Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 13. (Read 22728 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 02, 2015, 02:02:49 AM
Bitcoin as a Retirement Account. I think that's a good idea  and if Bitcoin is a long-term success in 10+ years it will be a better a retirement No fees, no age restrictions, etc

It is definitely a good idea to have a bitcoin as a retirement account, as we predict and we hope that the value of bitcoin will be much higher in coming 10 to 15 years and the most important thing is how much bitcoin you hold or you plan to have in your wallet at the age of retirement is also important.If the value reaches to the moon then even 10 BTC is good value to hold.

And if things don't work out for bitcoin and your dream of earning millions by doing nothing except buying a coin doesn't happen in real life, will you be able to live with peace and a clear conscience with your retirement full of crypto currency which won't be worth shit. Yeah man, good luck with that. I just gave a thought about it and I'm not sure I will rely on any cryptocurrency for retirement.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
August 01, 2015, 08:18:07 PM
Bitcoin as a Retirement Account. I think that's a good idea  and if Bitcoin is a long-term success in 10+ years it will be a better a retirement No fees, no age restrictions, etc

It is definitely a good idea to have a bitcoin as a retirement account, as we predict and we hope that the value of bitcoin will be much higher in coming 10 to 15 years and the most important thing is how much bitcoin you hold or you plan to have in your wallet at the age of retirement is also important.If the value reaches to the moon then even 10 BTC is good value to hold.
Activity: 1005
July 30, 2015, 10:48:05 PM
Activity: 784
July 29, 2015, 07:15:06 PM
Locking funds till you reach the retirement age. That's risky and safe at the same time. Why would anyone want to to lock the funds , if he/ she cannot use it in the times of need. But yeah in a way , a future planning is happening.

But that's exactly what pretty much what everyone does as a retirement account or with their pension for example. People save because they need to as when they retire they wont have any money otherwise. Sure, keeping your money in bitcoin is risky but so is keeping it in a pension or in your bank in some cases. I think putting some money into bitcoin could pay dividends by the time you retire but nothing is guarnteed.

Nothing is guaranteed that is for sure But having bitcoin as a retirement account is an good idea as you can withdraw your bitcoins whenever you need. I think it is better then the pension plans or fixed deposits where you have locking period and you cannot withdraw unless it gets matured and if you withdraw when it is pre-mature then banks charges heavily on it.

Having bitcoin as a retirement is good if you hold much of bitcoin, with a low bitcoin I dont think this is a good idea. There is too many things that need to be implemented in bitcoin and all of this need mass adoption. Although you got bitcoin but there are no adoption, this will just stay the same and bitcoin will go nowhere

ya that's true. If you have it as an retirement account that totally depends on the number of bitcoins you hold. If you have good number of bitcoins then your retirement period would be wealthy and rich and you don't have to depend on any other investment products.
bitcoin as a Retirement Account  Would definitely  Certain risk is involved as we don't know what's the future of Bitcoin but still I am sure that bitcoin will going up.

Risk is involved in each and every investment you make, whether gold, stocks, or bitcoins but as bitcoin is highly volatile it can give us the best returns in the future, again nothing is sure but if we are lucky its volatility works in the positive way then it can make us rich.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
July 29, 2015, 04:54:03 PM
This is wrong, although you got some solid retirement that will make you wealthy enough, you still need others investments too like insurance to make your life better. Doesnt mean that if you have all of money you will stop right there, because people never satisfied to what they have now and they will earn more and more just to having a great life
Not all people like that, its only for a person who never enjoy his life, spend most of his time to work and get money. Well it depends on you, you will enjoy your life when you have retired or you will never give up to beat Bill Gates wealth.

Exactly it is totally depended on an individual that what retirement life he is looking for??

If he has not planned anything for his retirement at the initial stage then he will keep on working even after he gets retired. So it is better to plan at the initial stage and I have also seen many people who works even after getting retired. But that is just for fun and extra income and again that is an individual decision.

Check out Bitnation

They offer decentralized, blockchain, transparent retirement plans.

Fuck the bankster version ones, they will be stolen one day.

Why would you trust someone else over yourself if you are considering making a Retirement plan? Isn't it better to make one for yourself.
Now you have an option to avoid all interventions from a third party, so i don't see the point in spoiling it. Save by yourself, decide for yourself, that's how i see it.

cheers

Probably because as humans, we are very funny in the nature. We can honor up an agreement much easier if we agree on to something with somebody else on the exterior.

But if we just say I will put 0.1 BTC monthly in my retirement cold wallet, I guess it will be just much harder to honor that than if we sign some kind of contract and we promise to do this toward the third party.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
July 29, 2015, 04:30:00 PM
This is wrong, although you got some solid retirement that will make you wealthy enough, you still need others investments too like insurance to make your life better. Doesnt mean that if you have all of money you will stop right there, because people never satisfied to what they have now and they will earn more and more just to having a great life
Not all people like that, its only for a person who never enjoy his life, spend most of his time to work and get money. Well it depends on you, you will enjoy your life when you have retired or you will never give up to beat Bill Gates wealth.

Exactly it is totally depended on an individual that what retirement life he is looking for??

If he has not planned anything for his retirement at the initial stage then he will keep on working even after he gets retired. So it is better to plan at the initial stage and I have also seen many people who works even after getting retired. But that is just for fun and extra income and again that is an individual decision.

Check out Bitnation

Why would you trust someone else over yourself if you are considering making a Retirement plan? Isn't it better to make one for yourself.
Now you have an option to avoid all interventions from a third party, so i don't see the point in spoiling it. Save by yourself, decide for yourself, that's how i see it.

cheers
Activity: 249
July 29, 2015, 04:25:05 PM
Locking funds till you reach the retirement age. That's risky and safe at the same time. Why would anyone want to to lock the funds , if he/ she cannot use it in the times of need. But yeah in a way , a future planning is happening.

But that's exactly what pretty much what everyone does as a retirement account or with their pension for example. People save because they need to as when they retire they wont have any money otherwise. Sure, keeping your money in bitcoin is risky but so is keeping it in a pension or in your bank in some cases. I think putting some money into bitcoin could pay dividends by the time you retire but nothing is guarnteed.

Nothing is guaranteed that is for sure But having bitcoin as a retirement account is an good idea as you can withdraw your bitcoins whenever you need. I think it is better then the pension plans or fixed deposits where you have locking period and you cannot withdraw unless it gets matured and if you withdraw when it is pre-mature then banks charges heavily on it.

Having bitcoin as a retirement is good if you hold much of bitcoin, with a low bitcoin I dont think this is a good idea. There is too many things that need to be implemented in bitcoin and all of this need mass adoption. Although you got bitcoin but there are no adoption, this will just stay the same and bitcoin will go nowhere

ya that's true. If you have it as an retirement account that totally depends on the number of bitcoins you hold. If you have good number of bitcoins then your retirement period would be wealthy and rich and you don't have to depend on any other investment products.
bitcoin as a Retirement Account  Would definitely  Certain risk is involved as we don't know what's the future of Bitcoin but still I am sure that bitcoin will going up.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
July 27, 2015, 06:25:17 PM
You can already get paid in BTC and have the account frozen until X time passes.
I think it's best to just learn how to control yourself and play a bit with the price when you feel like we are at an obvious bubble, so you can sell and buy back cheaper.
It's the only way to make it, just waiting will not cut it unless you already got tons of BTC.
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
July 27, 2015, 01:33:15 PM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
Nice idea.
I hope it will be of a great fortune.
How much do you transfer to this account on a regular basis?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 25, 2015, 04:54:38 AM

Check out Bitnation

Activity: 952
July 21, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
July 18, 2015, 12:51:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
July 18, 2015, 01:58:25 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 17, 2015, 01:44:50 PM
hmm nice idea , i will do that soon.
spare some income every month to bitcoin and keep that for couple years.
maybe it will worth alot in the future , or that will great legacy to my sons  Grin
but that can happen if bitcoin still worth in the future.

I have a gut feeling that bitcoin will be worth 10x, 30x more than what it is today, and that day isn't that far. Just a couple years down the line, let's say 10 years and bitcoin's price will be 10x considering things are developing and rising exactly how they are in today's pace.

Comparing bitcoin to the current gdp, assuming things go our way and people put their savings money down and invest unto thr bitcoin venture, the value of a single bitcoin can rise upto 1 million dollars. Considering people put down money more than just their savings,nthe value can shoot even much more. However, thats just an assumption/theory and a dream.

yes, but this is a dream which might actually come true. Recent adoption and support bitcoin has supported is gradually going higher than vice versa, it is receiving fair attention from people. The Greek economic collapse made people realize how dangerous centralized currency can be, and how banks can screw its customers at their worst times. Bitcoin is a suitable alternative, if not a replacement.

You are right , bitcoin has gotten a lot of support and acceptance since a while and more is yet to  come. This is just the beginning . Yes, after the greek crisis , people have come to realize how messed up the centralized banks are , and obviously wanting something to quickly cling on, looked at bitcoin as a viable option. Maybe this is the beginning of the time where centralized banks are gonna be compelled to abdicate the empire for bitcoin to be on the throne.

Not just the central banks, but the private banks aswell.

The only thing that guaranttes your money is that small investment insurance up to 100.000€, but even that cannot cover it, if all banks fail.

So basically, using a bank in 2015, anywhere in the world, is the biggest risk of all times, and you only get a reward of 1% interest.

C`mon the risk/reward ratio is fucked up
Activity: 315
July 16, 2015, 02:10:30 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 16, 2015, 12:41:34 PM
It's the easiest and quickest earning job
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
July 15, 2015, 11:01:57 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 15, 2015, 05:20:30 PM
I mean lol ke the is the easiest way to make money and make alot of money quickly
Activity: 952
July 15, 2015, 02:17:10 PM

Activity: 336
July 15, 2015, 01:45:28 AM
hmm nice idea , i will do that soon.
spare some income every month to bitcoin and keep that for couple years.
maybe it will worth alot in the future , or that will great legacy to my sons  Grin
but that can happen if bitcoin still worth in the future.

I have a gut feeling that bitcoin will be worth 10x, 30x more than what it is today, and that day isn't that far. Just a couple years down the line, let's say 10 years and bitcoin's price will be 10x considering things are developing and rising exactly how they are in today's pace.

Comparing bitcoin to the current gdp, assuming things go our way and people put their savings money down and invest unto thr bitcoin venture, the value of a single bitcoin can rise upto 1 million dollars. Considering people put down money more than just their savings,nthe value can shoot even much more. However, thats just an assumption/theory and a dream.

yes, but this is a dream which might actually come true. Recent adoption and support bitcoin has supported is gradually going higher than vice versa, it is receiving fair attention from people. The Greek economic collapse made people realize how dangerous centralized currency can be, and how banks can screw its customers at their worst times. Bitcoin is a suitable alternative, if not a replacement.

You are right , bitcoin has gotten a lot of support and acceptance since a while and more is yet to  come. This is just the beginning . Yes, after the greek crisis , people have come to realize how messed up the centralized banks are , and obviously wanting something to quickly cling on, looked at bitcoin as a viable option. Maybe this is the beginning of the time where centralized banks are gonna be compelled to abdicate the empire for bitcoin to be on the throne.

Pages:
Jump to: