Pages:
Author

Topic: BITBURNER FURY Technical discussion - page 2. (Read 18264 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 28, 2014, 06:31:17 PM
hey guys,  got my miner today, i had my pi setup and ready
im at the stage now of entering the command
"./autogen.sh –enable-avalon"

after following these instructions: https://www.asic-hardware.com/assembly-instructions-part-2/

but each time it gets the the 3rd or 4th chip im guessing its trying to configure it keeps failing, may there be a problem with the board or is anyone able to point me in thr giht direction?

here is where it is failing:

i have tried updating the firmware, deleting cg miner and re installing it to try and re build but nothing seems to be working

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

phatchance.

Isn't it "--enable-avalon" rather than "-enable-avalon" (i.e. two hyphens at the start rather than one?)

scotjam

It is --enable-avalon, got stuck too..thx a lot
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
March 11, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

after following these instructions: https://www.asic-hardware.com/assembly-instructions-part-2/

but each time it gets the the 3rd or 4th chip im guessing its trying to configure it keeps failing, may there be a problem with the board or is anyone able to point me in thr giht direction?

i have tried updating the firmware, deleting cg miner and re installing it to try and re build but nothing seems to be working

phatchance.

Isn't it "--enable-avalon" rather than "-enable-avalon" (i.e. two hyphens at the start rather than one?)

scotjam
Activity: 134
March 11, 2014, 05:53:25 PM
I have found the fuse.

Activity: 134
March 11, 2014, 05:46:13 PM
I purchased 3 bitburner bitfury boards in an ebay auction.  The seller packaged them poorly and one board was damaged in shipping (inductor and capacitor knocked off).  I purchased and successfully installed new components for the busted board which for me was fun and an adventure as I have not used my electrical engineering workstation in years. 

Then, like a total dumb-ass, I managed to cross power lines to one of the other previously working boards.  It received reverse 12V long enough to pop the internal circuit breaker in the power supply (1-2 seconds) afterwhich I noticed the problem and corrected the wiring.  Now I have this board which does not power up (no lights, no response).  I am looking for a fuse or something obvious that I can replace.  However, since the board is on the bottom of the stack, I have not taken the time to disassemble and more closely inspect.  I ended up after the exercise with a net zero hashrate change-- as I ended up breaking while repairing a board. 

Can anyone provide any guidance or pointers on what I might have burnt out?
Activity: 327
March 05, 2014, 08:19:37 PM
I have 4 out of 8 boards that have issues. 3 of them simply do not turn on anymore. My best guess is the fuse on them are blown, but the photos/documentation on these specific boards are not very descriptive and I do not have the proper tools and do not have enough confidence in my soldering to tackle it myself. One of the 5 hashing boards has a raised chip, but manages to hash at ~13-14Gh/s. And to add to the issues, 4 of them have broken USB ports.

Does anyone have experience working on these boards? And if so, what kind of turnaround time can you anticipate given the problems that I described. Let me know if you can help, at worst, I would be willing to sell the stack of 8 for BTC2 if you are interested. I have a reliable/reputable escrow person(s) who we can work with and I have successful transactions with other members of this forum.

I am located in Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks,

J
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 05, 2014, 06:42:57 PM

That first minus sign looks longer than the second one, maybe it's a different ASCI character?

–enable-avalon

try

-enable-avalon or --enable-avalon
Activity: 269
March 05, 2014, 06:01:28 PM
buy one with a port and canbus cable and link the two

Or sell the broken one to someone who already has one and a canbus; selling mining hardware is often much more profitable than running it

scotjam
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 03, 2014, 09:44:04 PM

http://s23.postimg.org/l4ngdbs5z/013f79b1_3b87_4a81_936f_68075805c6ed.jpg

phatchance.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
January 23, 2014, 12:04:28 PM

Thanks -- I was afraid of that. If anyone's selling one at a decent price...

I can sell you one with canbus and working usb
Price is 1 BTC
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
January 22, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

Thanks -- I was afraid of that. If anyone's selling one at a decent price...
Activity: 583
January 21, 2014, 05:01:05 PM
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
January 21, 2014, 04:25:08 PM
I have one Bitburner Fury which has been running fine for months, but the USB port finally snapped off. What are my options, if any?
Activity: 362
January 15, 2014, 12:44:40 AM
Wow I have the old firmware boards and get about 4-8 weeks of stability on two 4-board stacks connected to a single Pi running MinePeon with and updated cgminer 3.8.1...
(1300W gold supply)

Gettin 385GH average...

I do notice the minepeon load is 0.8 and I had to play with things a bit in the beginning to get it all stable but it was definitely worth it!

what frequency/voltage are they running?
Activity: 472
January 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM
Wow I have the old firmware boards and get about 4-8 weeks of stability on two 4-board stacks connected to a single Pi running MinePeon with and updated cgminer 3.8.1...
(1300W gold supply)

Gettin 385GH average...

I do notice the minepeon load is 0.8 and I had to play with things a bit in the beginning to get it all stable but it was definitely worth it!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
January 14, 2014, 03:37:11 PM
I used to have it set up that way, but CANBUS is way too flakey to run reliably with 8 boards chained. I'll give it a try again.
Did you had proper termination on both sides of the canbus ?
(and the jumpers in the right direction)
Activity: 546
January 14, 2014, 11:39:30 AM
Lots and lots of USB errors:

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:
 [2014-01-13 16:49:12] BTB 4 usb transfer read error(-1): LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Performance is also signficantly worse, at about 325GH/s (about a 50GH/s drop).

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

I believe it's a problem with the raspberry pi design. I don't know if they ever fixed it on later models but it had a known USB issues. The official response was that it was a power supply issue. See: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12097

An alternative some are using is a TP-Link router with OpenWRT. See: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

Also make sure you never use a USB1 hub. It may work for a while but it will cause random USB issues because of how slow it is.

This makes sense. I've heard about the power issues and I went and found a power adaptor with the highest current rating I could find. I should double-check my pis. One is working a lot better than the other. I wonder if that one has the better adaptor. I'm also using powered USB hubs, but maybe thats not enough.
January 14, 2014, 11:31:58 AM

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

You are using sudo -i?

sudo, but not with -i. Will that help?
January 14, 2014, 11:30:43 AM
Have you tried to connect all to the CANBUS and only have one USB connection to the Raspberry ?
In this setup, the Raspberry is doing less work and that might improve the throughput.

I had 3 stacks of 8 BitBurner XX boards(I know, the old ones) each working perfectly fine with a Raspberry.

I used to have it set up that way, but CANBUS is way too flakey to run reliably with 8 boards chained. I'll give it a try again.

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
January 14, 2014, 02:31:49 AM
Have you tried to connect all to the CANBUS and only have one USB connection to the Raspberry ?
In this setup, the Raspberry is doing less work and that might improve the throughput.

I had 3 stacks of 8 BitBurner XX boards(I know, the old ones) each working perfectly fine with a Raspberry.
Activity: 190
January 13, 2014, 10:18:24 PM

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

You are using sudo -i?
Pages:
Jump to: