times a large portion of that hash was in the form of rentals at a high rate, which had to burn thru coins as well. Again if this was only going to be a short term  issue until the pool got used for another venture that would make the money, as we were lead to believe, I could understand it better. But the way its gone it seems this pool is doomed no matter what happens now.
This is precisely what I and many others have been saying since the pool started.  The model is completely unsustainable.  You are always reliant upon the pool operator to contribute coins from his own pocket, and when the pool operator decides to stop contributing those coins you stop getting paid.

Look at the numbers Kano posted.  At a 5% fee you need about 1727 coins in reserve to have a pretty good chance of avoiding bankruptcy.  This pool is doomed.  Always has been.

Well we were lead to believe the pool was not going to be his money maker and it was only a tool under his control for another business which I figured was either hash rental and or hosting service. I could understand how you would want to ramp the pool up with the bonus or giveaways for various reasons. I believe this other business was to start within a few months of the pool start up. Many businesses either have a lost leader or give away samples but this is mostly figured in as advertising and is short term as no business can stay afloat selling below cost forever. But as we all know nothing has become of this " other business" so you and the others were right, because as a stand alone pool the way it's structured it will not survive and we have been seeing the proof of that as the pool gets deeper in debt.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Someone posted Meni's pool analysis document again recently in the p2pool thread.

Although not all of it is gospel, there is an interesting calculation in the appendix that people mining here should take note of

If a PPS pool charges a 5% fee, and at any point in time, (only) has a reserve of 250BTC, then the chance of eventual bankruptcy is ... ~81.9% without paying BTC into the pool by the operator.

To have the chance of eventual bankruptcy to be 0.1% on a PPS pool charging a 5% fee, requires a reserve of ... ~1727 BTC

(N.B. I updated the numbers above for 25BTC since the original doc is back when the block reward was 50BTC)

Don't forget that the pool paid a 10-12% bonus for a long time. The only way it didn't BK the pool right away is the pool controlled a very large amount of the hash (and the pool op was putting addition capital in as needed) but at times a large portion of that hash was in the form of rentals at a high rate, which had to burn thru coins as well. Again if this was only going to be a short term  issue until the pool got used for another venture that would make the money, as we were lead to believe, I could understand it better. But the way its gone it seems this pool is doomed no matter what happens now.
This is precisely what I and many others have been saying since the pool started.  The model is completely unsustainable.  You are always reliant upon the pool operator to contribute coins from his own pocket, and when the pool operator decides to stop contributing those coins you stop getting paid.

Look at the numbers Kano posted.  At a 5% fee you need about 1727 coins in reserve to have a pretty good chance of avoiding bankruptcy.  This pool is doomed.  Always has been.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I got paid in full except Doge & NMC.
legendary
The unpaid Doge is really understandable. Earlier it was adding up to hundreds, now it's pretty much a laughable bonus. One time at a free Doge faucet will pay out more than you or I are owed together. And since Doge has no connection to Sha256 mining, just where did/does it come from?

The Namecoin, is questionable. The site doesn't have much transparency on NMC, but maybe they were sold off for btc when it was higher? Just a guess, but there should always have been NMC to payout unless it was sold off like that. I'm not going to cry about the $2.5 in NMC I'm owed(I price it based off of the minimum I'd sell it for), but I would like it one day.

I'm hoping the pool still can catch up.

It never was about the monetary value of the 2 crap coins, it's all about the trustworthiness of the pool and it doing what it said it would. If that changed well it should have been told after everyone was paid up.

This is why I have not come back. I do not give a shit about 2 or 3 dollars but the principle of it has meaning to me.

I spot mine here sometimes renting 400th to 1000th if I get a good price.  basically 1 btc in rental nets me 1.05 btc here i go for it.

With the slow pay I can't do this any more.
legendary
The unpaid Doge is really understandable. Earlier it was adding up to hundreds, now it's pretty much a laughable bonus. One time at a free Doge faucet will pay out more than you or I are owed together. And since Doge has no connection to Sha256 mining, just where did/does it come from?

The Namecoin, is questionable. The site doesn't have much transparency on NMC, but maybe they were sold off for btc when it was higher? Just a guess, but there should always have been NMC to payout unless it was sold off like that. I'm not going to cry about the $2.5 in NMC I'm owed(I price it based off of the minimum I'd sell it for), but I would like it one day.

It never was about the monetary value of the 2 crap coins, it's all about the trustworthiness of the pool and it doing what it said it would. If that changed well it should have been told after everyone was paid up.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

legendary
I liked mining here but  it does seem doomed to fail.
my unpaid doge and nmc

legendary

legendary
there's just been a run of payments of 150 bitcoin, i got my balances cleared in full, old and new difficulty.

Time since last payment sent: 6 minutes, 41 seconds.
We've paid out 150.52920770 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 24 hours.
We've paid out 150.52920770 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 3 days.
We've paid out 347.43308466 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 7 days.
We've paid out 430.48639475 Bitcoin to our miners in the past 14 days.
Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 107.12771135 Bitcoin.

It looks like they have now paid out all blocks from this last lucky streak and I would think the large amount left in queue are coins that are owed to themself? But the pool is back down to @1.5PH

at one point in time, the pool had the highest earning machines.. so essentially they were paying themselves..
they have put those machines somewhere else.. possibly to recoup some costs..

That makes no sense.
Pages:
Jump to: