Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin eventually disappear... - page 11. (Read 4280 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
October 15, 2018, 10:37:00 AM
There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

You are partially correct. If people continue to die with their private wallet sees and password, the amount of Bitcoin actually in use will keep on decreasing with time.
with diminishing supply, of course, prices will soar up. but of course if later it is accepted by all countries, of course there will be policies to safeguard development of bitcoin

It`s correct that less bitcoins in circulations is actually a good thing for the people who have some bitcoins, less supply and high demand will push the price up. What I don`t understand is what countries can do about bitcoin? It`s not up to them, everything depends from miners and what they agree to do with chain. You need to learn a lot about bitcoins, bitcoin forks, and who have a vote on the network, countries can just watch if they don`t have some hash power under their control. Bitcoin will not die, this is just some not so logical thought in op`s mind, don`t spread spam and mix things in your head, inform yourself about bitcoin before making this kind of statements.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
October 15, 2018, 10:14:00 AM
There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

You are partially correct. If people continue to die with their private wallet sees and password, the amount of Bitcoin actually in use will keep on decreasing with time.
with diminishing supply, of course, prices will soar up. but of course if later it is accepted by all countries, of course there will be policies to safeguard development of bitcoin
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
October 15, 2018, 09:02:13 AM
That is true! I didn't think about that. But with the supply now and people learning fron their  mistakes i think it will take a while before that happens. Once that happens maybe we'll see different scenarios. One will be that Bitcoin will lose value and we'll look at a different coin or we'll use a more sophisticated verification to retrieve lost coins.
What do you mean by disappearing bitcoin? Do you want to say that if the price drops more and more it will disappear one day? I think differently than you. I think that the price of bitcoin will not drop than $6000 and with the passage of time it will increase again. I am not saying about any bump in the price but when the market cap increase the price will also increase. 
Activity: 64
Merit: 2
October 15, 2018, 06:26:50 AM
I don't think it will happen. Bitcoin will stay no matter what happens in it. it may face it's toughest situation but it will always survive for sure. I believe that Bitcoin will stay forever in the crypto World. that's for sure.
Yeah I also think that it will never disappear because it is the future currency of the world and yes I admit that all other currencies will disappear from the market. Bitcoin will be there forever. Some people spread disappointment among people, may they want that bitcoin should not be the global currency and to prevent people from investment it will disappear automatically from the market.
Activity: 154
Merit: 17
October 13, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

Is this correct?

Activity: 276
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 13, 2018, 07:02:35 PM
Contrary to that, bitcoin will eventually replace fiat currency in the coming years and bitcoin's existence will go on. That's my opinion too so i don't really care about FUD and other negative opinions on bitcoin because that's their opinion too.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
October 13, 2018, 03:57:06 PM
I think this is the wrong view. Market ups and downs are very normal. Bitcoin will land when it takes off, so there is no big prize, but it won't disappear.
in my opinion this is a wrong view of bitcoin. bitcoin won't end at any time. if bitcoin will be lost maybe other coins will be affected in investing.
For sure if they will make bitcoin disappear so they should remember than bitcoin is the mother of all other coins, so it is controlling and ruling on the entire crypto market and it will never get disappear, in my thinking this kind of news are only to listen but not to believe because it does not make any sense to me for me bitcoin is an every green currency and best investment ever.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
October 11, 2018, 12:48:32 PM

Is this correct?

The number of bitcoins due to various losses will certainly decrease. However, I think it’s too early to worry about it. To date, about 17 million bitcoins have been mined. Lost are about 6 million. Due to the increase in the cost of Bitcoin, its safety will be treated more carefully and their total number will also decrease more slowly. Together with those that will be mined, there will be about 15 million bitcoins. Even if in thirty years their total number decreases to 10 million, they will walk all the same, their cost of decreasing the total number will only grow.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
October 11, 2018, 12:33:33 PM

Is this correct?

I think bitcoin doesn't disappear, it's just that people's awareness of how valuable bitcoin is is still very low, you can imagine how people have a lot of bitcoin. hundreds to thousands, but they sell cheap or forget their account password. then what is the current condition?
that is what should be solved, the bitcoin that still settles in a random wallets without the owner itself forgot its key
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
October 11, 2018, 12:08:36 PM
In the end, we all disappear. There is nothing eternal. I do not think that BTC will disappear in the near future.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 11:43:01 AM
I think this is the wrong view. Market ups and downs are very normal. Bitcoin will land when it takes off, so there is no big prize, but it won't disappear.
in my opinion this is a wrong view of bitcoin. bitcoin won't end at any time. if bitcoin will be lost maybe other coins will be affected in investing.

Bitcoin will never end. I have a strong feeling that it will recover again soon. We just need to believe and keep hoping that more and more new investors will gonna support bitcoin.
Activity: 332
October 11, 2018, 11:32:47 AM
Activity: 351
Merit: 11
October 11, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

Is this correct?

Bitcoin will not disappear just like a bubble because as long as many people needs a bitcoin and patronizing bitcoin the bitcoin will increase because the demand of it will increase so I think of disappearing of bitcoin is not really possible.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
October 11, 2018, 08:30:02 AM
Probably, as long as there are bitcoin users still buying it continuously. I don't think that bitcoin will disappear, as far as I know when the demand increase the price value will increase also. Then, it not because the value of bitcoin will get dump it doesn't mean it will be gone of course not!
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
October 11, 2018, 08:06:25 AM
Perhaps some certain part of bitcoins will disappear, but not all of this is for sure.Most people organize their activities with maximum responsibility, so this will not happen.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
October 11, 2018, 07:43:38 AM
It could happen, as there really is a low circulation of whole bitcoins in the world compared to the amount of people. Over time a lot of them will be lost and have been lost already, I'm not sure many people will like to use tiny decimal amounts in the long run. You could also argue that bitcoin is the first iteration of a working digital currency and it seems inevitable that an improved implementation will take the market share.
no one knows for sure the development of cryptocurrency information that says bitcoin will be lost often we hear and see even years ago, but in fact it can still be accessed and invested
Apparently, no one can tell what the future holds, but when it comes to the future of cryptocurrency, we can at least deduce what the future could be like judging from now onward.

We cannot actually tell exactly what will be happening but one thing for sure is that this market is developing and growing gradually, which I so much believe that in a very short time, we will start seeing mainstream adoption becoming a thing, and looking at how institutions, banks, government and countries are looking to be a part of it than fight it, it just makes things a whole lot better.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
October 11, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

Is this correct?

That’s not possible, it’s not going to happen. But assuming it happens, when there are a lot of lost Bitcoins, I think it will make the price of those available to increase, meaning that Bitcoin will get costly. That Bitcoins get lost doesn’t mean that everything will disappear just like that and there wouldn’t be any left to be used. And trust me, the devs will always find a way to tackle any problem that comes their way.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
October 11, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

Is this correct?

This is possible in a sense of "active coins". Because of human error they might forget that they do have a bitcoin and they may forgot also the passwords, seeds , email account, exchanges accounts, let's say that 21 million coins were already finished mining and there are 300 people which each of them has 1 bitcoin and unfortunately forgot where is it now, 300 x 1 =300 bitcoins,  does this mean that 21 million bitcoin will now be decreased because of human error? , the answer is no, it's still 21 million yet the 300 bitcoin is not active , same with the holders who just holds their bitcoin. Therefore, the active coins that are currently flowing may decrease because of the holders and the people who forgot they have bitcoin but the total amount of bitcoin will never decrease.

I don't think so, Bitcoin is one the most stable coins among all other crypto as posted in the market, yes, we've have seen the drops on its price value as posted in the market yet market corrected itself soon after the drop. Bitcoin will be here with us for a long period of time, it started somewhere in 2008-2009 and we've seen now how it remains on the top of crypto currency world.

Activity: 560
October 11, 2018, 06:51:50 AM
No one can predict until when bitcoin will be existed,but as long as many who supports and investors bitcoin will never be dissappear,.
As we know bitcoin is still a long time living currencies from how many years past by up to now and it is still in demand by global.,his is my point of view and when theres a technology bitcoin is still be a part of our daily needs.
I agree bitcoin existed for many years now and it cannot easily disappeared. As long people or users involced in bitcoin it will be existing. When dump of price happen btc can arise it’s value.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
October 11, 2018, 06:27:59 AM
Maybe that can happen if everyone on crypto thinks bitcoin is meaningless and that will reduce the value of bitcoin. But before you have such thoughts, you must see the popularity of bitcoin and bitcoin being the most valuable in crypto, so bitcoin will not be lost.
Unfortunately, I doubt if a day like that will ever come considering the fact that so many people are actually looking up to the fact that cryptocurrency right now is the future of payment and we are beginning to see a lot of government in most countries trying as much as possible to accept it, adopt it and benefit greatly from it.

We are far from the level at which we can start thinking of bitcoin eventually disappearing, as long as real life usage kicks in, adoption takes the top notch and then we see a lot of people getting to use it in their everyday lives, the disappearing thing will not even come to mind at all.
Pages:
Jump to: