Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 10. (Read 541841 times)

legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
I may be a pessimistic but unfortunately it seems that crypto is deviating from it's original purpose and if coins like bay don't play the game they will never reach public view. Everyone is just looking for the dumb money nowadays.

This is because of an overly aggressive attack against altcoins has been going on for the past few years. After the bubble popped the psychology of investors shifted to a sort of fear and aversion. Defi only temporarily quelled it because of liquidity pools. If new large groups of investors flock en masse then perhaps even the alts will get another kick. However gatekeepers are positioning exchanges in a way to censor the good tech. That is a hurdle that DEX can potentially solve. We can't be under-capitalized, BAY should find even a modest amount of funding to continue even if its OTC.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
I may be a pessimistic but unfortunately it seems that crypto is deviating from it's original purpose and if coins like bay don't play the game they will never reach public view. Everyone is just looking for the dumb money nowadays.
Activity: 103
Merit: 18
This is a serious issue for solid projects with no hype machine behind them. They are looked over by new investors that are saturated with projects making grand claims that do not produce.  That is bad for crypto. A bunch of developers should congregate and form a project appraisal and analysis website.

Bitbay is clearly seriously under valued but getting the average investor to understand this is the current issue that Bitbay has.

Yeah I mean now the g7 are going to attempt to regulate strongly stable coins tethered to the dollar or hard assets in a centralized way then Bitbays dynamic liquid supply and volatility smoothing mechanism should be in a very strong position.

Do you feel looking at the sequence of past events that bay has been the victim of " bad luck" with exchanges collapsing or randomly giving you the boot?
You would have thought some large investment group would have seen the obvious opportunity here with this project. It appears to offer more than any other project I can find anywhere near this cap or outside of the top 25.

Do you feel most new investors are simply unable to locate strong projects alone? Hence why most end up investing in scams that simply vanish after a time.
legendary
That's a very interesting feature and adds a stronger of additional security. Is it possible to do this outside of lan over the net?
Even on Lan it is a brilliant feature.  The maket place wallet is incredibly powerful once you get into it.
If you could get some people downloading and using it I'm sure they would start to notice what you've created here.
Do you feel the clamp down on centralized stable coins will open up the demand for decentralized price volatility smoothing mechanisms like what Bitbay provides. I always prefer a decentralized solutions where possible.

Well yeah of course, BAY was meant to work under any conditions as a decentralized stablecoin of sorts... although we are much more than that.

I've tried cold staking over the internet and wasn't quite able to get it to work but perhaps it had to do with my router or ports or something. I would need to see further demand for that to follow up on it. However over LAN I tested it well.
That's a very interesting feature and adds a stronger of additional security. Is it possible to do this outside of lan over the net?
Even on Lan it is a brilliant feature.  The maket place wallet is incredibly powerful once you get into it.
If you could get some people downloading and using it I'm sure they would start to notice what you've created here.
Do you feel the clamp down on centralized stable coins will open up the demand for decentralized price volatility smoothing mechanisms like what Bitbay provides. I always prefer a decentralized solutions where possible.
legendary
How does the cold staking work exactly?

You can stake using two computers like a joint account over LAN to protect the security of your keys.
How does the cold staking work exactly?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So the downloadable marketplace is working with the peg bayR and bayL already and the web market place will do in the future?
Then the project is pretty much complete?

The project isn't 100% complete, but it is 100% operative. There will still be made improvements, however all major and necessary checkpoints are marked off now that the peg is working. If BitBay gets on a bigger exchange that's also available for US customers, the team will be able to generate some funds for marketing so that it can blow off!
So the downloadable marketplace is working with the peg bayR and bayL already and the web market place will do in the future?
Then the project is pretty much complete?

Will in the future people be able to run white label shops on top of Bitbay web marketplace ?
That would be amazing it would offer shop and billing?
The potential seems huge especially if sports betting and unbreakable trustless payouts would be part of that. ?
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
Hi Joe-Bloggs
I'm on Telegram now - BitBay Doc is my handle.
Unsure exactly which is your address.
Please reach out to me for contact.

Lucky L. - If you get a Telegram address, please give me a shout out also.

I will bro, soon as I can.
Hi Joe-Bloggs

That's good news. Did you join the bit bay channel?
If you go to the first post in this thread the telegram link is there. I tried to copy the link but my phone is messing up.

Hi Joe, I have joined the BitBay channel.
On there now. 1pmPST.

Hi Doc, I joined the Bitbay telegram a couple of days ago.

Anyway. There are other better Bitbay channels but only the Bitbay team can add you to there.
They will hopefully do that when they come online. The channel you initially appear on seems a general channel that isn't too productive. Good you joined. There are quite a few more serious bay fans on there.

Activity: 193
Merit: 3
Hi Joe-Bloggs

If you go to the first post in this thread the telegram link is there. I tried to copy the link but my phone is messing up.

Hi Joe, I have joined the BitBay channel.
On there now. 1pmPST.
Hi Joe-Bloggs

Hi Joe-Bloggs

Joe-Bloggs - "This is bringing honest awareness and fair comparison to a completed and functional product that is clearly underrated and under appreciated work of art from a ultra talented developer and a great team. ...Bitbay appear(s) to not require anything other than a fair comparison to shine."

I LOVE YOU!!! - Yes, you've nailed it.
We all feel like that.

I'm sure Lucky, myself and others who are interested will get on Telegram asap.
I will get things set up later this evening after today's work.

Looking forward to meeting and discussing on Telegram later.

I will also keep posting here, as this is one of the 1st places newbee's might see BAY for the 1st time - coming to it through the Coin Market Cap website.
It's great that Bitbay has some dedicated and enthusiastic people remaining on this forum.
I have found that there are many others but they dont post much here.

To address a couple of points.

Smart marketing only requires effort. Money is okay for marketing and you can do more but really you can get huge exposure without paying out. The things is you want targeted marketing to those that will appreciate what Bitbay offers.

The First thing you need is a dedicated and organised team.
Is there anyway you guys can join the telegram channel?
Keeping discussion going here is vital but telegram is also very useful for discussing ideas in an efficient way.

Working as a team is much better for morale
Getting on other exchanges would be useful but long term we are far better off getting our own exchange or working with dex like Blocknet. This is in the works.

It is important for us to provide a facility for US investors to obtain Bitbay and until our own exchange or Blocknet is ready we can use a website with live helper chat and OTC sales for 100k minimum parcels. Maybe even 50 or 25k if price baseline moves up.

Anyway lets get a strong team going and increase awareness for this amazing project.
It is not like we are attempting to shill or pump a shitcoin.
This is bringing honest awareness and fair comparison to a completed and functional product that is clearly underrated and under appreciated work of art from a ultra talented developer and a great team.

Bitbay appear to not require anything other than a fair comparison to shine. I wouldn't be part of attempting to market something I didn't believe would be beneficial for others to get involved with.

We need a team and we need to be organised.
Please come to telegram and then message PM me on here so I know it's you.
There are some other Bitbay enthusiasts already there. Lets get together and get some things done.
No pressure, even just contributing ideas will be enough if you dont have time to make some posts or send some messages.
Just having a group to discuss things in is good for morale.

Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
Everything Joe-Bloggs says is basically correct.
Especially the part about us offering more than 99.9% of all the other coins out there.

Joe, we really appreciate you wanting to help and you are offering good advice.

I just think our community is a little burned out after fighting so hard to just get us to where we are now; and everyone is just catching a second wind.
Also, not having the support of more than one exchange is not helpful. The peg is ahead of it's time; and a decentralized coin that is difficult to manipulate (once volume picks up), is not the favorite of TPTB (which even makes a stronger case for our success in the future).

If we can just get back on two or three exchanges, we will be off to the races.
The trick is being able to convince the exchanges that the algo for the peg is worth the time implementing it.

All of your suggestions (including marketing), takes $.
I am willing to work with you anyway I can, and I am sure others will want to also.

If someone could post the latest forums for us to be able to discuss moving forward, that would be appreciated.

I like what you wrote, if you need any help for ideas to get Bitbay going, you can count on me to help out if I can.
Everything Joe-Bloggs says is basically correct.
Especially the part about us offering more than 99.9% of all the other coins out there.

Joe, we really appreciate you wanting to help and you are offering good advice.

I just think our community is a little burned out after fighting so hard to just get us to where we are now; and everyone is just catching a second wind.
Also, not having the support of more than one exchange is not helpful. The peg is ahead of it's time; and a decentralized coin that is difficult to manipulate (once volume picks up), is not the favorite of TPTB (which even makes a stronger case for our success in the future).

If we can just get back on two or three exchanges, we will be off to the races.
The trick is being able to convince the exchanges that the algo for the peg is worth the time implementing it.

All of your suggestions (including marketing), takes $.
I am willing to work with you anyway I can, and I am sure others will want to also.

If someone could post the latest forums for us to be able to discuss moving forward, that would be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: