Pages:
Author

Topic: BITBURNER FURY Technical discussion - page 3. (Read 18264 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
January 13, 2014, 06:27:19 PM
Lots and lots of USB errors:

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:
 [2014-01-13 16:49:12] BTB 4 usb transfer read error(-1): LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Performance is also signficantly worse, at about 325GH/s (about a 50GH/s drop).

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

I believe it's a problem with the raspberry pi design. I don't know if they ever fixed it on later models but it had a known USB issues. The official response was that it was a power supply issue. See: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12097

An alternative some are using is a TP-Link router with OpenWRT. See: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

Also make sure you never use a USB1 hub. It may work for a while but it will cause random USB issues because of how slow it is.
Activity: 546
January 13, 2014, 05:52:12 PM
Lots and lots of USB errors:

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:
 [2014-01-13 16:49:12] BTB 4 usb transfer read error(-1): LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Performance is also signficantly worse, at about 325GH/s (about a 50GH/s drop).

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
January 10, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
So what's the chance of the developers talking to Luke-Jr about bfgminer support for these boards?  Huh

I really dislike cgminer, and I'm dumbfounded that whoever it is behind these boards haven't talked to Luke-Jr.  WTF is up with that?
Activity: 563
December 22, 2013, 09:51:16 AM
cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:80 -u zulover_bitzu2 -p x
--bitburner-fury-options 115200:128:10:45:280 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1100

At the risk of stating the obvious: I presume you don't actually have it over two lines like that in the batch file?  It needs to be all on one long line, otherwise the options on the second line will be ignored.

roy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 21, 2013, 09:26:12 PM
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

ANY contact will be great
thanks

i'll 2nd that request.  1 of my 12 has never powered up. fuse is blown (likely before i ever received it).  would like to try to get it hashing while its still worth it.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
December 21, 2013, 06:11:45 PM
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

thanks

What's the problem with your boards?

Just seen tha date of your post.... Are you the one who sold em on ebay?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 08:34:32 AM
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

thanks
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 01:52:35 AM
does the raspberry pi they send with the boards have software on it ready to mine with?

Nope, my rasp pi card loaded with NOOBS.
Activity: 583
November 29, 2013, 02:38:02 PM
does the raspberry pi they send with the boards have software on it ready to mine with?

November 29, 2013, 11:52:22 AM
i cant overclock or overvault, everytime i change the bat file it just reads out the default values on cgminer at the start.flashed with the latest BBF.hex

any explanations? running cgminer3.8.2 win7

checked the cgminer.conf? all the config values can sit in there too...

what parameters are you using to start cgminer? please c&p

i deleted the config file. use the following settingd in the BAT file

cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:80 -u zulover_bitzu2 -p x
--bitburner-fury-options 115200:128:10:45:280 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1100

but the frequecy is always 256 and 900mv, no matter what values i change it to in the BAT file. even when i flash back to BTB cant change settings. recently just managed some success by flashing back and using cgminer-nogpu from cgminer 3.5.0, setting the values in the shortcut properties add target like inthe following thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.280 following rages instruction.

it was a single board and it ran up to 51ghs fine, then i connected back the canbus but only 3 boards out of the cluster ran at that same speed.

so thats where i am. have a 100watt pse and a 750 and 850 for the 16 boaards.
November 28, 2013, 08:01:51 AM
bbf firmware = --bitburner-fury-voltage
bfb firmware = --bitburner-voltage

and

bbf firmware = Voltage between 900 and 1100
btb firmware = Voltage between 1200 and 1400 (a correction of +300mv is necessary)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
November 28, 2013, 07:43:02 AM
Did anyone see any improvements after flashing bitburner fury firmware ? Thanks a lot
Pug
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 28, 2013, 07:32:01 AM
-
November 28, 2013, 07:16:23 AM
i cant overclock or overvault, everytime i change the bat file it just reads out the default values on cgminer at the start.flashed with the latest BBF.hex

checked the cgminer.conf? all the config values can sit in there too...

what parameters are you using to start cgminer? please c&p
November 27, 2013, 08:03:30 PM

November 27, 2013, 06:04:26 PM
Anyone running odd numbers of bitburners?

I have 7 miners and I'm wondering if I can chain them like such:  x2, x2, x3

Anyone running a similar setup? Are you using more than one CGminer?  Right now I'm running them all as separate miners (each one has usb plugged in)

What I don't want is 2 different cgminer windows. My pi is running on overdrive already!

I think its possible to run any number (at least up to Cool on one stack. I ran 3 connected by CAN-BUS. Just make sure the BUS is properly terminated.
Why not stacking all 7 together with one CAN-BUS cable?

yes i ran odd number also
November 27, 2013, 06:04:01 PM
when i had this problem i just unhook the power connector while cgminer was on and reconnected it and it started hashing. i had 2 boards like that also without the usb.

Man! That was the right hint. Somehow I never tried to power cycle the board WHILE cgminer was running... All 4 boards are running now.

You deserve my bounty of 30$ in BTC. Wanna send me an address?

rgds,
dego

im cool you helped me just returnin the favor.

thanks
November 27, 2013, 05:54:46 PM
Anyone running odd numbers of bitburners?

I have 7 miners and I'm wondering if I can chain them like such:  x2, x2, x3

Anyone running a similar setup? Are you using more than one CGminer?  Right now I'm running them all as separate miners (each one has usb plugged in)

What I don't want is 2 different cgminer windows. My pi is running on overdrive already!

I think its possible to run any number (at least up to Cool on one stack. I ran 3 connected by CAN-BUS. Just make sure the BUS is properly terminated.
Why not stacking all 7 together with one CAN-BUS cable?
November 27, 2013, 05:35:51 PM
when i had this problem i just unhook the power connector while cgminer was on and reconnected it and it started hashing. i had 2 boards like that also without the usb.

Man! That was the right hint. Somehow I never tried to power cycle the board WHILE cgminer was running... All 4 boards are running now.

You deserve my bounty of 30$ in BTC. Wanna send me an address?

rgds,
dego
November 27, 2013, 05:04:57 PM
Now I also have a problem with one Bitburner Fury out of a stack of 4. It's the only board lacking a Micro USB connector (broken). And its not hashing anymore (It did before). LED is blinking green and yellow, but never red. The other boards are delivering 50Ghs.

As it didn't work at all (tried restarting, power cycling, other order of connecting it to the CAN) I flashed the boards with a Pickit3. My first try with the firmware BitBurnerFury_for_bootloader.hex was not successful, the board didn't blink at all after programming it. In my second try, I used BitBurnerFury_for_production.hex and it worked out. Now the board is blinking again, but still not mining. I know that the other three boards all have BitBurnerFury_for_bootloader.hex.

What could be the problem?

- That the firmware of the board without connector is different?
- How can that be solved?
- Is there other firmware that can be flashed with the Pickit3 than the production firmware?

The first hint leading to solve the problem will be awarded 30$ worth of Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to: