Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 56. (Read 541982 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Thanks for the answer, dzimbeck.
Obviously not suitable for my target group. At least not at the moment.
That is very unfortunate.

If the project could convince a critical spirit like me, this would also succeed with thousands of my colleagues and tens of thousands of customers.
A great base for all the awesome features of Bay. Once you use the program, you want to discover it more and more.

Regarding "untraceable" Byteball "Blackbytes" are the most convincing for me. No coin known to me is more similar to cash.

*** Translations
The first impression is given by the website.
Personally it didn't appeal to me very much because of a language that I find hard to understand. Much too much text.
It also doesn't become clear who the target group should be, and so Bay is on the same level as all the other coins: great promises, missing benefits.
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Also the builds are uploading version 1.36 we will update the version number to trigger automatic update tomorrow or the next day so people can download
and test it. The Linux build is fixed and tested. Any support requests can be posted on our forums. This build has the exchange tracker so now we will start to build the demo exchange trading pairs and then probably run a testnet so people can have fun trading it while we get exchanges to adopt it.
legendary
Bay is perfect for people who cannot get a Bank or PayPal account.
Bay is needed for those who cannot qualify for a credit card, etc.
Well, almost any cryptocoin is suitable for this target group, but most likely the one who is less complex and knows how to convey the facts in a few sentences. - Bitbay therefore probably not.

Not necessarily, you need to remember we are launching a decentralized peg. This should be an advantage when it comes to alternatives to banking.
legendary
Powered by Unbreakable Smart Contracts and a Proof of Stake 3.0 cryptocurrency, BitBay enables you to buy and sell goods and services securely and anonymously, without the need for middlemen.”
Bay is private? Untraceable?
If so, comparable to Monero? ZCash? Byteball "Blackbytes"? Or even better?
If that's the case, then you should emphasize that clearly.
There is a lot to read in your articles, but I can't find this important aspect for me and my customers anywhere. Maybe I misread it or didn't understand it completely.
It's also a bit tedious because English is not my native language. - It would be helpful to orient your website in this direction. Seven listed languages are not enough.

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s once market shenanigans cease, or people decide for themselves to finally be free.
So if it doesn't work out, it's definitely others' fault.  Grin
As already mentioned: With wishful thinking the project does not get into the Top 10

This is mentioned on our section about decentralized markets. The orders are definitely not traceable but your accounts are as anonymous as Bitcoin.

We could actually make anonymous transactions much easier using Bitmessage to relay transactions too and this was a concept I had. However that still won't hide the amount. If someone wants truly anonymous TX they should go to ZCash. However, ZCash could be compromised in their "setup ceremony" where devs can create infinite coins if the private keys weren't destroyed.

The website is in some languages however the software is in almost 100 languages as it live translates from Yandex.

For anonymous TX in Bitbay for now just use proxy. And we will consider in the future Bitmessage relay.

Actually for our peg, it's probably too complex to hide amounts like Zcash as zero knowledge proofs for peg require us to carefully calculate amounts. So I'm not sure if it's possible (it might be). Would have to look at their code. For now we are focused on the launch of the peg and any future anonymous TX would be based on Bitmessage relay service which would be somewhat trivial to add and I believe has the strength of Tor or better.
Well, almost any cryptocoin is suitable for this target group, but most likely the one who is less complex and knows how to convey the facts in a few sentences. - Bitbay therefore probably not.

Activity: 193
Merit: 3
“BitBay is a suite of free-to-use, multi-platform applications including the world’s first fully-functional Decentralized Marketplace.

Powered by Unbreakable Smart Contracts and a Proof of Stake 3.0 cryptocurrency, BitBay enables you to buy and sell goods and services securely and anonymously, without the need for middlemen.”

Here are some articles to check out:

http://techcompanynews.com/bitbay-decentralized-marketplace-smart-contracting-platform-backed-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbays-smart-contracts
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-dynamic-peg-stablecoin
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-next-step-human-freedom
https://cryptodisrupt.com/bitbay-decentralized-peg-opens-door-for-stabilized-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/double-deposit-escrow

Be free.
Bay is private? Untraceable?
If so, comparable to Monero? ZCash? Byteball "Blackbytes"? Or even better?
If that's the case, then you should emphasize that clearly.
There is a lot to read in your articles, but I can't find this important aspect for me and my customers anywhere. Maybe I misread it or didn't understand it completely.
It's also a bit tedious because English is not my native language. - It would be helpful to orient your website in this direction. Seven listed languages are not enough.

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s once market shenanigans cease, or people decide for themselves to finally be free.
So if it doesn't work out, it's definitely others' fault.  Grin
As already mentioned: With wishful thinking the project does not get into the Top 10
“BitBay is a suite of free-to-use, multi-platform applications including the world’s first fully-functional Decentralized Marketplace.

Here are some articles to check out:

http://techcompanynews.com/bitbay-decentralized-marketplace-smart-contracting-platform-backed-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbays-smart-contracts
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-dynamic-peg-stablecoin
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-next-step-human-freedom
https://cryptodisrupt.com/bitbay-decentralized-peg-opens-door-for-stabilized-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/double-deposit-escrow

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s - they just need users.
That's what this is all about.

I just wanted to help, because desire alone is not enough.
Thul… Let me elaborate, because you must have BitBay mistaken with another crypto:

1.   Bay is a truly De-centralized Coin.
2.   No person or persons associated with Bay are able or want, to “target” any particular group of users.
3.   The freedom of choice for Bay users is an individual decision. It’s like being given a fork to eat with – do you use your left or right hand? That is an individual’s preferential decision, not the fork makers.
4.   Your apparent eagerness to share your opinion is interesting; but your assumption that this coins direction into regulated or deregulated markets can be influenced by any of the advisors or volunteers is simply mistaken.
5.   So… please stop suggesting anyone on this thread can “choose” in which direction Bay may go. It’s simply impossible.
@BitBayDoc

It's very simple:
If you choose the right target group for a product at the right time, this product will be a success.

So you don't have much freedom of choice if you want the product to be successful.

Apart from this hint I do not presume anything.  Wink
So you're here commenting and you haven’t used it yet … amazing.

And yes, intelligent criticism is welcome. Emphasis on intelligent.

...As David said, The Linux fix is coming – the peg took precedent, which I think is about done.
Everything else works great.

“It's about increasing the user base, and you can see that quite rightly. But that doesn't work if you focus on the wrong target group.”

Who are YOU to say who is the “wrong target group”?!? This is about freedom of choice.
You have no right to judge who is the right or wrong target group for something you did not create or have participated in.
Who made you God? Get a life.

Please – go start your own coin, the trolling is getting to be a bit of a boor.
Please do your homework before you start criticizing without deeper knowledge.
Start by reviewing the links provided by tradersnow above. Thank you.
Where do I criticize?
What I don't know I can't criticize. I'm waiting for the Bitbay market to be usable on Linux, only then can I criticize, and as I understood David, any criticism is very welcome.

It's about increasing the user base, and you can see that quite rightly. But that doesn't work if you focus on the wrong target group.
And… I must add:

Anybody that does want to participate in unregulated black markets can do the same with cash, checks, credit cards, etc., etc.
Crypto does not hold an exclusivity on potential criminality.

Those that go in that direction do so at their own peril, no matter what financial instrument they choose for the transaction.
Thul – In regards to your last comment, “But it doesn't change the fact that NOW Cryptos are mostly interesting for speculators and the participants of unregulated markets”.

OK… so here is the 1st statement on BitBay.market: