Pages:
Author

Topic: BITBURNER FURY Technical discussion - page 8. (Read 18264 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
November 10, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
cryptx, I PM you about one of the board I won from auction die suddenly. No LED, no power to fan. Please respond or I got $1000 paper weight only after 3 days of hashing   Shocked

cryptx it seems that my 2 boards refuse to hash chained together. Only the board that has the USB cable is hashing.

And what's with the power leakage??? If i touch my micro-USB cable to the micro-USB jack from the board i get mini sparkles. THAT CAN'T BE GOOD! Advice?

Try the older firmware BitBurnerFury_08.10.13.hex, it fix that problem for me.

Where do i get it? I only see BitBurnerFury_for_bootloader.hex on his website.

They're the same firmware.

Tried to use that, but i only get firmware erased and nothing else happens. If i use bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6_BBF then it works normal.  By the way i'm having Bitdefender and i get PIC32UBL.exe deleted by the antivirus and then it blocks me from copying to that location again. Any suggestions?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 09:32:37 AM
cryptx, I PM you about one of the board I won from auction die suddenly. No LED, no power to fan. Please respond or I got $1000 paper weight only after 3 days of hashing   Shocked

cryptx it seems that my 2 boards refuse to hash chained together. Only the board that has the USB cable is hashing.

And what's with the power leakage??? If i touch my micro-USB cable to the micro-USB jack from the board i get mini sparkles. THAT CAN'T BE GOOD! Advice?

They're the same firmware.

legendary
November 10, 2013, 09:28:11 AM

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 08:48:23 AM

Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
November 09, 2013, 10:39:02 AM
When I look closer to the accepted shares / HW errors ratio I've noticed that accepted shares are calculated based on target pools difficulty, ie. A: 127 HW:1
Does that mean that in that case my hardware errors ratio is  50%. using cgminer 3.6.6 and BBF newest firmware.
Activity: 269
November 08, 2013, 05:23:25 PM
Hello guys, can you please tell me how to install these boards on Windows? Where to find drivers?

google zadig drivers. then options>list all devices and install

When I did that, the driver seemed to install but didn't work properly in cgminer the first time (connected to the pool but wouldn't actually mine). So I had to go into device manager, uninstall the bitburner driver, reboot, install driver again in zadig (this time it wasn't recognised properly - "unknown device" or something like that), uninstall again in device manager, reboot again and then I was able to install the bitburner driver again in zadig and it worked.

TL;DR - you might need to be patient and fiddle with it to get it to work. Good luck!

Best

scotjam
legendary
November 08, 2013, 01:07:19 PM
Hello guys, can you please tell me how to install these boards on Windows? Where to find drivers?

google zadig drivers. then options>list all devices and install
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
November 08, 2013, 10:04:42 AM
legendary
November 07, 2013, 01:37:26 PM

November 04, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

So while I'm waiting for the courier pick-up, I've been fiddling with zadig, uninstalling drivers for unknown usb device in device manager, running zadig again etc and eventually I got it working. Bizarrely using the same settings as I had been using on the raspberry pi (getting 46-48 GH/s), got me about 48-51 GH/s when I was running on a full desktop on windows 7 and the standard cgminer 3.60 build.

My settings were:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool details] -u [pool username] -p [pool password] --avalon-options 115200:32:10:47:260 --bitburner-voltage 1300

Can you please elaborate how to get them running under windows?
what actually should we do with zadig?

You will need to install a winusb driver using "zadig" which can be downloaded from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/

I tested this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z/download

You run zadig and choose list all devices from the menu. Select Bitburner, then install the winusb driver. For me, this didn't completely work the first time, so I had to go into device manager, uninstall the "bitburner" driver in the USB section, and then restart, and then go to device manager, remove the "unknown device" driver from the USB section, run zadig again, and install the winusb driver.

Bitburner will only show up on the list in zadig when you have the Bitburner board plugged in.

Does that help?

Best

scotjam
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
November 04, 2013, 05:54:47 PM

So while I'm waiting for the courier pick-up, I've been fiddling with zadig, uninstalling drivers for unknown usb device in device manager, running zadig again etc and eventually I got it working. Bizarrely using the same settings as I had been using on the raspberry pi (getting 46-48 GH/s), got me about 48-51 GH/s when I was running on a full desktop on windows 7 and the standard cgminer 3.60 build.

My settings were:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool details] -u [pool username] -p [pool password] --avalon-options 115200:32:10:47:260 --bitburner-voltage 1300

Can you please elaborate how to get them running under windows?
what actually should we do with zadig?
November 04, 2013, 03:57:15 PM
Looking forward to getting my unit - hopefully soon Smiley

thanks for the tip scotjam, i'll try that on my windows vm running my gear Smiley

No worries - I hope it actually helps someone; for me the higher rate didn't last long because my livingroom is too hot so I had to go back to using raspberry pi shortly after my post above.

scotjam
November 04, 2013, 02:14:50 PM
Cryptx,

I have one board that is only hashing at ~12Gh/s, I tried upgrading the firmware, CANBUS chaining it to another board, and a variety of cgminer versions, nothing changes. Of the 4 boards I received, 3 hash all at around 45-50Gh/s depending on my settings, with a 4th 'dumb' board only hashing at a measly ~12Gh/s (maybe faulty chips?)

I emailed you twice in the past two weeks, but still no response back. I received the hashrate protection after emailing you once before (thank you for keeping your word on that), however since this board is WELL below the 40Gh/s minimum advertised, I would at least want a refund for the value of 3/4ths of the ~700 Euro I paid for the faulty board. Please help me rectify this asap. Otherwise, the boards are working well, even though I don't even know how you could even go above ~52Gh/s per board without it becoming a fire hazard and frying the chips.

Can you sent me an email to [email protected]? Thx
Activity: 327
November 04, 2013, 02:12:28 PM
Cryptx,

I have one board that is only hashing at ~12Gh/s, I tried upgrading the firmware, CANBUS chaining it to another board, and a variety of cgminer versions, nothing changes. Of the 4 boards I received, 3 hash all at around 45-50Gh/s depending on my settings, with a 4th 'dumb' board only hashing at a measly ~12Gh/s (maybe faulty chips?)

I emailed you twice in the past two weeks, but still no response back. I received the hashrate protection after emailing you once before (thank you for keeping your word on that), however since this board is WELL below the 40Gh/s minimum advertised, I would at least want a refund for the value of 3/4ths of the ~700 Euro I paid for the faulty board. Please help me rectify this asap. Otherwise, the boards are working well, even though I don't even know how you could even go above ~52Gh/s per board without it becoming a fire hazard and frying the chips.
Activity: 457
November 04, 2013, 08:07:17 AM
Looking forward to getting my unit - hopefully soon Smiley

thanks for the tip scotjam, i'll try that on my windows vm running my gear Smiley
November 04, 2013, 07:39:28 AM
I have one of these that I've just sold. I had been running it on a raspberry pi and getting 46-48 GH/s, but my buyer wanted to know if it ran on windows (to save him ordering additional hardware).

My settings were:

This is using my bitburner fury with the firmware "as shipped", i.e. I have never updated it.

Not sure why the host should make any difference to hashrate, and not sure if it's a difference caused by OS or by hardware (desktop vs raspberry pi).

I just thought that this might be useful to others who have low hashrates on raspberry pi - I would have posted it in the "bitburner fury hashrate protection" thread, where most of the bitburner fury knowledge has ended up, but it has been locked.

Best

scotjam

November 04, 2013, 06:34:24 AM
Screenshot 8 boards:

November 04, 2013, 06:33:24 AM
Screenshot 2 boards:

Pages:
Jump to: