Pages:
Author

Topic: == Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~1000 BTC total bounty to solvers! ==UPDATED== - page 31. (Read 47899 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 3
Hi I have been interested in the puzzle for several months and after months of scanning and learning I found a site that seems to have scanned all the range' in #64 puzzle's keyspace (from 2^63 till 2^64-1 decimal, 0x8000 0000 0000 0000 - 0xFFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF) and he find nothing.https://hashkeys.club/64/.
How is possible? Sorry for google translate.
 Can someone explain to me! Huh

As I told before, this puzzle is not true. don't waste your time and money..
there is someone that wants us to be buzzy with something that doesn't exist.
that is my conclusion. Grin Grin
The puzzle is not true EVEN though people have found keys within the puzzle?! Every key from 1 to 63 bits has been found and every key that is a multiple of 5 has been found, up to 115 bits...but yeah, it's not true.
Where do you people come from and/or where do you get your information from that helps you draw conclusions?!

I believe he meant the context of it being a puzzle specifically . It is a random distribution so far as we know only solvable via Kangaroo in some cases or brute force otherwise.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...
Hi I have been interested in the puzzle for several months and after months of scanning and learning I found a site that seems to have scanned all the range' in #64 puzzle's keyspace (from 2^63 till 2^64-1 decimal, 0x8000 0000 0000 0000 - 0xFFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF) and he find nothing.https://hashkeys.club/64/.

The puzzle is not true EVEN though people have found keys within the puzzle?! Every key from 1 to 63 bits has been found and every key that is a multiple of 5 has been found, up to 115 bits...but yeah, it's not true.
Where do you people come from and/or where do you get your information from that helps you draw conclusions?!
Activity: 5
Merit: 1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
thank you this one seems different to me but I understand and I can continue the hope makes live!
Shooters Shoot...

The site is probably like other sites where when you go to a page, the site script runs the applicable private keys for that page and generates the corresponding address. The site hasn't scanned all of the range, it scans when a page is visited.
Example, let's just say each page is dedicated to 100 keys.
Page 1 = private keys 8000000000000000 + 100
Page 2 = page 1 end key + 100
Page 3 = page 2 end key + 100

So in order for the site to have scanned the entire range, every page needs visited.
Activity: 4

Shooters Shoot...
First of all, I apologize for my bad english.
My question:
After finding the password of the 64-bit wallet, the public key will be visible when the transfer starts on Blockchain.com. Is it possible to transfer faster than me when another person breaks it with the kangaroo method? So even if I pay 22 satoshis as a fee right now, can it be transferred faster than me by paying more?

This was mentioned before somewhere. Can't remember where. But from what I recall.... If you don't cheap out on the Tx Fee you will be fine. Because once it's seen on the blockchain the double spend protection will kick in. Bad wording so to the experts I apologize. But it's unlikely you will not receive it should you have the private key.
Using Electrum (I think) and the No Replace Fee...something like that.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
My question:
After finding the password of the 64-bit wallet, the public key will be visible when the transfer starts on Blockchain.com. Is it possible to transfer faster than me when another person breaks it with the kangaroo method? So even if I pay 22 satoshis as a fee right now, can it be transferred faster than me by paying more?

This was mentioned before somewhere. Can't remember where. But from what I recall.... If you don't cheap out on the Tx Fee you will be fine. Because once it's seen on the blockchain the double spend protection will kick in. Bad wording so to the experts I apologize. But it's unlikely you will not receive it should you have the private key.
Activity: 10
My question:
Shooters Shoot...
Used GPUs...if you can find one that is still under manufacturer's warranty, that is best. Usually a card has a 3 year warranty. I have purchased many used over the years with no issues.

Just a quick question - do GPU manufacturers even cover such damage as "abuse of the card" (I'm  using their terminology here) under warranty?

I'm under the impression that they'll merely ttell you to take a hike if they found out if you overworked the card. Esp. if you overclocked it (that certainly breaks warranty).

I mean, Nvidia and AMD won't accept such things but maybe you convince some of the 3rd party vendors to get a replacement for a limited number of cards (it quickly becomes impractical after like 3 changes).

I have returned EVGA cards (what I mainly try to buy, they are better IMO, especially cooling) and have never had an issue. I do not know what the cards were used for prior to me receiving them (used cards) but I know I have tweaked the clocks and power settings (for performance). I've had a few 2080Tis and 2070 Supers that would start working and run for a few minutes (whether mining or another program like Kangaroo) and they would return various errors. In the RMA process, I put the exact error or code into the form. I've never been asked nor denied an RMA. Only thing I have read is physical damage...I do not think they would cover that. I am sure every manufacturer is different.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Used GPUs...if you can find one that is still under manufacturer's warranty, that is best. Usually a card has a 3 year warranty. I have purchased many used over the years with no issues.

Just a quick question - do GPU manufacturers even cover such damage as "abuse of the card" (I'm  using their terminology here) under warranty?

I'm under the impression that they'll merely ttell you to take a hike if they found out if you overworked the card. Esp. if you overclocked it (that certainly breaks warranty).

I mean, Nvidia and AMD won't accept such things but maybe you convince some of the 3rd party vendors to get a replacement for a limited number of cards (it quickly becomes impractical after like 3 changes).
Activity: 636
Merit: 516

and? this doesnt prevent you from running it,
although it does suggest you should try a compiler thats a bit more recent that 2015  Roll Eyes
Activity: 636
Merit: 516
probably not going to be the code that finds it, but i notice people have posted python here so..

https://github.com/barrystyle/b58

is currently hardcoded for #64,
on my 11th gen i7-1165g7 manages around 124,000 keys/sec.
matches using the hash160 rather than the full base58 address for speed.

james
Activity: 22
Merit: 3
Ok, that's 1,4 billion k/s.
Makes sense.

Yes, Around 1.4 Billion peak. it fluctuates but not wildly.
Ok, that's 1,4 billion k/s.
Makes sense.
Activity: 277
Merit: 106
My guess is that he meant 1400Mkeys/s
what would be the cheapest gpu's (but still acceptable speed) that I could purchase for participating in this puzzle?
 please any recommendations
mine is a founder edition and can hit 1,400,000,000 Mk/s with -b 4532 -t 32 -p 584."
Can you clarify this number?
You wrote 1,4 billion but used Mk/s (million keys per second).

Is this 1,4 billion keys per second or what?
I am happy to inform you that I spent quite a lot of time to refresh this topic and catch up with today's technology in terms of eliminating the problems that I was able to read or meet anywhere, and therefore - I added an extensive update to the main topic. I hope that for many people - the time I have devoted will be helpful and will solve most problems / questions / doubts. All the best!

If you want - you can send me a donation to my BTC wallet address 31hgbukdkehcuxcedchkdbsrygegyefbvd
Thanks a lot. This is what I was looking for. This will be very helpful, as these results were created while the VanitySearch performance was the same as the current VanitySearch performance with the scoping option. Nevertheless - the values will be more or less very similar, and I have a base for possible development. Soon there will be a table in the main topic - which I will gladly supplement with the missing types of cards, if someone has one ... Then I ask for info in the post or in PW (i.e. what GPU, how many Mkeys / s achieves and any additional starting variables such such as -g which increase performance)
Welcomed!

For the puzzle, I am spending time each day on #120 via Kangaroo. I still mine most of the day but switch over to #120 for a bit each day until I find around 2^20.5 DPs. Another forum user has quite a few DPs saved and I am starting to send him my tame and wild points and he checks to see if we have a collision.

Zielar, if you want to join in the hunt, I can set up your own port on my server and you can point and run your GPUs Smiley . We should be at around 2^28 DPs needed out of 2^30.55 DPs by the end of this month (running DP 30). The thrill of the hunt continues...slow and steady!

I wish I had saved my 115 files. I didn't think they would ever be useful then, and their size didn't encourage me to keep them anyway. Well ... it's hard. If I still have time - I will definitely join the cooperation, but I promised myself that I would finish topic # 64 for good first, and then focus on Kangaroo. In any case, if I get it again - we will surely get along somehow, because I will be happy to join the cooperation again, rather than wanting something again myself.
Pages:
Jump to: