Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 144. (Read 293872 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
February 12, 2015, 01:30:27 PM
tell me one thing...when we order card,we can use it like debit?and can we buy things in shops? Cheesy   Roll Eyes  Huh

It's visa debit card, you can use everywhere (online shopping, in store, atm etc.)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 12, 2015, 01:08:38 PM
tell me one thing...when we order card,we can use it like debit?and can we buy things in shops? Cheesy   Roll Eyes  Huh
February 12, 2015, 12:10:03 PM
I can confirm that the card is accepted by paypal. It took only seconds to confirm the card in my paypal account. Very nice now I can buy stuff with bitcoin wherever paypal is accepted.

Oh really? I hadnt even tried as I just assumed it wouldnt work  (didnt work with these mbank cards).
Gotta try this, this would be very handy indeed.

edit: indeed, it works Cheesy

just make sure that primary currency on your paypal account is set to USD to avoid currency conversion fees
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 12, 2015, 11:58:26 AM
I can confirm that the card is accepted by paypal. It took only seconds to confirm the card in my paypal account. Very nice now I can buy stuff with bitcoin wherever paypal is accepted.

Oh really? I hadnt even tried as I just assumed it wouldnt work  (didnt work with these mbank cards).
Gotta try this, this would be very handy indeed.

edit: indeed, it works Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
February 12, 2015, 11:23:44 AM
Oh so India is not in that list. By the way, where can this debit card be used as I have not seen any local shop accepting Bitcoins so this debit card would be handy if shops do accept it as cash.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
February 12, 2015, 10:46:18 AM
Still got several questions about the transaction list. It really is hard to read with all those different currencies. Will make a list of all the questions and send them to support.

Next test POS with the card.
February 12, 2015, 10:22:55 AM

we are glad you like it. If you have any feedback please let us know here or on [email protected]
February 12, 2015, 10:18:43 AM
February 12, 2015, 08:58:52 AM
Received my card today activation was easy and the PIN was easy too.

Great job.

BTC is on the way going to try to order something from an UK shop after the card is charged.

One remark about the bitcoin transaction list. please add the txid of the transaction to that list.

It seems some parts of the site are missing or I can't access them. The FAQ mentions a PROFILE page but I can't find it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
February 12, 2015, 06:06:14 AM
How do I activate my card? I tried going to mychoiceprepaid.com, but it askes me for either the last 4 digits of my SSN or an email/password login, neither of which I have.

you activate it on ecoin website. To get the cards pin you have to call mychoice, the phone number is plastered all over the card. You will need the card numbers and the date of birth you gave ecoin.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 12, 2015, 03:00:51 AM
How do I activate my card? I tried going to mychoiceprepaid.com, but it askes me for either the last 4 digits of my SSN or an email/password login, neither of which I have.

you activate it on ecoin website. To get the cards pin you have to call mychoice, the phone number is plastered all over the card. You will need the card numbers and the date of birth you gave ecoin.
Activity: 504
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
February 12, 2015, 02:56:39 AM
Activity: 210
February 12, 2015, 01:32:08 AM
Ahh, 2% is a lot for just a card to convert Fiat to BitCoin to BitCoin to Fiat again. Guess the only way to combat that is price fluctuations.
Activity: 63
Merit: 11
February 11, 2015, 07:45:44 PM
An actual debit card? Does this actually work well? Are there any fees for depositing money onto the card?

Absolutely. The fee is 2% on top of the exchange BTC/USD rate.
Activity: 210
February 11, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
An actual debit card? Does this actually work well? Are there any fees for depositing money onto the card?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 09, 2015, 05:15:27 AM
when can we expect euro cards to go live? and if i was to use a $ card in the EU, what sort of charges can i expect aside from the normal 2% deposit fee? also, is there a withdraw fee if i want to remove bitcoins from the card?

thanks.

We expect euro and GB pound cards to be available in a month.
If you pay by your usd card in euros (or any other currency) the standard conversion fee (usd to euro) of 3% applies. As per ATM withdrawals the fee is 2.75euro/3.50usd per withdrawal.

Hope it helps.

Hi there,
I am on my way to order one of your USD debit card. I am already using the Xapo one. Do you have any ETA for the Multiple currency one. This is the one I would prefer as I am based in Switzerland

we are planning to start shipping multi-currency cards in a couple of months

I got my card, ordered on Monday, received on Friday. Super fast.
I have not loaded the card yet but will do it and test it soon.
I would love to see the implementation of the buy BTC feature.

Thx
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
February 08, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
got my card a few (working) days after ordering. thanks. havnt had time to test it yet though. will update when ever i do.
Activity: 63
Merit: 11
February 08, 2015, 04:38:08 PM
Activity: 938
February 08, 2015, 01:42:44 AM
Why do we need a physical debt card? Couldn't we just all use our i-phones?

lol i would 1st of all never use any service that stores card information on file like iphone to pay for stuff even for credit cards where i have some protection from unlawful usage. 2nd of all i dont even have a smart phone iphone or android lol i got old fassioned dumb phone  so that leaves me with the actual debit card itself.

very valid points!
Jump to: