Author

Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open - page 185. (Read 339472 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
We've updated our wallets. These are all the latest certified builds from Crypto Certify to implement our new checkpoint servers to work with our own privkey.

*** Mandatory Wallet Updates (ver. 1.0.0.1) ***

- Windows Automatic Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip
- Windows Manual Install: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ea20i9fa64lftf/BitBay-Manual-1.0.0.1.zip
- Mac Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdi7e7y4gjkvh93/bitbay-qt-1.0.0.1-osx.zip

Please update your wallets immediately to alleviate any issues later down the line.

These updates will be posted to the thread's front page shortly along with our public GitHub address. The smart contract wallet is in development for the next major wallet upgrade!

Bump and excited.

when trying to download
Windows Automatic Installer:[/b] http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip

File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance

just tried it, the link works.. maybe you have zip files blocked by virus scan in Firefox or Chrome or whichever browser you are using
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
We've updated our wallets. These are all the latest certified builds from Crypto Certify to implement our new checkpoint servers to work with our own privkey.

*** Mandatory Wallet Updates (ver. 1.0.0.1) ***

- Windows Automatic Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip
- Windows Manual Install: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ea20i9fa64lftf/BitBay-Manual-1.0.0.1.zip
- Mac Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdi7e7y4gjkvh93/bitbay-qt-1.0.0.1-osx.zip

Please update your wallets immediately to alleviate any issues later down the line.

These updates will be posted to the thread's front page shortly along with our public GitHub address. The smart contract wallet is in development for the next major wallet upgrade!

Bump and excited.

when trying to download
Windows Automatic Installer:[/b] http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip

File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance

That's odd. I downloaded it earlier and it worked fine, and I just tried it again out of curiosity and I was able to download it without any problems at all.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain.....Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

This was very interesting. I wasn't aware of half that stuff.

Thanks for posting.

I read the entire TOS for Ethereum, 28 pages of "not responsible for anything no matter what" - That is one reason I didn't buy any.

What I also like more about Bitbay, a lot, is simply the branding. Simple and likely effective.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain.....Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

This was very interesting. I wasn't aware of half that stuff.

Thanks for posting.
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
Time expected to earn stake: 22 hrs

2 days ago it was 15 minutes

It's amazing how bigger network weight has gotten in just 2 days.  

Those estimated times never seem to be correct.  I have a few wallets of different coins, and my stakes never match up to the time expected to earn them.

That being said, I did receive my first stake in BitBay today.  But only 1 so far.
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Smart Contracts are in NXT, Ethereum and Bitshares also and the decentrilized market place is also there. Why then BitBay ?

Because nobody has actually won the race to real world implementation yet. (Actual use of any importance) Bitbay isn't the only one I own, but I think it is a solid option and cheap.

BlackHalo and BitHalo won the smart contract race in May. There was fully functional software with user interface and fully customizable contracts. Since then, the Halo tech has become even more expansive.

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain. Bitcoin core actually banned certain Counterparty and Mastercoin addresses. NXT doesnt have smart contracts only a concept. Bitshares doesnt have smart contracts, please show me a user interface and describe what it can be used for. None of them have markets either. There is only right now, some sparse derivative markets with very basic UI in counterparty and ultracoin

This is totally different. Its an entire economy. Also, its faster than Bitmessage, decentralized, does not suffer from bloat and has no single point of failure. It grants wishes.  Grin

Halo is the only functional smart contracting client and has been for over a year. It was the first in the world. Also, they are the only ones with a full interface and encrypted email and bitmessage.  Grin

Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

Any idea on a timeline for Bitbay releasing the smart contracts? Is this something that's down the road or soon? Thanks

There is question for how much we are changing the UI for a demo. Its more efficient for me to finish my markets and see what the UI dev brings back to me. But yeah, shortly.
Activity: 470
Here is a link to our public GitHub account for public vetting of our source code. Thank you for your patience.

- Public GitHub Access: https://github.com/Bitbaydev/bitbay

Did anybody manage to compile this on Linux? I'm getting this:

:-1: error: No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 588
Price is rising... I feel sorry for everyone who sold below ICO prices.
legendary
Smart Contracts are in NXT, Ethereum and Bitshares also and the decentrilized market place is also there. Why then BitBay ?

Because nobody has actually won the race to real world implementation yet. (Actual use of any importance) Bitbay isn't the only one I own, but I think it is a solid option and cheap.

BlackHalo and BitHalo won the smart contract race in May. There was fully functional software with user interface and fully customizable contracts. Since then, the Halo tech has become even more expansive.

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain. Bitcoin core actually banned certain Counterparty and Mastercoin addresses. NXT doesnt have smart contracts only a concept. Bitshares doesnt have smart contracts, please show me a user interface and describe what it can be used for. None of them have markets either. There is only right now, some sparse derivative markets with very basic UI in counterparty and ultracoin

This is totally different. Its an entire economy. Also, its faster than Bitmessage, decentralized, does not suffer from bloat and has no single point of failure. It grants wishes.  Grin

Halo is the only functional smart contracting client and has been for over a year. It was the first in the world. Also, they are the only ones with a full interface and encrypted email and bitmessage.  Grin

Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

If a market place like this ever became as big as eBay then it would need its own blockchain for sure.  It wouldn't surprise me if eBay had more buys than there are Bitcoin trades, I bet their server costs are ridiculous.

Not true, the way I'm designing markets does not require a blockchain. Its inspired by whitelists, burning coins, broadcasts and channels. Please look at Bitmessage to start to get an idea. I'm completely remanufacturing it.
legendary
What happened to the BitBay board on Trello? Or is it just down for me?

No it isnt down, what your name on there. Let me double check. Can you PM me?
Activity: 660
Updating wallet will reset my matured coins wont it?

I updated my wallet and the mature staked coins appeared right back at the staking line when I opened the new wallet.
Activity: 495
Updating wallet will reset my matured coins wont it?
Activity: 448

If a market place like this ever became as big as eBay then it would need its own blockchain for sure.  It wouldn't surprise me if eBay had more buys than there are Bitcoin trades, I bet their server costs are ridiculous.
legendary

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Smart contract functinality for coins is currently like having a Facebook timeline without friends.

You need more than just the option for a smart contract. The contract itself is pretty basic functionality compared to what it takes to make people use it. That's why coins like Blackcoin and Bitbay are offering platforms for people to engage these contracts on.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
What happened to the BitBay board on Trello? Or is it just down for me?
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Activity: 1540
Time expected to earn stake: 22 hrs

2 days ago it was 15 minutes

It's amazing how bigger network weight has gotten in just 2 days.  
legendary
Activity: 1176
i saw many people think negatively with their assumptions
i think,here is bitbay forum for discussion about the future of the coin itself
and is not negative thoughts olimpiade or defamation contest  Grin Grin
legendary
Sorry, but I havn't seen something innovative like this since Blackcoin

Not saying that there isn't innovation here - there is, but out of interest, what did you find "innovative" about Blackcoin ? That it was POS ? That they did some marketing ?

He probably means that and NightTrader or whatever its called,  and smart contracts.

Regardless the main issue is they (both blackcoin and bitbay) are all just releasing closed source at first to support the nsa backing & and establishing nodes.

So go ahead and keep installing this trojan'd crap.

Trojan? Its not closed source. Want to see the source? I only change variable names to avoid cloning.
Jump to: