Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 28. (Read 541880 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 3
Let's not exaggerate, you can't expect with such limited personel for things to get handled the instant you spot them. We are more concerned with the security of your funds and the software than we are about issues with an old staking calculator on the website. We are aware of it and will get around to it. You have to consider we have priorities. Like making sure the exchange tests well and making sure we update the web wallet while it's in maintenance to let users know among 100 other things. The staking calculator is not the first place users will navigate on the main site. To get things updated on the site I have to run things through the web dev who runs it through a program to maintain updates and translations. With that said I have asked them to change that work flow because its not efficient and doesn't allow me to just push changes to github. They dont want to have to touch up each translation manually. Personally I think an auto-translation service is better as I've seen plugins that users can edit the site to fix them. Anyways, that's how that process works.
It's not an exaggeration. Again, maybe to you, because of your deep immersion as I stated above; but not to us who are pragmatic in regards to the sites presentation. One can never get a chance for a second 1st impression.
I have been trying to get that non-working Staking Calculator removed for over two years; and now it's almost game time. Angry

Again, the Staking Calculator IS one of the 1st place users DO navigate to on the main site. It's at the very top of all the pages for God's sake; and English is read from left to right - so it is the 1st link users see and click on. It's not helpful to leave it up if it doesn't work - it's such an easy fix and a no brainer.
Everything else is beautiful and I could not be more pleased.
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Let's not exaggerate, you can't expect with such limited personel for things to get handled the instant you spot them. We are more concerned with the security of your funds and the software than we are about issues with an old staking calculator on the website. We are aware of it and will get around to it. You have to consider we have priorities. Like making sure the exchange tests well and making sure we update the web wallet while it's in maintenance to let users know among 100 other things. The staking calculator is not the first place users will navigate on the main site. To get things updated on the site I have to run things through the web dev who runs it through a program to maintain updates and translations. With that said I have asked them to change that work flow because its not efficient and doesn't allow me to just push changes to github. They dont want to have to touch up each translation manually. Personally I think an auto-translation service is better as I've seen plugins that users can edit the site to fix them. Anyways, that's how that process works.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Why The Website and All of it's Links Working Perfectly Are So Important To Me:

1. As a Surgeon, after a long and tedious, grueling, cardio-thoracic emergency surgery that last 9+ hours - no matter what, I would make sure that the scar/incision/sutures were perfect.
Why?
2. Because that is all anyone ever sees. And that scar will be what everyone initially judges you by.
3. Bitbay.market's home page is the same.
4. People / Investors are going to know if they want to invest, or not, in the first 27 seconds of seeing our website for the very first time.
5. It doesn't matter the thousands of man hours that went into building the heart, body and soul of BAY.
6. After investigating further and downloading the Client and/or both the Wallet, people will quickly see the beauty in this project.
7. However, if even one link doesn't work while they are "checking it out"; or there are any other problems on the page, no matter how small, it can be a BIG problem for some folks who are investing their hard earned $.
8. Now is not the time to think that the non-functioning Staking Calculator is no big deal; simply because the developers know of all the back-breaking, sacrificing and painful work that has gone into making all of BAY what it is - on a deep level... because people will simply not care about something so insignificant when compared to the masterpiece before them. They will.
9. Just sayin'. Cheers.

Exactly, could not agree more!
Why The Website and All of it's Links Working Perfectly Are So Important To Me:

1. As a Surgeon, after a long and tedious, grueling, cardio-thoracic emergency surgery that last 9+ hours - no matter what, I would make sure that the scar/incision/sutures were perfect.
Why?
2. Because that is all anyone ever sees. And that scar will be what everyone initially judges you by.
3. Bitbay.market's home page is the same.
4. People / Investors are going to know if they want to invest, or not, in the first 27 seconds of seeing our website for the very first time.
5. It doesn't matter the thousands of man hours that went into building the heart, body and soul of BAY.
6. After investigating further and downloading the Client and/or both the Wallet, people will quickly see the beauty in this project.
7. However, if even one link doesn't work while they are "checking it out"; or there are any other problems on the page, no matter how small, it can be a BIG problem for some folks who are investing their hard earned $.
8. Now is not the time to think that the non-functioning Staking Calculator is no big deal; simply because the developers know of all the back-breaking, sacrificing and painful work that has gone into making all of BAY what it is - on a deep level... because people will simply not care about something so insignificant when compared to the masterpiece before them. They will.
9. Just sayin'. Cheers.
@BitBayDev / Bjorn / Craig / Shorn / Aletha & David Z:

I am sure everyone is really busy getting ready for the peg launch; however, here is something we do not want to miss:
THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE WORKING PERFECTLY.

Which means the non-working Staking Calculator should be updated or taken down - asap.

Nothing will turn off investors more, than if they come to the site and see even one tool that does not work; and the staking calculator is something everybody wants to try. God only knows why it's still up there at the top of our landing page - and not working?!?

As someone who's created websites for 22 years - removing a broken tool is really a no brainer... Jeeeez people, come on. Huh
We can fix it later; but in the meantime - take it down. We've all worked so hard on this venture; why taint it with a broken Staking Calculator we don't need anyway?

I would also update the Blog page - it should start with a positive and current article about the future of BAY & decentralized crypto-currency in 2020.

Everything else is working beautifully and looks great! Cheers.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?

As Bay transitions to the "Dynamic Peg" technology, it will be first be listed on "Latoken" Exchange. Since exchanges have to do some programming to list the new features of Bay, they will be added later. Latoken will be the first exchange listing Bay with the Dynamic Peg feature. Soon, very soon...
I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?
Even though there is no active price listed at the moment; there IS a price for BAY.
It's kinda frozen in time now at - $0.002977
You can see that listing on the BitBay Blockchain Explorer page: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/

@shaydinblue - Thanks for the potential launch update!
Cheers!
Activity: 75
Merit: 2
Yes because it is not listed in any exchange at the moment, will be in a couple of weeks on Latoken hopefully.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I was looking BitBay up on coinmarketcap this morning and see that it is no longer listed with an active price?  Anyone else?
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
On slack the team said they would make an official announcement early next week and they also mentioned a Monday launch would be best. Most people are speculating that February 24th will be the date so that there is a little time for a short campaign to raise awareness before trading goes live...
Everything seems to be working quite well in the Client!
Liquid, Reserve, Frozen, Supply, etc.

So - Anybody have any idea of when we launch back on an exchange?
We should easily be a top 40 coin when this peg launches at $0.20... And then, who knows?

We certainly have the most Feature Rich Coin (that works!) on the market:
https://bitbay.market/features/
legendary
Hi David.  Thanks for the speedy response.

I've tried sending some coins 'to the freezer', and that seems to work OK. The total of frozen coins is displayed correctly.

I don't get the concept of 'batching'.  What do you mean by consecutive stakes?  And if you do batch coins for freezing, does this simply mean sending sums of 100,000 each time to the same address, or must you create different addresses for each batch?

Can you point me to where the supply is displayed; I just can't seem to see it anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

If you are using the QT the supply is that little speedometer in the upper right. When it says 100 it's fully liquid.

When you stake, those funds are not available again until the stake matures which can take about an hour. Since to stake, you spend. Therefore if you have all of your coins in an input of 1 million and you win a block then you will not have the ability to win a stake again until that coin matures. Therefore you only need to make 10 payments each of 100k to yourself when you freeze. That ensures that when you win a block then only 100k is out pending while 900k is attempting to win another block.

You do not need to create different addresses, just make each payment for freezing of no more than 100k per payment if using the QT.

Also you can get more specific peg info from the console and see the list of commands with help. getpeginfo returns more specific info (like the current supply index)
Hi David.  Thanks for the speedy response.

I've tried sending some coins 'to the freezer', and that seems to work OK. The total of frozen coins is displayed correctly.

I don't get the concept of 'batching'.  What do you mean by consecutive stakes?  And if you do batch coins for freezing, does this simply mean sending sums of 100,000 each time to the same address, or must you create different addresses for each batch?

Can you point me to where the supply is displayed; I just can't seem to see it anywhere?

Thanks in advance.
@Cryptonaire - I can answer the "where is the supply displayed" question.
The questions about batching, consecutive stakes, etc. I will save for David.

Note: There is going to be most likely one more update after this recent one, on the Client before the Exchange launch.
David, BitBayDev or myself will post when that is available. The Exchange launch should not be far behind…

1.   To see the Supply, go to History in the Client and click on that. Two lower boxes will appear.
The lower left side box will show you: liquid, frozen, reserve and supply.
3.   The Supply reflects the total percentage of Bay that is Liquid vs. Reserve/Frozen as a reflection of the Peg voting.
The Supply percentage is the same for the total coins, as it is for everyone's individual wallet.
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
Hi David.  Thanks for the speedy response.

I don't get the concept of 'batching'.  What do you mean by consecutive stakes?  And if you do batch coins for freezing, does this simply mean sending sums of 100,000 each time to the same address, or must you create different addresses for each batch?

Thanks in advance.
legendary
@dzimbeck
@BitBayDoc

Thanks for the replies guys!  Now a few more queries:

I have downloaded v3.0.0.15-gf683d6; is this correct?  Reason I ask is that there appears to be no discernible difference from previous version.

I have a frozen balance = 0; is this simply because I have not yet voluntarily frozen anything?

Where does the supply = 100% appear?  And does it matter to me?

How do I freeze coins exactly?  Do I have to freeze ALL of my coins, or simply a number that I specify?

As for paying attention BBD, I never take my eyes off this thing.  I'm not into many crypto projects, just a handful, and BAY is my absolute favourite.  Gold-plated, diamond-studded excellence!

Sorry about all the queries, but I'm not a techie like you bods, so I need all the help I can get!  Grin

Thanks for the feedback Smiley. I didn't realize you were using QT and not Halo. In that case your version sounds correct. You won't see a frozen balance if you haven't voluntarily frozen anything(although you may see reserve coins if the supply changes). The supply appears at the top of the QT and it matters to know the supply to know the size and health of the economy in my opinion. To freeze there are options for voluntary liquid freeze (4 month lock 40 coins reward) and reserve transfer/freeze (1 month lock 20 coins reward). You simply send the coins to yourself with one of those options selected. You don't have to freeze anything if you don't want to. The reason people do it is to get a boost in staking rewards. And some people only choose to freeze a certain portion of their account. Also they choose to freeze in batches of no more than 100k per transaction/freeze so they can be ensured consecutive stakes. Since I don't think QT batches the outputs (Halo does do that for you however QT doesn't)
Quality Crypto Collector
@dzimbeck
@BitBayDoc

Thanks for the replies guys!  Now a few more queries:

I have downloaded v3.0.0.15-gf683d6; is this correct?  Reason I ask is that there appears to be no discernible difference from previous version.

I have a frozen balance = 0; is this simply because I have not yet voluntarily frozen anything?

Where does the supply = 100% appear?  And does it matter to me?

How do I freeze coins exactly?  Do I have to freeze ALL of my coins, or simply a number that I specify?

As for paying attention BBD, I never take my eyes off this thing.  I'm not into many crypto projects, just a handful, and BAY is my absolute favourite.  Gold-plated, diamond-studded excellence!

Sorry about all the queries, but I'm not a techie like you bods, so I need all the help I can get!  Grin
Any news about the latest update that was supposed to happen last week?
I have updated the client, even yesterday I posted an updated version. If that's what you were referring to? As for Latoken we are testing the main net.

I was referring to the update you said was going to fix a little error re reporting of frozen/reserved coins.  Did you post that yesterday?  I didn't see it announced anywhere.

Oh I guess we forgot to report back to Bitcointalk. That has been out for I think over a week. So sure please update the client from bitbay.market

Your frozen balance will definitely show. And also we have raised the supply to 100% so anyone who wants to freeze voluntarily to get the stake reward bonus can do so. If using Halo just remember to break for change if you have any large inputs over 100k.
@Cryptonaire - I didn't see the fix was posted either...
I recently noticed the supply was 100% (I think only a couple of days ago).
So glad you asked about it; We've been waiting for it to post. So I guess it's now posted.
Thank You for paying attention!!!
legendary
I have updated the client, even yesterday I posted an updated version. If that's what you were referring to? As for Latoken we are testing the main net.

I was referring to the update you said was going to fix a little error re reporting of frozen/reserved coins.  Did you post that yesterday?  I didn't see it announced anywhere.

Oh I guess we forgot to report back to Bitcointalk. That has been out for I think over a week. So sure please update the client from bitbay.market

Your frozen balance will definitely show. And also we have raised the supply to 100% so anyone who wants to freeze voluntarily to get the stake reward bonus can do so. If using Halo just remember to break for change if you have any large inputs over 100k.
Quality Crypto Collector

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: