Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 12. (Read 22728 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 12, 2015, 12:46:05 PM
be wise, investing in bitcoin isnt that simple i guess
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
August 12, 2015, 12:16:26 PM
Well everyones right answer would be diversify, but the question is how much money do you even have to begin with?

You cant be really helping yourself if you diversify only a small principal amount.

That is why people talk about "percentages".
The amount does not matter, what matters is the proportion of your surplus/net worth you invest in Bitcoin.
I think the amount is as important but percentage is important too for example if u invest one hundred percent of your asset then you are entering a risky game
Activity: 602
August 12, 2015, 11:16:23 AM
I wouldn't keep my savings as bitcoin because nobody knows if there will be any bitcoins in use 10 years later.

10 years later, we may remember bitcoin as a pump&dump scam, who knows?

You could say the same about fiat. And don't say it wont happen because there are plenty of currencies that have collapsed and even strong ones like the dollar and pound lose a lot of it's value with peoples lifetime, so maybe bitcoin could be a good retirement plan, especially if it rises considerably while fiat inevitable plummets.
this will certainly be the case in the future as the demand for bitcoin arises , it's value does too as for the fiat , well if the demand decreases which I believe will be , then they can lose value , maybe not disappear but

have less value instead
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 12, 2015, 10:53:37 AM
Nah man, you cannot say that for US Dollars. Pease don't be delusional. Please. It is USD we re talking about. Any other currency? Yes they all can blow up. USD? no.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
August 12, 2015, 10:51:27 AM
I wouldn't keep my savings as bitcoin because nobody knows if there will be any bitcoins in use 10 years later.

You could say the same about fiat. And don't say it wont happen because there are plenty of currencies that have collapsed and even strong ones like the dollar and pound lose a lot of it's value with peoples lifetime, so maybe bitcoin could be a good retirement plan, especially if it rises considerably while fiat inevitable plummets.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 12, 2015, 10:43:59 AM

Activity: 602
August 12, 2015, 10:41:43 AM
By watching your confidence I can risk some amount of my Bitcoin into these projects.

But there is a huge risk that these altcoins will fail like all others and I'll be one of those bagholders.
I think using bitcoins mainly on projects is more safe than other's even though many other altcoins failed but that was maybe due to the fact that they tried to emulate bitcoin instead of bringing in something new to the

table instead
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
August 12, 2015, 09:19:10 AM
I`d throw in some NXT, Monero and DASH aswell into that retirement portfolio.

Btc is good, but NXT and Monero has much more ROI%.

If NXT hits it right, then it can single handedly generate your pension!
By watching your confidence I can risk some amount of my Bitcoin into these projects.

But there is a huge risk that these altcoins will fail like all others and I'll be one of those bagholders.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 12, 2015, 09:07:57 AM
I`d throw in some NXT, Monero and DASH aswell into that retirement portfolio.

Btc is good, but NXT and Monero has much more ROI%.

If NXT hits it right, then it can single handedly generate your pension!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
August 12, 2015, 02:53:19 AM
Personally I think it would be a great idea to keep some money in bitcoin for retirement. By that age I think bitcoin could be worth many times what it is now. Keeping the other half in fiat would be advisable too but we all know money depreciated drastically especially when they keep printing more and more of it.

Yeah keeping some money in bitcoins is a great idea, as we never know what value its going to reach in the future, and rest of the money would be diversified and invest in gold, as gold can also be a good investment product in the future giving some good returns on the investment.
Nah.
Gold is currently stable and not volatile.
But Bitcoin is much volatile as currently it is not majorly accepted by the world.
So if we want good returns over investment, then we can look out for Bitcoins as after wide acceptance it's value will definitely increase as there will be just 21 million Bitcoins.

Id side with gold as well over bitcoin.

I mean bitcoin is fun and exciting, but the not sexy stuff like gold keeps me sane and not turn insane like bitcoin and its volatility being everyday influenced with simple reddit threads or some other outside elements.

And the fact that gold held value for the last couple of centuries, that's sexy indeed. Right now, due to the commotion happening with the censorship and consensus, I'll bet hard on gold and silver and return to bitcoin once the dust is settled.

for this reason they are not really comparable, i want to say that bitcoin is still very young and still need to prove that its stable, unlike gold which is very ancient and has proven everything

the real comparison must be done between bitcoin now and gold in its infancy, i'm sure that gold wasn't so stable back then...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 11, 2015, 08:28:53 PM
Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now way too risky!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 11, 2015, 07:15:00 PM
It's the easiest and quickest earning job

You dont seem to know how bitcoin is earned do you...

It takes "time" to earn it for free as most people assume and its not easy as it sounds. Unless you are referring to gambling to make it a job and you win 90% of your games.

Bitcoin isnt a job.. and people who think like that are a bit confused.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 11, 2015, 06:00:37 PM
If I really had to determine a qualified retirement account, id have more something that can make me a passive monthly base income.

At the same time a small portion though would be in bitcoin for future profits to grow my retirement passive income.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
August 11, 2015, 03:58:40 PM
Personally I think it would be a great idea to keep some money in bitcoin for retirement. By that age I think bitcoin could be worth many times what it is now. Keeping the other half in fiat would be advisable too but we all know money depreciated drastically especially when they keep printing more and more of it.

Yeah keeping some money in bitcoins is a great idea, as we never know what value its going to reach in the future, and rest of the money would be diversified and invest in gold, as gold can also be a good investment product in the future giving some good returns on the investment.
Nah.
But Bitcoin is much volatile as currently it is not majorly accepted by the world.
So if we want good returns over investment, then we can look out for Bitcoins as after wide acceptance it's value will definitely increase as there will be just 21 million Bitcoins.

I mean bitcoin is fun and exciting, but the not sexy stuff like gold keeps me sane and not turn insane like bitcoin and its volatility being everyday influenced with simple reddit threads or some other outside elements.

And the fact that gold held value for the last couple of centuries, that's sexy indeed. Right now, due to the commotion happening with the censorship and consensus, I'll bet hard on gold and silver and return to bitcoin once the dust is settled.
Activity: 826
August 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Nah.

Activity: 994
PUGG.io
August 11, 2015, 01:17:54 PM

Nah.
Activity: 784
August 06, 2015, 09:28:38 AM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 02, 2015, 12:47:23 PM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

Good idea. But if during this period appear a very good option to invest that bitcoins what must to do? It is better to use your option or the normal one when the bitcoin can be stored in an normal wallet when can be managed by the interested person in the way he think must be the best? I am for the second. I am able to not spend my bitcoin in vain and to save them only for the safest investment. So why don't use my own normal wallet?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 02, 2015, 12:39:32 PM
legendary
Activity: 1232
August 02, 2015, 11:57:37 AM
Bitcoin as a Retirement Account. I think that's a good idea  and if Bitcoin is a long-term success in 10+ years it will be a better a retirement No fees, no age restrictions, etc

It is definitely a good idea to have a bitcoin as a retirement account, as we predict and we hope that the value of bitcoin will be much higher in coming 10 to 15 years and the most important thing is how much bitcoin you hold or you plan to have in your wallet at the age of retirement is also important.If the value reaches to the moon then even 10 BTC is good value to hold.

Bitcoin should be an additional retirement account.
If it clicks, you lead a luxurious life.
If it doesn't, then it shouldn't matter.
Pages:
Jump to: