Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site - page 12. (Read 26530 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
May 17, 2012, 04:02:01 PM
V 0.11.1: Automated detection of Bitcoin tips which are now shown in the chat channel as they occur!  

So:
* 0-confirmations (doing a double spend for a tip seems utterly retarded to me)
* These messages are displayed in red (Admin messages) and are said by System.

Enjoy Smiley
legendary
May 17, 2012, 03:59:18 PM
To sum things up:

1) Screencasting can be done via external software which mimics a camera and shows the screen on it
2) The site has been optimized for one way traffic of audio/video material.
   a) The stream has been set to half_deplex
   b) I have introduced a buffer time which would make it annoying talking to each other but works because audio/video is one way (this increases the quality tremendously)
(so for now, no, later perhaps as separate functionality)

3) Kicking or banning people from your own channel (read:not from the webiste) is something that I';ll be looking to add
4) Pay to stay does not seem like the best idea to me as the default option. I'd like the normal functionality to remain because of the low barrier of entry and because I firmly believe in the concept of tipping (voluntarily deciding what to pay).
I am planning to implement functionality for broadcasters to start a private stream to which they can invite certain people. I think this will enable the functionality you desire but please correct me if I'm wrong.

5) I do think the tutor idea is great (I have had the idea already as well)
6) @Tux, I never used iInstawallet so I have trouble deciphering what you mean there Tongue Could you please clarify?

Keep ideas/feedback coming you guys Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
May 17, 2012, 01:46:18 PM
I see a couple of big issues with pay to stay. One is every time I want to login I will have to supply a bitcoin address, and that will remove the anonymity of yourself since now your linking a bitcoin address to your user name.
Tip from an instawallet. Minimal trust required for insta/easy wallet. Automatically washes your dough if left there long enough.

Second issue, some of the people I enjoy what they do and I want to tip them, other times I am just hanging out on there. Either way I should be in control of at what times I tip and not.
Sometimes entertainers don't mind people hanging around and they are just there doing it for fun... but other entertainers might have other use cases. Atleast they have the option.

Third this is an easy way to scam people if implemented you can easily start a pay to stay channel, get a good round of bitcoins and leave. They should just do what they are doing and people tip along the way.
Reputation and verification. Don't tip until you know it's not a loop.

In conclusion pay to stay is dumb and shouldn't be implemented. It is hassle, it removes the core value of the site, and can be exploited to take advantage of people.
There are valid use cases for an entertainer to kick/ban (more secret squirrel stuff on this coming later). An entertainer abusing this feature would suffer a bad rep and we all ultimately have the control of our own purse strings.
legendary
Activity: 1498
May 17, 2012, 12:56:27 PM
Pay to stay sounds like easy to implement. At least assuming the author wants to get a way of telling who tipped how much.
If this is implemented I see no problem in setting up a pay to stay/proof you have bitcoins option. It would become normal that if you want to see one performer more than one minute in one day you would have to pay something to the address given or if he defined a min price, that price.
This would definitely keep stupid spammers at distance, at least most of them.

I see a couple of big issues with pay to stay. One is every time I want to login I will have to supply a bitcoin address, and that will remove the anonymity of yourself since now your linking a bitcoin address to your user name.

Second issue, some of the people I enjoy what they do and I want to tip them, other times I am just hanging out on there. Either way I should be in control of at what times I tip and not.

Third this is an easy way to scam people if implemented you can easily start a pay to stay channel, get a good round of bitcoins and leave. They should just do what they are doing and people tip along the way.

In conclusion pay to stay is dumb and shouldn't be implemented. It is hassle, it removes the core value of the site, and can be exploited to take advantage of people.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
May 17, 2012, 01:44:03 AM
Pay to stay sounds like easy to implement. At least assuming the author wants to get a way of telling who tipped how much.
If this is implemented I see no problem in setting up a pay to stay/proof you have bitcoins option. It would become normal that if you want to see one performer more than one minute in one day you would have to pay something to the address given or if he defined a min price, that price.
This would definitely keep stupid spammers at distance, at least most of them.
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
May 16, 2012, 11:09:27 PM
In your first post it was automation which if it was automated would then need the user to always put in their bitcoin address to just view and some people may not like that. Also how would the broadcaster know who address is whose? This would cause so many fights and angry people that would just stop coming to the site. The site is simple if you like the broadcaster, or what they are doing on cam. You tip, your over complexing this simple idea.
Eh?  I figured the broadcaster would just give the site a batch of addresses, and the site's software would apportion them to the individual viewers, granting access once payment was received.  No automation is fine, though, I was just curious.

It would hurt the tutor as well Smiley Believe me anytime there is a "pay to view thing" people will never pay, as much as if they feel they got things out of the lesson. I know especially for a tutor I wouldn't pay until i figured out if their teaching style helped me learn or not.
Well reputation/word of mouth would probably help here.  The tutors I know get a lot of their students that way.  None that I know of work by donation either, though, but I'd rather not have this coversation here Smiley

For screencasting get manycam for windows/mac or if your on mac OSX get camtwist problem sovled.
Thanks!
legendary
May 16, 2012, 10:57:09 PM
Also he doesn't want to handle any bitcoin transactions, that is again a vision of the site, the bitcoins go directly to the users.
He wouldn't.  The broadcaster would be handing out their own addresses.

In your first post it was automation which if it was automated would then need the user to always put in their bitcoin address to just view and some people may not like that. Also how would the broadcaster know who address is whose? This would cause so many fights and angry people that would just stop coming to the site. The site is simple if you like the broadcaster, or what they are doing on cam. You tip, your over complexing this simple idea.

So that automation would be worthless and just hurt the cam girl.
Or the tutor, which is what I currently have in mind Smiley

Which brings me to my next question: is screencasting in the works?

It would hurt the tutor as well Smiley Believe me anytime there is a "pay to view thing" people will never pay, as much as if they feel they got things out of the lesson. I know especially for a tutor I wouldn't pay until i figured out if their teaching style helped me learn or not.

For screencasting get manycam for windows/mac or if your on mac OSX get camtwist problem sovled.
May 16, 2012, 10:53:06 PM
This may be feature creep territory here, but to make this really suitable for tutoring, it'd be nice if the viewers could request that the broadcaster pull up their screencast to play in a window beside theirs, so that communications can become 2-way (or more).  Would that be possible, or is it too far out of scope?

Edit: I know there's the chat, but that's not too suitable for entering math equations...

Further edit: Maybe math is too niche for this feature Smiley
May 16, 2012, 10:36:14 PM

My understanding is there are virtual cam devices for windows that let you select inputs like a real webcam or screencast session. I'm trying to find a linux solution for this and didn't really pay attention to the names of the windows ones when I was poking around.
May 16, 2012, 10:32:35 PM
Also he doesn't want to handle any bitcoin transactions, that is again a vision of the site, the bitcoins go directly to the users.
He wouldn't.  The broadcaster would be handing out their own addresses.

So that automation would be worthless and just hurt the cam girl.
Or the tutor, which is what I currently have in mind Smiley

May 16, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
It may end up being a by-product of another necessity and/or use case... In some circumstances, it may be in everyone's interest to kick/ban people at the whim of the broadcaster.

payments dont need to be handled by the cam site.. broadcasters can relay unique payment addresses on screen or via chat. perhaps even PM if that becomes available in the future.
legendary
May 16, 2012, 10:20:45 PM
I just checked to see if the broadcaster can boot people from their channel and heard it was in the works.

Was thinking this could be used as a way for broadcasters to enforce "pay to stay" where they'd give out unique bitcoin addresses to incoming viewers that they must pay to in order to stay.  Anything like this, but more automated, in the works?

"pay to stay" goes against what the site was setup for and the vision of a p2p camming site. Also he doesn't want to handle any bitcoin transactions, that is again a vision of the site, the bitcoins go directly to the users.

Also side note, "pay to stay" works in other sites cause people aren't willing to shell out their money. On this site I have seen people tip as much as they can from 0.005 BTC to 5.00 BTC . So that automation would be worthless and just hurt the cam girl.
May 16, 2012, 10:14:34 PM
I just checked to see if the broadcaster can boot people from their channel and heard it was in the works.

Was thinking this could be used as a way for broadcasters to enforce "pay to stay" where they'd give out unique bitcoin addresses to incoming viewers that they must pay to in order to stay.  Anything like this, but more automated, in the works?

Could they also have the option to close the channel to new visitors?
legendary
May 16, 2012, 06:39:27 PM
Minor release v0.10.5 to stop people from injecting HTML code into other people's chat window doing things like muting the chat.
legendary
May 16, 2012, 06:38:20 PM
I have some requests that might improve the btc side of cam4btc:
  • URI and QR code support
  • show the amount received by the posted address since the beginning of the broadcast
  • include 0-confirmation sends in this
  • detect and filter double spends from this (can't do anything about finney attacks, but they're tips, so it's probably not a big deal)

It would be very cool if everyone saw a tip come in realtime. But no worry about double spends here imo.

I have a ll the above on my todo list expect double spend protection as I think this is not something to worry about in a pure tip system. Think of it as leaving tip on a table in a restaurant. You are not worried other guests will steal it before the waitress retrieves it.

BTW: The tip thing is on top of the todo list rightly after solving some small bugs
legendary
May 16, 2012, 06:35:15 PM
I think that Bitcoin has HUGE potential in webcam stripping etc. I believe that this could become a big hit.

I whole heartedly agree.. and combine this with various working salary levels of different countries... it may just be the thing that causes the network effect that Bitcoin needs to explode sooner than later.

For example, I absolutely LOVE Vietnamese women and other ethnicities typical of 3rd world countries. I might lose a LOT of Bitcoin to that genre of adult entertainers. Tipping amount that may seem meager to someone in a first world country to someone in a 3rd world country may be very well accepted. Now all of the sudden independant people in these economically challenged situations have a service to provide to the entire world and Bitcoin is extended where it would not have been. Exchange services start showing up in those locations, traditional businesses start wanting a piece of the global currency, etc..

I'm very excited for this.

Thanks a lot I agree. Have you ever heard of a service online (I think from India) where normal people in the west can afford a personal assistant by choosing a PA from India? You will have to collaborate remotely and across timezones, but it is still affordable to ask him to jut go Google for a day for a day searching for simple stuff which you wouldn't give yourself time for (nor would want to do).

Another example is Mechanical Turk (which has a Bitcoin variant). Not there is cam4btc for peepshows Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
May 16, 2012, 06:32:50 PM
I thought this was "bitcoin scamming site" Cheesy
legendary
May 16, 2012, 06:31:35 PM
And now he has the honour of being the first banned user on cam4btc.com Smiley

I got home 11 pm from work and just wrote the code to ban him. Please report other wrongdoers from now on and I'll see if they should be banned. (I really hoped this wasn't necessary but I don't like scammers at all Sad)

slippery slope warning Smiley good luck with the banning. It will only get worse though.

I totally agree. I think in the end a community must evolve which will order content based on appropriateness (I'm not too knowledgeable about Reddit but I think this is what they do). This is too complex to do now (it is not the most valuable to most users right now) so I had left it out completely. Now something happened which caused it to be valuable to ban users (most users are annoyed by a scammer for instance) so I solved with the most simple (and imperfect) solution of just banning the user and playing dictator.

I have no intentions of staying dictator as my ambitions are to become the medium everybody uses. The people (yes users of the site) can then jointly decide what they prefer and what not. For now I really believe however other things a re more important then me stopping being a dictator in this. I hope my promise not to be the dictator forever will suffice for now as I expand the platform beyond it's beta stage Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 16, 2012, 04:55:09 PM
Whoah
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
May 16, 2012, 04:28:09 PM
A beautiful one  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: