Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin EU Convention 2013 (Amsterdam, Netherlands September 26th~28th) - page 4. (Read 30290 times)

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
After getting a terrible cold yesterday, ended up sleeping in today. Heading out now. Will do a Jordaan walking tour from TripAdvisor Amsterdam app, followed by arts history tour. Will have to do museums tomorrow, since it's late today.

If someone finds a nice place to have dinner, let us know.

Boca's is nice in the jordaan. Make a reservation. Not terribly expensive and fantastic meat platters.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
After getting a terrible cold yesterday, ended up sleeping in today. Heading out now. Will do a Jordaan walking tour from TripAdvisor Amsterdam app, followed by arts history tour. Will have to do museums tomorrow, since it's late today.

If someone finds a nice place to have dinner, let us know.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Headed over to the Museum as well, after being closed for 17 years, it will be my first chance to get in as well.   I've heard is is phenomenal.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Heading out to National Maritime Museum, near Amsterdam Centraal.

Will look for a cafe for lunch, as close to the museum as possible.  Will sit outside, if people want to meet up.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
if you walk to the end of the rozengracht, away from the center, then turn right onto marnixstraat you will see the big sign for the bar
7:30p - ??
Café Sound Garden
Marnixstraat 164-166, 1016 TG Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone:+31 20 620 2853
Hours: Friday 1:00 pm – 1:00 am

I was at 8pm and no one was there.

Hope tomorrow I can put you face, because I still don't know you boys!

Look for this guy He's always carrying a black tablet with a "Bought with Bitcoin" sticker on it.

Yup met this guy.
glf
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
ill be in amsterdam the whole time tomorrow. If someone wants to sell me bitcoins for euros please send me a message.
legendary
Well to be clear, I want to go in the museum, not just near it ;p

I'm going to the museums tomorrow. Van Gogh, whatever others are nearby, and Anne Frank, before we get on a canal tour later in the evening. Anyone wants to meet up somewhere at some time?
legendary
Well to be clear, I want to go in the museum, not just near it ;p
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
I will be around tomorrow if you want to hang out, eat lunch or do the tourist thing.

Sounds good.

RE tourist:  I do want to see the waterfront near the National Maritime Museum.  Dutch East India Company made a pretty big impact on the world.

The best way to do that is grab a boat and captain around

http://sloepdelen.nl/en/rental

edit: or take the free ferry from behind centraal to Noord and back, very short boat ride...
legendary
I will be around tomorrow if you want to hang out, eat lunch or do the tourist thing.

Sounds good.

RE tourist:  I do want to see the waterfront near the National Maritime Museum.  Dutch East India Company made a pretty big impact on the world.

legendary
I'm here until Wednesday afternoon, though Tuesday I'll be touring all over Holland, visiting clog and cheese factories and such. I'll be happy to meet up for lunch or dinner or something. I'll be using TripAdvisor's Amsterdam City Guide to do walking tours  around the city. I have mobile web here, so feel free to hit me up here on the forums, or email me at [email protected]

Oh, and thanks everyone for coming. All of us were very happy about how the convention turned out. It greatly surpassed our expectations  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
It was an amazing day with amazing people and I really enjoyed it. I am sorry that I had to go, but I'm very tired. I hope to see you all again at some point!

I would like to thank everyone who made this happen. You all did a great job!
Activity: 784
Merit: 501

Make sure they don't have any pitchforks!

Or torture instruments. If you want to experience the more gruesome history of Amsterdam you could go to the Amsterdam Dungeons. Grin

http://www.thedungeons.com/amsterdam/en/
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Make sure they don't have any pitchforks!
legendary
Activity: 1260
legendary
Will anybody be around tomorrow, or Monday?  I'm flying out Monday afternoon.

YT will be turning in early tonight and miss the party.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
After the conference this evening, I am going to be holding a poker game. Just find me after the tournament if you're interested.

The game will start right after the conference, we're going to hold it at a bar/restaurant so even if you're not interested in playing you can still come and hang out.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
legendary
Tonight's after con party is at:
Café Wheels
Wolvenstraat 4
1016EM Amsterdam
8pm

Bitcoin will be accepted
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Could not make it along yesterday, the joys of living here mean i do have commitments, but i will be floating around and points today and looking for a beer toward the end of the day Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: