Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBox02 Experiences - page 3. (Read 611 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
February 17, 2022, 06:17:00 AM
You asked this before. In October 2021, you created a similar thread.
Back then, n0nce told you he used one and posted some feedback about it:

I have some experience with this wallet. Very easy to set up, back up, use.
App works well on all operating systems, intuitive and simple, but with enough options like different currency conversions etc.; it also works with Electrum.
Build quality is good, although the screen cover is just plastic (like all other hw wallets I've seen so far), which means if you carry it in your pocket it will scratch up fast. I hope they will fix this in the future, but unfortunately many wallets that have a larger screen, have this issue.
What's quite interesting is the password entry. It's done by tapping the case on either side in specific locations. Compared to the BB01, where the password was entered via the GUI on the host computer, this is much better since you can't write a software that tries brute-forcing it and you can't key-log it either. It's also very hard to e.g. video record (or watch) someone enter the password and properly see what they're inputting, compared to e.g. a two-button input sequence that may be spotted from a distance.
If he still uses it, he might be able to share some more info about what he thinks of it today.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
February 16, 2022, 06:39:09 PM

BitBox is a sponsor at the Bitcoin 2022 Conference this April in Miami.  I plan to go, and will take a look at their booth (and Bitbox02 as well I presume).  Miami Ref: https://b.tc/conference

Have any of you had the chance to use BitBox02 (whether the Bitcoin only version or the multi-currency one)?

(I have used Trezor Model 2 and Ledger S, I prefer the Trezor)
Pages:
Jump to: