Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin confirmations times are taking over 4 EFFING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - page 7. (Read 9455 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
correct mezzo. and there will be payment channels / lightning network and things we dont even know yet. i see no problem  Smiley

http://lightning.network/lightning-network.pdf
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
The present system is clearly indequate for consumer use. An escow service like visa will be required.

What do we talk about? Settling time? VISA needs 6 weeks (or is it even more?) until a transaction is settled and a chargeback is not possible anymore.

BTW, there are already Bitcoin payment processors that accept 0-confirmation transactions. Having a receiver that accepts 0-confirmation transactions, your payment is accepted in seconds (most of the time under 1 second!) and settling takes place a little bit later. Escrow is a different topic. If you are interested in escrow, check multisig escrow!
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
It happens sometimes, no body can control this. We know it's annoying but there isn't any solution to this. I never experienced this much delay. Can you show the block which took 4 hours?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I sold someone some bitcoins last night. From my phone to his it took about 15 seconds before the transaction went through.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Litecoin is 4 times faster...so just one hour  Wink

never had litecoin transfer blow out that far, but yeah its why i use litecoin over bitcoin in trading.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
There is no world-wide money transfer system that settles transaction faster than those 4 hours.

i take it you don't get out much, or do you just keep telling yourself this to make yourself feel better when using the almost useless as a currency bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
Litecoin is 4 times faster...so just one hour  Wink
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
There is no world-wide money transfer system that settles transaction faster than those 4 hours. Well, Bitcoin and its clones are most of the time much faster. If you are willing to accept the risc of chargebacks, you should accept 0-confirmation transactions.

The present system is clearly indequate for consumer use. An escow service like visa will be required.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
There is no world-wide money transfer system that settles transaction faster than those 4 hours. Well, Bitcoin and its clones are most of the time much faster. If you are willing to accept the risc of chargebacks, you should accept 0-confirmation transactions.
Who exactly are you shouting at, or complaining to?  You do know that no one can change that your confirmations are taking so long don't you?

Maybe increase the transaction fee, or you have just been unlucky a couple of times in a row.  It isn't really a big issue when you try to spend them, but for moving BTC to exchanges or other wallets I see that it is annoying.

I'm yelling at the communicty. This is an unacceptable currency if it takes 4 hours to make legitimize a purchase. Put resources on fixing this. As as far as I can tell this it bitcoins biggest threat to widepread option.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Who exactly are you shouting at, or complaining to?  You do know that no one can change that your confirmations are taking so long don't you?

Maybe increase the transaction fee, or you have just been unlucky a couple of times in a row.  It isn't really a big issue when you try to spend them, but for moving BTC to exchanges or other wallets I see that it is annoying.
This is the second time in 2 days I've moved money and it's taken over 4 FUCKNG HOURS. .0001 BTC Fee. Pardon my french BUT WHAT IN THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GODDAMN NETWORK that this is occuring? A fucking 300 baud modem could move data faster than this.

This is total unacccepptable epic bullshit on every level. You think bitcoin will go to 0 cents in the future? Well keep up this bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: