Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as money - page 15. (Read 1140 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 07:48:18 PM
If Bitcoin replaces cash I think there are a lot of restrictions, such as: high bitcoin prices, many people do not want to hold Bitcoin; Bitcoin is a digital currency that requires you to know how to use technology, but there are some people who still do not know how to use cards, smartphones, etc. I think Bitcoin should be included in the payment. Goods for a small department.
But i think in current time the bitcoin demand is increasing from time to time, in my area some people are requesting me to sell them some bitcoins, but i am not welling as i want to continue holding my bitcoin for some good time and get a good profit from it, i think that the interest of the people in bitcoin will continue increasing for a long long time because still most of the people do not know about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
March 03, 2018, 06:10:43 PM
Bitcoin CAN NOT be as money, and thats why (only 2 reasons):
- transations are too slow
- transations are too expensive

What are you talking about? Seriously? How did you come up with those points? I bet you're repeating after some clueless trolls that are going from a thread to a thread repeating like a broken record.

The standard fee that you have to pay to get a first block confirmation is currently somewhere around 50 cents! That's 50c for a transaction of $5, but also for a transaction of $5 million. This makes it not worth it to buy a pack of smokes, or a bottle of milk, but everything over $10 is looking fine for most people. Buying gas for your car, ordering food online, paying for a movie ticket, all those things can be done cheaply and efficiently with BTC!
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 06:01:52 PM
If Bitcoin replaces cash I think there are a lot of restrictions, such as: high bitcoin prices, many people do not want to hold Bitcoin; Bitcoin is a digital currency that requires you to know how to use technology, but there are some people who still do not know how to use cards, smartphones, etc. I think Bitcoin should be included in the payment. Goods for a small department.
Activity: 318
EHFIRST
March 03, 2018, 05:44:53 PM
Bitcoin CAN NOT be as money, and thats why (only 2 reasons):
- transations are too slow
- transations are too expensive
Activity: 481
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 05:42:34 PM
As what we always say, a digitally-natured currency holds potential for the future's situation in the world of currency. On the other hand, however, we cannot use bitcoin at the moment as a currency because right now bitcoin's value is very unstable. If we insist on using bitcoin as a currency it would only causs national panic among the producer sector and among thd consumer section as well.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
March 03, 2018, 05:41:56 PM
Maybe Bitcoin as we know it today, won’t become the officially accepted money, but maybe a newer version of cryptos may replace the whole system, we’ll be able to pay everything with all cryptos
Activity: 173
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

Imagine that it might be but for coming on a mass market lots work need to be done
will see how it will goes on
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
March 03, 2018, 05:28:30 PM
Right now Bitcoin is too slow to buy food or for buying clothes, etc. The fees is also high, so it's unsuitable for everyday transaction but if lightning network comes this will change and then I think it would be possible to use bitcoin to buy things. I personally don't think that Bitcoin will be used as money, it's just a store of value.
Activity: 214
March 03, 2018, 05:26:45 PM
They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

For me as I using bitcoin Iam enjoying, make a peace of mind for me to answer the questions. As I use it, I received payments from the campaign which I probably applied. And I earn a lot of money to save. And help my family to give them a financial support. And it's positively for me to earn more profit to save.
Activity: 350
March 03, 2018, 05:26:30 PM
to my mind btc has no chances to replace money soon. to much people has no smartphones, no internet..but some day, maybe another coin certainly will. 
Bitcoin can also be considered a currency used in internet space because it is also used to exchange and trade with other valuable products. Bitcoins are increasingly getting the attention of the whole world, which is great for bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 05:24:56 PM
They say that bitcoin is the future of money. What do you think if we use bitcoin in everyday lives as a money? Like buying foods. Or buying clothes. Do you imagine it positively or negatively?

There is nothing that has positive effect without negative side of it. If bitcoin becomes the real money today it will definitely  bring flexibility to online and physical transaction especially international transaction. Nevertheless, there be abuse orbit as many will indulge in money laundry and the Raye of crime will be high unless its being regulated by the government.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 05:16:34 PM
to my mind btc has no chances to replace money soon. to much people has no smartphones, no internet..but some day, maybe another coin certainly will. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 03, 2018, 04:33:09 PM
For bitcoin and the whole crypto-currency and the future. Invest and earn Crypto currency now. In 5 years you will be happy, having a different credit currency
I really don't see Bitcoins as money at all, Sure people are using it to make purchases all around but we can't deny that if we saved it without spending, we are going to see an increase in it's value in some time to come.
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
March 03, 2018, 04:28:38 PM
Yes, I have no doubt that in the not too distant future the use of bitcoin will be more popular and widespread than we can now imagine, however I am convinced that in no way it will become the dominant currency of the global financial system like many have waited over the years. I believe that its destiny will ultimately be to become an optional payment processor as it is now paypal or visa, and it will be especially useful for people related to technology, never for the common people of the poor neighborhoods.
Merit: 102
March 03, 2018, 04:28:32 PM

Although the main idea of Bitcoin is to serve as a currency, The role that bitcoin plays nowaday has turned it into something more than that, Its decentralization and autonomy has attracted users of all kinds positioning itself as the preferred form of investment; the most reliable and profitable way to increase our capital. The value of bitcoin has come to take such relevance, that despite being considered as the currency of the future, its use is directed to higher amounts and reconsiderable quantities.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
March 03, 2018, 04:27:32 PM
If you consider something as money,then you must be able to spend money in every day life and with the transactions fees coming down,i am sure we will be able to do that once again and in the future expect more retailers accepting bitcoin once again,may be they might delay accepting it soon,but i hope at the end of this year we will see more companies accepting bitcoin since the transaction charges have come down.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
March 03, 2018, 04:20:32 PM

That day would be really great if we started buying almost everything with the help of crypto currency or more often with bitcoin itself. Just imagine no need to worry about the expenses of daily lofe, just earn from the internet and then spend offline. Very easy life and easy beer on the rocks too ! I do imagine all this positively and would love to see it happen within next decade. I don't know what it will take for that to happen. May be rules and regulation might need to change. I think this will take time but we should be positive about it. Whether it stays asset, currency or store value but it should be implemented for sure.
Merit: 107
March 03, 2018, 04:11:42 PM
Bitcoin could possibly become a currency which would be used in many countries all around the world. However, to acomplish that we need faster and cheaper transactions. Some say that the solution is simple and they say that we should lower the wait time between each block. I don't think that it is a good idea. There are a few off-chain transaction sollutions which are probably the best choice. The most popular is Lightning Network is slowly getting ready to become used by thousands of people.
Activity: 176
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
March 03, 2018, 04:07:34 PM
For bitcoin and the whole crypto-currency and the future. Invest and earn Crypto currency now. In 5 years you will be happy, having a different credit currency
Bitcoin is a lot of money, but many people consider Bitcoin as a virtual currency asset, but many people still do not know Bitcoin. Although Bitcoin has been around for a long time, I think 2018 is the year. Crypto's development, as well as virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, will reach the desired number.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
March 03, 2018, 04:06:00 PM
I do believe that one of the primary functions of bitcoin is to be used as a payment for goods and services, however, over the years it has been use for more of investment than of payment.
Nevertheless, this doesn't rule out it's primary function. Bitcoin can still be used as a means of payment if the following conditions are met.
1. If more companies especially online stores accept bitcoin as a means of payment.  
2. If those living in the remote areas have access to the internet.
If these two conditions are met, then bitcoin can be used as a means of payment for goods and services.
Pages:
Jump to: