Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin confirmations times are taking over 4 EFFING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - page 2. (Read 9455 times)

legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
Yeah, the sombitch finally confirmed after about 24 hours. Still not exactly sure why. If it was b/c of a low or zero fee, that's still horseshit. There's alot of confusion around fees etc.
There's no confusion at all. I am exactly sure why it took so long for your transaction to be confirmed, and I told you why. Smooth told you that I told you. He then repeated what I told you and so did DannyHamilton, twice. Why ask a question if you're not going to read the answer?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
maybe i'm missing something but why a transaction should depend of the previous transaction fee?
The problem isn't the dependence upon the fee of the previous transaction, but rather that the OP used unconfirmed inputs in his transaction.  Yes, those inputs were unconfirmed because the fee was 0, but the OP further complicated the matter by using those inputs in his own transaction.

As DannyHamilton mentioned, unless a pool is using a look-ahead method to know that by confirming the unconfirmed inputs they will be receiving fees from the child transaction, OP is forced to wait for those inputs to confirm.  Since it appears the transactions finally confirmed, everything is good to go.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
maybe i'm missing something but why a transaction should depend of the previous transaction fee?

It doesn't but it depends on the previous transaction being confirmed at all.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I just looked at my transaction on blockchain.info and I'm see this:

Estimated Confirmation: Time Within 6 Blocks (Medium Priority) (The transaction fee is less than recommended).

Yet I put the typical 0.0001 fee.

maybe the recommandation is based on the lowest fee that is used in the queue

Isn't this like super bad as in one of the main selling points for it as a currency is the short transactions times?

it was already said that the previous transaction does not included a fee, they should fix this to be honest

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
The transaction has now +90 confirmations so I guess we can now close the case.

Yeah, the sombitch finally confirmed after about 24 hours. Still not exactly sure why. If it was b/c of a low or zero fee, that's still horseshit. There's alot of confusion around fees etc.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
- snip -
This place has descended into a bunch of gullible naive retards,
- snip -

I've found that the "ignore" link has made my browsing experience here MUCH better.

I have little respect for the BTC community at this point.

Then you are talking to the wrong people.  You should be more careful about how you spend your time.

All of you can go fuck yourselves.

Now who's being immature?

There is little help around, a lot of bitching, and very little intellectual conversation.

I do what I can to help.  I try hard to avoid bitching.  What would you like to converse about?

I feel like talking to a tree would lead to more intellectual conversation.

If you are wasting your time talking to people that have signature ads, then I agree with you.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0

Most mature post I've ever seen.

This place has descended into a bunch of gullible naive retards, I have little respect for the BTC community at this point. All of you can go fuck yourselves. There is little help around, a lot of bitching, and very little intellectual conversation. I feel like talking to a tree would lead to more intellectual conversation.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
The transaction has now +90 confirmations so I guess we can now close the case.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
There is no world-wide money transfer system that settles transaction faster than those 4 hours. Well, Bitcoin and its clones are most of the time much faster. If you are willing to accept the risc of chargebacks, you should accept 0-confirmation transactions.
I send euro from my bank to the person with the same bank in 1-2 hours.
You are not sending euro, just some numbers changed in your bank, similar to doing an internal transaction in one of the bitcoin exchanges, some numbers changed in your bank's database, does not involve any real money transfer
i know but you get the point though, euros will be available in 1-2 hours.

My bank does not need hours to move numbers from one account to another. It's a matter of seconds. In Bitcoin an internal transfer is more like moving the private key from one wallet to another one. Depending on your wallets this process is very fast, too. But this is not what I meant with world-wide money transfer.
Activity: 154
That Darn Cat
Isn't this like super bad as in one of the main selling points for it as a currency is the short transactions times?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I just looked at my transaction on blockchain.info and I'm see this:

Estimated Confirmation: Time Within 6 Blocks (Medium Priority) (The transaction fee is less than recommended).

Yet I put the typical 0.0001 fee.
Well it's about value and adoption. I'm sure BTC can fix this with updates. But the bottom line is it has first mover advantage and there's room for only one cryptocurrency. Kinda like Ebay.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
It is unusual for a 3 btc transaction to be unconfirmed for so long even without a fee. May be all large pools decided to put a quota on transactions with no fee. They want to force senders to pay a higher fee.
If you run Bitcoin Core 0.10 you can ask it what priority would be needed to (usually) get into a block within say 30 blocks (5 hours). I tried to do that earlier but had trouble accessing my node.

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
You're not making any sense. THis is in an online poker site. I xfered money in, played, and now I'm withdrawing and stuck will this bullshit situation.

I'm not making any sense because you keep changing your story.

Clearly betcoin.ag has a bug in their software.  This is not Bitcoin's fault.  This is not the community's fault.

If you don't like the way betcoin.ag runs their company then you should stop using their services and warn others not to use their services.  If people continue to reward them for their shoddy service by giving them business, then they'll have no incentive to improve.

You gave money to betcoin.ag.

betcoin.ag failed to pay you properly when you withdrew money from your betcoin.ag account.  Complain to them and their customer service.  There isn't anything any of us can do to fix their shoddy code.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It is unusual for a 3 btc transaction to be unconfirmed for so long even without a fee. May be all large pools decided to put a quota on transactions with no fee. They want to force senders to pay a higher fee.
Thanks for your help.

The poker site is betcoin.ag
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-
Bitcoin is obviously not for you.
-snip-

Bitcoin is for everyone. Please stay on topic.

You're not making any sense. THis is in an online poker site. I xfered money in, played, and now I'm withdrawing and stuck will this bullshit situation.

Probably because Danny has to guess, a common guess is that you traded goods for the amount you will receive in the future. What online poker site are we talking about? They should definitly fix their software.

-snip-
Here's my question- this 0 fee culprit, it has to be confirmed at somepoint unless something else is wrong yes? I mean it's been 12+ hours and still no miner has confirmed it? I'm suspecting something more is at play here.

Its indeed strange that it has not been confirmed yet, because it has a high (value) input of 3 BTC and thus a high priority, which usually makes it fine to be spend without fee unless you expect the TX to get confirmed fast.

I tried rebroadcasting the TX a couple of times, but aparently it did nothing.

If anyone wants to help:

https://blockchain.info/tx/b5f1a50f10ef314e4e8c6b92e15f1972c1757f78665ab3f3fe7d705b67370257?format=hex

Code:
0100000001dc2128607ae5283e15b5b002c43a799867b68b24fe987e638a4cc9fe3b6df986000000006b483045022100d744b62e6c55ec071b5d69eb627e34b5c3fc57c3e75d5487d348c3a678658cd60220765b40e41996e3f7392b9136819c3babf838d59e14c06fe33c3315e157573b3f012103dcac1a49da49e8068c65aaa99423f634a82fd2e58e340c0a981f01eb2852e417ffffffff0240341d05000000001976a914ca56a7ea835b0d428dc42727962eb0763618083788acc06ec40c000000001976a914ccc82509507c698b9c70db09df033cd9c7ea0da588ac00000000
Yeah this is the culprit -> 1KfncRtWe8ycboDe1BAw4UyFBrgpZRHwpN

What happens if the 0 fee transaction in it gets dropped? Or it can't get dropped?
[/quote

Here's my question- this 0 fee culprit, it has to be confirmed at somepoint unless something else is wrong yes? I mean it's been 12+ hours and still no miner has confirmed it? I'm suspecting something more is at play here.
Pages:
Jump to: