Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site - page 15. (Read 26532 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
May 13, 2012, 05:15:59 PM
can you make the bitcoin link display a QR code somehow? sometimes I need to tip with my phone.
+1
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
May 13, 2012, 05:15:38 PM
It's not easy to understand what this means:

The DarlingLA show is the 14 may at 19:00 hours?  But 19:00 what? Or it is 19 hours from now?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
May 13, 2012, 05:05:40 PM
can you make the bitcoin link display a QR code somehow? sometimes I need to tip with my phone.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
May 13, 2012, 04:56:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Really appreciated Smiley

@Gabi: there are 2 more scheduled shows at the moment. Don't miss'em Wink

v 0.10 is out with donation address verification. If you enter an address <34 characters I will attempt to resolve the firstbits using BlockChain.info, if you enter a 34 character complete address I will verify it is a correct address. No more making typo's Smiley [disabling donation addresses altogether is also supported]

This is also preliminary work to being able to show donations being made live in chat. I needed to be sure I was working with valid Bitcoin addresses before I could work on that.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
May 13, 2012, 12:56:46 PM
Awwhhh too bad i missed that!  Shocked
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
May 13, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
I was there... rockin job! the girls were very excited to be using the service and judging by the comments, so were the other guys.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
May 13, 2012, 10:53:35 AM
This is awesome. Keep up the good work.
legendary
May 13, 2012, 10:10:13 AM
Yesterday night we had a record of 29 people online at the same time and 2 broadcasts at the same time. I want to thank dino_rawr and ENTerTheDragonfly for performing the broadcasts.
Also thanks to everyone that came to watch.
I wasn't there myself due to it being in the middle of the night in my timezone but I got reports of people that really enjoyed it Smiley

Note that at 9:00 am hours PST there is a scheduledShow by DarlingLA. Log in to the site to see what time it is in your timezone! Smiley

* I had a small bug which showed all hours as <12 hours even if it was in the afternoon, thus making it impossible for people to determine whether it was in the morning or afternoon. Fixed in v0.9.2
legendary
Activity: 1498
May 12, 2012, 09:44:34 PM
legendary
May 12, 2012, 12:21:27 PM
v0.9.1

* Improved audio quality
* Added option music for broadcasters of music. This will increase the audio quality for music

Also, if a broadcaster stops and restarts stream, audio will resume quickly while the video just freezes for a while. After a while (like 30 seconds) it does go o, if you want this to be quicker just go to and leave full screen mode and it will continue immediately. I have not been able to mimic this programmatically yet so I'm working on that Smiley
legendary
May 11, 2012, 07:37:19 PM
Version 0.9 is out. I added a scheduling mechanism: Broadcasters can schedule shows and both broadcasters and viewers alike can view the schedule. This way people will know when someone will be on in advance and can check back.

I hope this will help with broadcasters and viewers finding each other Smiley
legendary
May 05, 2012, 03:52:06 PM
Cam4BTC has moved to a new host as riush (member here at Bitcointalk) has generously offered to host both the website and the other server software I need for free until further notice. This should bring stability and allows me to keep the software up-to-date.

I have updated the DNS but this can take up to 48 hours to propagate (it is usually much faster though). Press control+F5 and if you see you are running v0.8 you know you have made the switch.
legendary
May 05, 2012, 09:21:51 AM
It's definitely not the blocking of UDP messages or something. Your cc.rtmfp.net page is exactly the same as mine, so that definitely isn't blocking you from seeing boobies Smiley

I PM'ed you about what you can do try to help debug this.

I'll change the code to stop trying after 3 reconnects (it times out in 30 seconds,so that would be 1.5 minutes) and report it to the user in the form of an alert box. Thanks for the feedback.
legendary
Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 05, 2012, 08:28:42 AM
1) The firewall on your computer, router or corporate network doesn't allow outbound UDP traffic. You can go to this site to get an analysis by adobe of your connectability: http://cc.rtmfp.net/ (post a screenshot if you can't make sense of the analysis yourself)
Also, in the login screen it used to trow a popup telling the user it failed top connect. I changed that to not do this this but instead attempt to reconnect on every failed attempt (so basically indefinitely) without giving user feedback. What do you think of this choice? Would you prefer to be notified of this and if so how?
To be honest, I think it's a stupid choice. It should only attempt to reconnect N number of times before giving up and displaying an error message. Sure, dropped packets might cause it to fail to connect one or two times, but if it keeps failing to connect several times in a row, that's a pretty clear sign that something is seriously wrong and it's never going to connect.
legendary
May 05, 2012, 06:51:27 AM
Can a girl be on both sites at the same time?
That would make a transition easier.

They certainly can! If they use flash player for the other site as well it will work out of the box, just start my site as well. If they use another program for the streaming they'd need a solution such as ManyCam (which I think a lot of cam girls use) because only one program can lock a device (camera/microphone) at the same time. Either way it will work as long as their bandwidth is high enough to support both methods of data transmission.

Also if it is very anonymous like you say, you should advertise that as a advantage.

I was talking to a guy on the site yesterday who said his girl tried to join MFC once but didn't go through with it because she had to give so much personal details to be allowed on the site. Further I agree that it is really anonymous and this is one of the unique selling points of this solution. If you look at my opening post (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cam4btc-the-first-bitcoin-camming-site-no-fees-cross-platform-78517 or any of the reddit channels I posted) you see that the very first thing in the list of advantages is * No signup, so complete anonymity. Do you have concrete ideas for me to advertise this more or did you just happen to miss that thread?

Links to the Reddit boards:

http://www.reddit.com/r/deCrypto/comments/sydtt/cam4btc_the_first_bitcoin_camming_site_no_fees/
http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin/comments/syh3p/cam4btc_the_first_bitcoin_camming_site_no_fees/
http://www.reddit.com/r/gonewild/comments/sylmt/cam4btc_the_first_bitcoin_camming_site_no_fees/
legendary
May 05, 2012, 06:41:11 AM
I can't get it to work. When I enter my name and click Watch nothing happens. The FAQ says it's supposed to ask me to enable P2P assisted networking, but it doesn't. When I go into the Global Settings Manager, all the options for P2P assisted networking are disabled except for "Disable P2P uplink for all", which is unchecked. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Flash Player 11.2.202.235.

Hi, thanks for the report too bad it isn't working automatically for you. The system is supposed to ask for p2p privileges after you go from the login-screen to the watching/stream list screen. If you don't make it there it means the connection to the server I use to introduce the peers to each other (called a Rendez Vous server). There can be 2 reasons for this:

1) The firewall on your computer, router or corporate network doesn't allow outbound UDP traffic. You can go to this site to get an analysis by adobe of your connectability: http://cc.rtmfp.net/ (post a screenshot if you can't make sense of the analysis yourself)
2) The Rendez Vous server had a accidental hiccup (I am still using a free solution for this, this will change as the site gets more popular). Please try again and see if it works.

Also, in the login screen it used to trow a popup telling the user it failed top connect. I changed that to not do this this but instead attempt to reconnect on every failed attempt (so basically indefinitely) without giving user feedback. What do you think of this choice? Would you prefer to be notified of this and if so how?

Good luck with getting this to work  Smiley
Activity: 523
Merit: 500
May 05, 2012, 04:04:12 AM
Can a girl be on both sites at the same time?
That would make a transition easier.

Also if it is very anonymous like you say, you should advertise that as a advantage.

legendary
Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 05, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
I can't get it to work. When I enter my name and click Watch nothing happens. The FAQ says it's supposed to ask me to enable P2P assisted networking, but it doesn't. When I go into the Global Settings Manager, all the options for P2P assisted networking are disabled except for "Disable P2P uplink for all", which is unchecked. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Flash Player 11.2.202.235.
legendary
May 04, 2012, 04:14:07 PM
Thanks a lot fro the offer. I'll see if I can manage Smiley

Also: V0.7 out with full screen mode!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
May 03, 2012, 05:22:26 PM
Ok, I'll look into this if I have the time. I'll probably just write it to a list and then do a manual sendmany if I get around to doing this (because this would require fewer testing).

Does anyone know the exact format for sendmany on the commandline? Is it:

sendmany accountOne {"Bitcoinaddress1":"0.001", "Bitcoinaddress2":"0.001", "Bitcoinaddress3":"0.001"}

Also, I have done some testing with a couple of users and the video quality has been greatly improved in v0.6.2 which has just been released.

Nice, if you get it up I'll give at least 10BTC to hand out. I think this is double nice because people can send the millies to performers too.
Pages:
Jump to: