Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 31. (Read 541982 times)

legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Thanks, congrats everyone.

Also to the question about freezing, Halo batch freezes for you in advanced sending. I tested it however I'm missing an API command (listfrozen) I didn't realize Yshurik split those up so the frozen balance won't show until the next update which should be in a week. Of course you can still voluntarily freeze in Halo now. We may drop supply temporarily just to test all the features but before Latoken launch there is a good chance the community will raise it to zero so the crypto world gets to see it gradually progress forward. This is up for discussion.

My thoughts were, if coins are frozen too fast then the true liquid supply may be underestimated to cause a pump over the starting floor of 20 cents or overestimated and then coins may be sold at too high of a supply burning newcomers. However if we just let the peg do its "thing" supply and demand will gradually adjust in parity with volume and liquidity. At least that's my thoughts but I think we are a guinea pig for a very new system so there may not be any way to know what the liquid supply will be until some trading happens. It's anyones guess as to if liquid supply at 20 cents is only a few million dollars or even less or more. I wouldn't be surprised if it was slightly lower than current numbers because it would match the true liquidity and volume starting out. And there is nothing wrong with that because other communities quickly see our proven stability.

But maybe it doesn't matter either way. After all, this system is designed to be protected against speculation and manipulation. The algorithm that most people will vote with doesn't "think" it just adjusts supply to match the floor. Also as a community we might want to tweak that after we see the results. I would think that in most cases the community will do what makes the most sense for their positions. Voluntary freezing for higher stake maybe also has a cursory effect.
Activity: 193
Merit: 3
Houston, this is Tranquillity Base.

The Eagle has landed!!
Boom!  And this time it's real!!! LOL
...Truly a historic moment.
Congratulations BAY Team.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Houston, this is Tranquillity Base.

The Eagle has landed!!
Only 5 blocks remaining.

Ignition sequence starts...………..
Roughly when will block 2459000 be reached?

It's happening now, in the next few hours or so. Almost at Block 2459000! Epic moment!
EPIC, Epic moment! You got that right!!!
By my estimations at a hash rate of 1.067min, we should hit 2459000 approx. 0635 PST USA.

Thank You and Congratulations to D. Zim and The BAY Team!
THEY NEVER QUIT!!!
Everyone who still owns Bay... YOU never quit!  
God Bless. Congratulations to us all.
"BE FREE" - D. Zimbeck

I would just like to add my congratulations to Mr Zimbeck and his team.  Awesome job guys!  Not long to go now.  I genuinely feel this is history in the making, a whole new chapter in the unfolding story of crypto evolution. 

It's happening now, in the next few hours or so. Almost at Block 2459000! Epic moment!
EPIC, Epic moment! You got that right!!!
By my estimations at a hash rate of 1.067min, we should hit 2459000 approx. 0635 PST USA.

Thank You and Congratulations to D. Zim and The BAY Team!
THEY NEVER QUIT!!!
Everyone who still owns Bay... YOU never quit!  
God Bless. Congratulations to us all.
"BE FREE" - D. Zimbeck
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

legendary
I'm using the latest market client (2.0). What is the difference between "Actual Balance" and "Available Balance"?

Actual balance is how many coins you have. Available balance is how many coins you can spend at that specific moment.

Things that effect your available balance:
*Coins may be reserved for contracts, so the software sets it aside
*Some coins may be set in reserve due to the peg
*Coins may be frozen due to the peg
*You might have coins coming in on a stake or on a spent transaction

For example, if you were doing a contract the software will want to set those coins aside so you don't use them for something else. This way, when a valid
offer comes the software can automatically accept it. There are many different scenarios when the software can't or doesn't want to spend certain coins.

Check the history tab and on the left hand side panel it should show you if you are staking coins, if you had pending contracts, or whatever the reason is for the discrepancy. It's possible you loaded the wallet unlocked, it found a stake, spent it and is waiting for it to confirm. A stake can take an hour or so to confirm.

Also in response to time of fork it's very possible it will be within 24-48 hours. That was our target and I think we can fork at close to 65% of the network over. Since all of our major stakers are on the right chain.
Activity: 64
Merit: 2
Thanks a bunch everybody. I will apply the Universal Solution: chill.
How do I get my coins 100% liquid for the fork tomorrow? Do nothing? How do I freeze coins in the client? Do it in batches? How?

Repost from BitBayDev (This is very important, I don't want anyone to miss it!):

As some of you already know, BitBay will be hard-forking very soon, in preparation for the release of the Dynamic Peg! If you use the Qt wallet or markets client to store your BAY, you must update to the latest version by downloading from:

https://bitbay.market/downloads

For any support with the update, please feel free to ask.

THIS IS A MANDATORY UPDATE!

(Web wallet users, your coins will be safe during the fork but please consider using the Qt wallet to help support the BitBay network.)
Posted on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:18 AMPosted by: dzimbeck
I cleared my old 1.37b/1.38 client and did a clean install of the 2.0 client. I used the menu to load the keys. Everything is synced. Less than 1% of my coins are available even though they are all visible under Actual Balance. I looked in the file "Documentation.doc" in the downloaded BitBay directory. There is no mention of the word "freeze". How do I make more coins available?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sometimes it takes a while (in my case about 5 hours) before everything was showing up. 
Do Not Panic. It will show up. It just takes time. Remember how long it took when you 1st uploaded the client? 
Basically the same thing has to happen again.

Again - don't worry about "freezing or unfreezing" coins at this point.
Just switch to the new client and chill until after the fork.

In the meantime, just keep staking and building your stack. Cheers!
How do I get my coins 100% liquid for the fork tomorrow? Do nothing? How do I freeze coins in the client? Do it in batches? How?

I don't believe anyone said the fork is tomorrow.  But it is happening soon. Not sure...
The team wants the network to have over 75% of people switched over to the new network update before doing so.
I believe it stands around 63% now (unless I am reading the Network numbers wrong), so people are switching over pretty good.

David or BitBayDev will let us know exactly when that will happen.

Basically ALL your coins will be liquid when the fork happens I do believe.
Don't worry about "freezing coins" in the client or "Doing it in batches" at this point.

Just relax and don't worry about doing a lot of stuff now.
Just sit tight and after the fork we can specifically address all your other concerns later.
In the meantime - go back to the website and review how all this works - it's all there.
I'm using the latest market client (2.0). What is the difference between "Actual Balance" and "Available Balance"?

"Actual Balance" is your TOTAL Amount of BAY.
"Available Balance" is what you have available that is not being used in staking.

Every 24 hours or so your Available Balance will equal your Actual Balance; and then the Proof of Stake (POS) algo will kick in again - IF you want to keep staking. I stake 24/7/365 for the "interest" gained in actual BAY from staking and supporting the network. Smiley
I cleared my old 1.37b/1.38 client and did a clean install of the 2.0 client. I used the menu to load the keys. Everything is synced. Less than 1% of my coins are available even though they are all visible under Actual Balance. I looked in the file "Documentation.doc" in the downloaded BitBay directory. There is no mention of the word "freeze". How do I make more coins available?

Thanks in advance for any help
FYI - I have uploaded the update to 3.0 and everything is running like clock-work. NO PROBLEMS.
"Just do a regular install, load your keys and sync." D. Zim    Boom! That's it!

Repost from BitBayDev (This is very important, I don't want anyone to miss it!):

As some of you already know, BitBay will be hard-forking very soon, in preparation for the release of the Dynamic Peg! If you use the Qt wallet or markets client to store your BAY, you must update to the latest version by downloading from:

https://bitbay.market/downloads

For any support with the update, please feel free to ask.

THIS IS A MANDATORY UPDATE!

(Web wallet users, your coins will be safe during the fork but please consider using the Qt wallet to help support the BitBay network.)
Posted on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:18 AMPosted by: dzimbeck
legendary
I'm not sure what I've done wrong but its all going a bit pear shaped.
I done the initial upgrade which was all good then I was prompted to upgrade again..then it got stuck at 2450882 at 99%.
Then I started a resync with the added new nodes and new boot strap now it stops at 40320 at 1%.
I'm thinking of uninstalling it and starting from scratch but i'm worried as ive got the wallet.dat the wallet-original.dat and I'm confused as fuck.
So David what would you do in my shoes and could you explain it in an idiot proof way as I'm shit with computers what I should do..cheers dude.

Well in Halo wallet the wallet.dat file only tracks transactions and your keys are key1.private and key2.private(only QT uses wallet.dat). Of course you can back up anything you want and should always have multiple backups of your keys. It shouldn't get stuck. However you can send your debug.log file to me via PM (that file is in bitbaydata directory). The bootstrap might not be loading properly or it could be busy doing something. You could try syncing from scratch if bootstrap isn't working for you. Even a new install is fine, if you do that just do a regular install, load your keys and sync.
Activity: 50
I'm not sure what I've done wrong but its all going a bit pear shaped.
I done the initial upgrade which was all good then I was prompted to upgrade again..then it got stuck at 2450882 at 99%.
Then I started a resync with the added new nodes and new boot strap now it stops at 40320 at 1%.
I'm thinking of uninstalling it and starting from scratch but i'm worried as ive got the wallet.dat the wallet-original.dat and I'm confused as fuck.
So David what would you do in my shoes and could you explain it in an idiot proof way as I'm shit with computers what I should do..cheers dude.

Pages:
Jump to: