Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin could be used to pay for Bills,load and for travel in the Philippines - page 8. (Read 18505 times)

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Yes that is true,because i already did that and also i buy load from it , so digital currencies here in the Philippines was totally accepted and i think there's no issue about it,because it totally give help for us to be use as fast transaction and also for investing.
Well, the Philippines is crypto friendly. Many Filipino people like to used crypto because there's nothing implemented a law that may against in crypto or just even having tax they did not do that. If I not mistaken they are talking about Coins.ph app which is commonly used or let say majority used by a crypto enthusiast in the Philippines. That wallet has many functions, can do trade, paying bills and E-load system, also very convenient it withdrawing fiat.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Here in the Philippines we could use our local wallet called coins.ph to buy load pay for our electric,water and credit card bills and even book for travel.

There is a thread in the gambling discussion saying that we should not gamble our bitcoin and that changed my mind.

He's right, bitcoin could grow any time soon. So, why do we need to use bitcoin if we can gather more from it in the future?
Well we all have different opinion and of course Bitcoins price could grow but let's not forget that it could also drop down as well.
And the question is why wouldn't you use it as a regular currency?
We all want Bitcoin to be accepted and now that it is being accepted you aren't going to use it,
Why would you demand for acceptance if you would just ignore it when it is being accepted?
That's very simple, when the usage and acceptance of bitcoin increases automatically there will be good circulation of bitcoin in the market. Also the need for bitcoin will increase high, but when this scenario exists people tend to hold to experience the growth and get good profit. Most of the users who ignore after acceptance and keep hold were the low volume holders.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Here in the Philippines we could use our local wallet called coins.ph to buy load pay for our electric,water and credit card bills and even book for travel.

There is a thread in the gambling discussion saying that we should not gamble our bitcoin and that changed my mind.

He's right, bitcoin could grow any time soon. So, why do we need to use bitcoin if we can gather more from it in the future?
We can gamble in bitcoin anytime, we are always welcome here in this forum, we should gather more and more bitcoin as price is now not very high, whenever you invest in bitcoin price will rise even if it is low  but with time it will rise higher, so it is easy in my place we will we can pay for anything we want to do with money, we are able to do with crypto currency today.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

Well we all have different opinion and of course Bitcoins price could grow but let's not forget that it could also drop down as well.
And the question is why wouldn't you use it as a regular currency?
We all want Bitcoin to be accepted and now that it is being accepted you aren't going to use it,
Why would you demand for acceptance if you would just ignore it when it is being accepted?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Philippines is really making it easy with crypto currency.
They made a local wallet for the people in the Philippines to use for the crypto ,
They made it easy to convert crypto into Fiat and making it easy to pay bills with crypto you wouldn't have to leave your house just to pay bills no more waiting for your turn in the counter ,
You could just easily pay it with just a few clicks .
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

Merit: 263
It shows only that in the Philippines recognized bitcoin, because it can really help in any transaction to become fast. We believe also not only in the Philippines will accept but in sooner some other countries will follow and allow to use bitcoin.
i believe too the other country that will accept and recognize bitcoin on how Philippines treat it. Bitcoin mamy filipino people are love bitcoin and if you saw theres a lot of stores and even the governement recognize bitcoin. So the wallet of coins.ph is really upgraded their system because they believe they have support to the government and they did not have any problem and I believe theres a lot of service coming to coins.ph
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

Let me clarify some things that you mentioned: you can pay the bills using our local wallet but our bitcoins must be converted to cash before we could pay them. Same as booking our travels and paying credit card bills. What you can pay directly using bitcoins are mobile prepaid load, online game credits, send money online, etc.
Although some services are not available, we are indeed in a very fortunate place as we can enjoy these services with the convenience of online transactions. Unlike other local wallets, I believe that coins.ph offers the more options and services compared to others.

Phillipines have done very well in their adoption and usage of bitcoin. It is a good thing bitcoin is now being freely used for the payment of things including traveling. This shows bitcoin adoption is still on the increase despite the several negative news and critisizm that has been thrown at it for long. Great one from the Phillippines and hope other countries will do the same as time goes on.

Bitcoin adoption is still at its embryonic stage but the exposure is continuously rising with the recent implementations of allowing bitcoin operators in our PEZA (Philippine Economic Zone Authority). There are rumours about cryptocurrencies as being payments for transportations and all of these contribute to the rising popularity of it in the country.
Merit: 513
I used coins.ph and Im very happy because we have kind of wallet like that. Im not saying this is the best wallet but if we talking about features for sure you will find it. Because this is not only wallet you can use it to buy loads, pay bills, buy anything and many more. I use other wallet too but I don't see any features and it's only a wallet that you can hold your bitcoin and altcoins.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
It shows only that in the Philippines recognized bitcoin, because it can really help in any transaction to become fast. We believe also not only in the Philippines will accept but in sooner some other countries will follow and allow to use bitcoin.
I agree.Sooner a lot of countries will come to accept bitcoin as a payment system.It's good to know that Philippines who is not really a very progressive country is now accepting bitcoin just to offer more convenience on the side of the people when it comes to money transactions.Although bitcoin is still best for investment but let us not forget its essence as a currency.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
I am really impressed with the massive steps the Philippines have taken in the crypto world. They have bitcoin ATM also. It is really good as they are showing the world Bitcoin can be used for our day to day transactions with ease. I hope other countries will see this and get to realize adopting bitcoin use is for their own good.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
Phillipines have done very well in their adoption and usage of bitcoin. It is a good thing bitcoin is now being freely used for the payment of things including traveling. This shows bitcoin adoption is still on the increase despite the several negative news and critisizm that has been thrown at it for long. Great one from the Phillippines and hope other countries will do the same as time goes on.
I know that the Philippines accepts bitcoin for payment transactions and hopes that this will be an invitation for other countries in Southeast Asia to jointly legalize bitcoin, which means a step forward in the application of digital currencies, because it cannot be claimed by a country.
As for domestic daily needs, they still use their own official money. If a country legalizes bitcoin, we can be sure the development of bitcoin in that country will be very fast.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
But I wouldn't use Bitcoin to pay for anything that fiat can pay with unless it's very necessary, if I were you. Bitcoin is a provably scarce resource, don't waste it. HODL. Cool
Yeah, it is better to hodl Bitcoin for a longer period of time until it reaches your desired price that you think you could gain profits from it. I also pay my bills using Crypto Currency when there is no other way and I'm out of cash sometimes but it is better to pay bills using paper money rather than using Crypto Currency.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
thats good. it mean many people will know about bitcoin, traveler that going to your country will use that service, and its good for bitcoins traveler. easy to earn bitcoin make it easy to use all service in that country. i hope my country following some country that legalize bitcoin and can pay anything with cryptocurrent.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Although not a wealthy country it is still allowing bitcoin to be a part of it's economy. It could attract investors and businesses to move to manila thereby lifting the economy as a result
Activity: 714
Merit: 114

in my opinion it is a good thing but still have to pay attention to the rules that are in that country because it involves the state's income through the taxation sector, but if all of them have been given permission then that is a good thing, because many people already know btc.

what rules ? there is no rules to be followed because as i said earlier the country of the philipiines is verry open to cryptocurrency  . crypto isnt also taxed but by using the coins.ph  users are getting taxed because its not a typical wallet  .

I'm glad to hear that. But it seems to me that it is very rare trend in the world.
Just for the record. In my country 90% people don't know about BTC. But I believe that BTC(and other cryptocurrencys) will be more popular in near future.

no its not a rare because this isnt the first wallet or the first country that offers that kind of service  . philipine is only following the idea of others  because on that country cryptocurrency is 100 percent legal  the problem is only the adopters or the people  that didnt know it . some are still thinking that crypto is a joke coin  .
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
This is really a nice idea and one of the greatest implementations as far as cryptocurrency is concerned. But one thing is for me to buy with BTC for now will mean that I really need the thing urgently. This is because I bought BTC at a higher price and I am experiencing a loss now so Im HODLing on to whatever amount I have for now!!
Right.Cryptocurrency have gone so far and now a lot of people are already experiencing its benefits.But spending my bitcoins as easy as that would also mean losing my expected profit in the future so i still prefer to spend my fiat currency from my pocket.Maybe in times that i don't have enough fiat on my pocket,then that's the time i will spend a fraction of my bitcoin.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
This is really a nice idea and one of the greatest implementations as far as cryptocurrency is concerned. But one thing is for me to buy with BTC for now will mean that I really need the thing urgently. This is because I bought BTC at a higher price and I am experiencing a loss now so Im HODLing on to whatever amount I have for now!!
Activity: 602
Merit: 118

Some of the new breakthroughs made by the Philippines on bitcoin will have a positive impact on the development of bitcoin later, maybe now Bitcoin there has penetrated their various financial sectors both those managed by the government, the private sector and the individuals. We hope that hopefully the development of bitcoin in the Philippines can be a good example, so it can stimulate other countries to use it.
Pages:
Jump to: