Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Bank - page 5. (Read 41207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
August 03, 2017, 01:09:04 AM
If someone establish a bank we should put in mind that it talks about money,  we need to trust in each other. Putting our account on dangers.
The reason why people are happy with the decentralized system is because they do not trust banks.
Banks are centralized and they can access our information anytime which is very risky especially if you have a lot of money
as they can easily freeze your account if you cannot explain your wealth, in bitcoin there is nothing to explain so we do not need bank.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
August 02, 2017, 11:45:33 PM
If Bitcoin will have it's own bank that would pertain to a World bank, remember the users of bitcoin are all over the world, how would it be possible to have a one bank for all bitcoin in addition to the fact that there is a limit number of bitcoin circulating the market, I think it's more convenient to have the wallet that we are having now, it's more useful and has no limitations, anyone can make transaction every time they want and in some instances it's very safe that you do not have to disclose much of your information unlike if there is a Bank we all know they are very strict in implementing policies.
Activity: 1044
Merit: 103
August 02, 2017, 11:35:01 PM
If someone establish a bank we should put in mind that it talks about money,  we need to trust in each other. Putting our account on dangers.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
August 02, 2017, 09:45:26 PM
I don't get it, what would bitcoin bank offer you that you don't already have with your wallet? monthly interest? never understood the concept of a bitcoin bank. Also, we'd be probably paying 2 fees, banking fee and the transaction fee, maybe...
Activity: 329
Merit: 254
August 02, 2017, 07:36:26 PM
MyBitcoin.com is a de facto bitcoin bank.  And it is clearly useful to many people.

No need to have literally "bank" because your account is already your bank and you are sure enough of what is happening to your every bitcoin because you are the one already managing it. Yeah in other sides it a good idea also but who needs it when you are already dealing with less hassle things right
to me i am not in favour of bitcoin banks in fact my bitcoins are in my online wallet and i always found it as the easiest way of making money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 02, 2017, 06:34:33 PM
Bank is a money-saving tool that we have. Bitcoin is an electronic currency, I think the account we have is working pretty well in saving the bitcoin we have. If you think about banks in general. I think this can be done if bitcoin is really in use by everyone. But I do not think so. Because if we think about the bank literally, it will only complicate the way to the transaction. Maybe a 30-year-old bitcoin bank in the form of a literal will exist.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
May 26, 2017, 05:59:38 PM
MyBitcoin.com is a de facto bitcoin bank.  And it is clearly useful to many people.

No need to have literally "bank" because your account is already your bank and you are sure enough of what is happening to your every bitcoin because you are the one already managing it. Yeah in other sides it a good idea also but who needs it when you are already dealing with less hassle things right

Exactly, it seems people have forgotten that one of the key components of creating Bitcoin was to do away with a centralized system and so those suggesting Bitcoin banks are actually not acting in good faith with Bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
May 26, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
May 26, 2017, 08:19:08 AM
Actually there is a very good reason for Bitcoin-backed banks to exist, issuing their own digital cash currency, redeemable for bitcoins. Bitcoin itself cannot scale to have every single financial transaction in the world be broadcast to everyone and included in the block chain. There needs to be a secondary level of payment systems which is lighter weight and more efficient. Likewise, the time needed for Bitcoin transactions to finalize will be impractical for medium to large value purchases.

Bitcoin backed banks will solve these problems. They can work like banks did before nationalization of currency. Different banks can have different policies, some more aggressive, some more conservative. Some would be fractional reserve while others may be 100% Bitcoin backed. Interest rates may vary. Cash from some banks may trade at a discount to that from others.

George Selgin has worked out the theory of competitive free banking in detail, and he argues that such a system would be stable, inflation resistant and self-regulating.

I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash. Most Bitcoin transactions will occur between banks, to settle net transfers. Bitcoin transactions by private individuals will be as rare as... well, as Bitcoin based purchases are today.
Having bitcoin bank is a good idea for me.Bitcoin bank will help all the businessman in their business and it may use it in there transaction because I think it has low fees. You can also save your bitcoin in bitcoin bank and you some people can loan in that bank. If there’s a bitcoin bank you save your bitcoin easily and you can sure that your bitcoin is totally safe no ones will try to stealth it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 22, 2017, 04:09:21 PM
There are so many things I can not figure out about the idea of ​​creating Bitcoin Bank yet. And so many questions arise from this situation. But it seems to me that if Bitcoin Bank performed all its functions properly, then every Bitcoin user had legal support and that would be a guarantee of legalization of the crypto currency. But nevertheless, the banking system is always few people, including Bitcoin users
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
May 22, 2017, 02:42:30 PM
I think bitcoin bank is a very nice idea. If there’s bitcoin bank it may help all people who use bitcoin because it can help them to loan and to withdraw instantly.Laslty, i hope someday all banks in the world will accept bitcoin.

I personally don't like any entity having control over my coins, but there are enough people that see value in such initiatives. But the main thing is that current exchanges and wallet services are already some sort of a bank. You can earn interest over your coins, you can get loans, you can get a debit card, etc. That being said, there is already a bank that allows people to view their Coinbase balance within their banking environment -- it's a first step.

Me also don't like bitcoin bank. now we are using this bitcoin without any restrictions from our govt. Suppose if we have bitcoin bank then all transaction should be done by legally and every transaction we need to pay extra tax to govt. In my country, we are already paying up to 30% tax to govt. So we are not interested in paying extra tax again to this Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 22, 2017, 01:41:44 PM
I think bitcoin bank is a very nice idea. If there’s bitcoin bank it may help all people who use bitcoin because it can help them to loan and to withdraw instantly.Laslty, i hope someday all banks in the world will accept bitcoin.

I personally don't like any entity having control over my coins, but there are enough people that see value in such initiatives. But the main thing is that current exchanges and wallet services are already some sort of a bank. You can earn interest over your coins, you can get loans, you can get a debit card, etc. That being said, there is already a bank that allows people to view their Coinbase balance within their banking environment -- it's a first step.
Activity: 100
Merit: 100
May 22, 2017, 01:06:47 PM

So why some other says that be your own bank? if we are going to entrust our bitcoin to them, because I also do believed that it does not make sense at all, because we are really the bank of our own bitcoin due to its decentralization not centralization which is the bank itself was like that. Undecided
I am agree that the idea of bitcoin bank has no sense. We all can be our own banks, just with such moment that we can't take credits in bitcoin on this sources where we hold our coins.
yeah idea of bitcoin bank is useless because bitcoin have already secured wallet and other system is already stable then we do not need any bank , and bank is just a wastage of time we can easily buy anything by bitcoin on internet so bitcoin is much more better than banks.

Bitcoin can replace the need for bank deposits and bank accounts.
It can overcome bank transactions...but..

If more and more people say that bitcoin is not a solution for micropayments, then you'll have to convert you bitcoins via a...upsie  Bank!
Also , there is no way people would be able to take loans via the current blockchain.
And good luck getting your money back from a  bad loan.
My indignation does not have a limit and I can not. It's possible to understand completely the whole point of Bitcoin Bank, but I'm completely sure that it will not differ much from those banks that exist now. Today the world financial system has taken a lot from cryptography and therefore they can work generally without Bitcoin. But for a simple Bitcoin user, a bank can only be a burden.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
May 22, 2017, 11:48:16 AM

So why some other says that be your own bank? if we are going to entrust our bitcoin to them, because I also do believed that it does not make sense at all, because we are really the bank of our own bitcoin due to its decentralization not centralization which is the bank itself was like that. Undecided
I am agree that the idea of bitcoin bank has no sense. We all can be our own banks, just with such moment that we can't take credits in bitcoin on this sources where we hold our coins.
yeah idea of bitcoin bank is useless because bitcoin have already secured wallet and other system is already stable then we do not need any bank , and bank is just a wastage of time we can easily buy anything by bitcoin on internet so bitcoin is much more better than banks.

Bitcoin can replace the need for bank deposits and bank accounts.
It can overcome bank transactions...but..

If more and more people say that bitcoin is not a solution for micropayments, then you'll have to convert you bitcoins via a...upsie  Bank!
Also , there is no way people would be able to take loans via the current blockchain.
And good luck getting your money back from a  bad loan.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
May 22, 2017, 09:21:14 AM
Actually there is a very good reason for Bitcoin-backed banks to exist, issuing their own digital cash currency, redeemable for bitcoins. Bitcoin itself cannot scale to have every single financial transaction in the world be broadcast to everyone and included in the block chain. There needs to be a secondary level of payment systems which is lighter weight and more efficient. Likewise, the time needed for Bitcoin transactions to finalize will be impractical for medium to large value purchases.

Bitcoin backed banks will solve these problems. They can work like banks did before nationalization of currency. Different banks can have different policies, some more aggressive, some more conservative. Some would be fractional reserve while others may be 100% Bitcoin backed. Interest rates may vary. Cash from some banks may trade at a discount to that from others.

George Selgin has worked out the theory of competitive free banking in detail, and he argues that such a system would be stable, inflation resistant and self-regulating.

I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash. Most Bitcoin transactions will occur between banks, to settle net transfers. Bitcoin transactions by private individuals will be as rare as... well, as Bitcoin based purchases are today.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
May 08, 2017, 07:26:35 PM

Activity: 910
Merit: 550
May 08, 2017, 07:01:27 PM
In my thinking, maybe to make bitcoin legal. By use of bitcoin bank, the handler can be restraint and it will be a assured signal for the government. It will make the administration sure to be able to autorize bitcoin/cryptocurrency or obtain bitcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
May 08, 2017, 01:12:34 PM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
May 08, 2017, 01:05:06 PM
This topic has a thread before. Not even sure now why OP created another one. This has long been debated and no real winner has emerged, I think there are more people not in favor of this and those that are. This is really why there have been no real attempt to create a bitcoin bank that has surfaced since bitcoin's inception

I think this is not quite so

Web wallets can pretty well cut as Bitcoin banks. Indeed, if you consider as bank only institutions that loan out money, this is next to impossible with Bitcoin due to its devastating volatility. On the other hand, some of our regular banks aren't involved in loaning money, especially banks established by large corporations specifically to process payments and nothing more. So this is not a prerequisite for a bank, at least, in these days. Further, web wallets now issue payment cards which what most fiat banks do. They don't pay interest but in today's perverted world, banks even demand you to pay for just keeping your money their (welcome to negative interest rates). As you can see, there is not much which separates web wallets form what can be considered as a bank nowadays
I believe that Bitcoin banks should not exist at all because it does not level the very concept of crypto currency and their capabilities. When I imagine what the current banking system is doing, I do not want to do the same with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 08, 2017, 01:01:32 PM
This topic has a thread before. Not even sure now why OP created another one. This has long been debated and no real winner has emerged, I think there are more people not in favor of this and those that are. This is really why there have been no real attempt to create a bitcoin bank that has surfaced since bitcoin's inception

I think this is not quite so

Web wallets can pretty well cut it as Bitcoin banks. Indeed, if you consider as a bank only institutions that loan out money, then this is next to impossible with Bitcoin due to its devastating volatility. On the other hand, some of our regular banks aren't involved in loaning money either, especially banks established by large corporations specifically to process payments and nothing more. So this is not a prerequisite for a bank, at least, these days. Further, web wallets now issue payment cards which is what most fiat banks do. They don't pay interest but in today's perverted world, banks even demand you to pay for just keeping your money in the bank (welcome to negative interest rates). As you can see, there is not much which separates web wallets from what can be loosely called a bank nowadays
Pages:
Jump to: