Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin eventually disappear... - page 13. (Read 4280 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
October 09, 2018, 11:29:19 PM
That is true! I didn't think about that. But with the supply now and people learning fron their  mistakes i think it will take a while before that happens. Once that happens maybe we'll see different scenarios. One will be that Bitcoin will lose value and we'll look at a different coin or we'll use a more sophisticated verification to retrieve lost coins.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 09, 2018, 03:18:44 AM
It is interesting for me. People deliberately spread panic in order to achieve even greater fall of BTC, or do they really think so ?. I am sure that nothing will happen to BTC, because there is too much money here.
with the increasing number of bitcoiners, then it is difficult to move the market significantly with its funds. so they make negative news about it, and move bitcoiner's panic to achieve the goals they want
Activity: 406
October 09, 2018, 02:39:31 AM
It is interesting for me. People deliberately spread panic in order to achieve even greater fall of BTC, or do they really think so ?. I am sure that nothing will happen to BTC, because there is too much money here.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
October 09, 2018, 01:55:11 AM
It could happen, as there really is a low circulation of whole bitcoins in the world compared to the amount of people. Over time a lot of them will be lost and have been lost already, I'm not sure many people will like to use tiny decimal amounts in the long run. You could also argue that bitcoin is the first iteration of a working digital currency and it seems inevitable that an improved implementation will take the market share.
no one knows for sure the development of cryptocurrency information that says bitcoin will be lost often we hear and see even years ago, but in fact it can still be accessed and invested
Activity: 476
October 09, 2018, 01:04:16 AM
Maybe so, but if that should happen (and that's a long shot) then the price of the unowned Bitcoin will skyrocket since everyone else owns or lost it. But it will not be healthy if Bitcoin didn't circulate so by the time that almost all Bitcoins are lost, we have moved on to another coin or better yet, had a more sophisticated verification retrieve lost coins.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
October 08, 2018, 11:38:11 AM
Maybe that can happen if everyone on crypto thinks bitcoin is meaningless and that will reduce the value of bitcoin. But before you have such thoughts, you must see the popularity of bitcoin and bitcoin being the most valuable in crypto, so bitcoin will not be lost.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
October 08, 2018, 10:51:28 AM
Maybe in the future they will find a way to gain access to those "lost" coins. I'm not much into programming but the way I understand it is because of its tight security unless you know the private key to the addresses then you can't move those coins. If it weren't, security is nothing. So, we'll just see what happens.
Bitcoin is hacked, like money at a stolen ATM. So security is our own responsibility. It's better to save Bitcoin in an offline wallet, because it's safer. In addition to the code stored in the software, you must save it manually, to avoid damaged software. If the code is lost, the bitcoin is lost.
Activity: 56
August 15, 2018, 11:50:49 AM
Well, in this 3rd quarter of 2018 Bitcoin may become in a small number, but there are 21 million number of bitcoin available in the internet, so it would unlikely to happen. If and when that will happen, the price of bitcoin will be very high because of the demand and supply law. If the supply is law and demand is high, the price will also high. Just have faith, and keep the good work.
Activity: 98
July 20, 2018, 07:35:07 AM
BTC can hardly disappear from this world, I believe they will last forever and thrive in the next few years.
Activity: 77
July 20, 2018, 07:33:01 AM
I think we still have some ways to deal with it.
As other altcoins, we can still figure out coins that are 'dead', or coins that in wallets that are inactive, and ignore them by making a swap for the new coins to take over.
Or if it  actually gets destroyed, we will just stop using it as we have a lot of other coins to make use of.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
July 20, 2018, 07:26:53 AM
No bitcoin will not be able to disappear. Thinking technically, bitcoin that turns out to be very popular in a coin has become a coin. There is a lot of names in Bitcoin all over the world. And bitcoin's success does not end. Bitcoin is also being used in the banking side. So we can say bitcoin may not be disappear.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
March 09, 2018, 02:42:52 PM
There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin will end in the future because of its limited amount. If that will not happen in the future, it may experience downfall and will not be famous any more. There will be other crypto currencies that will surpass the features and capabilities of bitcoin.
This is really so absurd to wonder even in the wildest thoughts that bitcoin is going to disappear form the world gradually. Bitcoin has given people a new hope of living their dreamed lives and make their future brighter than the brightest diamond in the world. bitcoin has the support of public, common man is taking maximum advantage of this currency so I don’t think so, any entity or authority in the world is strong enough to remove bitcoin forever.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
March 08, 2018, 07:42:37 PM
I don't believe that human error can occur on such a large scale on the same time. This situation is practically impossible to happen.

Yes. Those human error mostly happened in the past. Because those most of the early holders didn't see that bitcoin will go as high as $19K in the future. So they throw their desktops, others formatted their pc, etc.

And the lost bitcoin will somewhat add to the price of bitcoin in the positive. Because bitcoin is very scarce and the closer we get to 21M coins, the bigger the price. So I don't think that bitcoin will just disappear. It will be rare in the future that will push its price to new heights.
Activity: 630
Merit: 257
March 08, 2018, 06:15:21 PM
I don't believe that human error can occur on such a large scale on the same time. This situation is practically impossible to happen. Its an hypothetical situation which has baseless argue. As per this situation anything can happen in this world, All Banks severs can crash at same moment, and have endless possibilities.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
March 08, 2018, 05:57:45 AM
Well you posted this in the "Economics" section, so let's make this about economics.

People have an amount of BTC.  The higher the value of their BTC, the more likely they are to keep it in safe locations or spread it between different places.  So the chance of them losing their BTC decreases exponentially as the price rises.

If they lose BTC, the supply decreases, therefore making the remaining BTC supply (marginally) more valuable and making people less likely to lose it.  So it never reaches a point at which there's not enough left.

So basically, no.  It's impossible.
They lose that bitcoin but it is not gone. It cant just disappear from wallet. The fact that the person cant acces the wallet doesnt mean the bitcoins doesn't exist. Yeah, bitcoin price is partially determined by the total supply but if you lost your bitcoins wallet thats not going to decrease the total supply. It will remain the same. The price grows every day because it is harder and harder to mine it not because bitcoins are lost every day

Exactly and if someone's bitcoin loss it will disappear forever and if disappearing bitcoin can affect the supply, well maybe we still have a high supply yet this won't happen.

I don't know what OP in his mind for asking this, maybe he's not just aware how the demand and supply dictates the value of bitcoin and it actually apply to all things and this how the law of supply and demand works.
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
March 08, 2018, 05:29:39 AM
There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin will end in the future because of its limited amount. If that will not happen in the future, it may experience downfall and will not be famous any more. There will be other crypto currencies that will surpass the features and capabilities of bitcoin.
Activity: 182
March 08, 2018, 05:00:32 AM
Well you posted this in the "Economics" section, so let's make this about economics.

People have an amount of BTC.  The higher the value of their BTC, the more likely they are to keep it in safe locations or spread it between different places.  So the chance of them losing their BTC decreases exponentially as the price rises.

If they lose BTC, the supply decreases, therefore making the remaining BTC supply (marginally) more valuable and making people less likely to lose it.  So it never reaches a point at which there's not enough left.

So basically, no.  It's impossible.
How analytical is the idea.  The existence of bitcoin really depends on the community. As long as the community uses, needs and wants it then bitcoin will not disappear. The law on supply and demand also applies to this.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
March 08, 2018, 04:58:41 AM
Maybe in the future they will find a way to gain access to those "lost" coins. I'm not much into programming but the way I understand it is because of its tight security unless you know the private key to the addresses then you can't move those coins. If it weren't, security is nothing. So, we'll just see what happens.
Activity: 496
Merit: 254
March 08, 2018, 04:31:58 AM

Is this correct?

Bitcoin now is starting to penetrate by  accepting it as a means of payments whether in online or stock markets, even banks. so if thats the case, government will make a way to retain it if it will become mode of payments everywhere. so i don't think it will disappear.
I must say that bitcoin is gaining more and more better reputation with every passing day and that there is no such point of saying such kind of things that bitcoin is getting disappeared or anything like that. Bitcoin is there and will surely remain there in this very world for a very significant period of time and that it will keep on helping all of us in making a better living and helping us in having what all we need to have.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

Is this correct?

Bitcoin cant disappear that easily specially nowadays, there were many investors and members trust bitcoin.If became a widely use even if there were many threats on it because, they have seen a big potential within bitcoin.
Agree with you it is the time for the bitcoin to grow more and more, it is increasing in demand and price these days. Still more than 90% of people in my country trust bitcoin and they are making high amount of investment every month, increasing demand and the price is a sign that bitcoin will not be disappear till long, I am pretty sure we will able to see bitcoin as legal currency in a lot of countries including mine, bitcoin has many benefits for its investors so bitcoin is not going to disappear mate.
Pages:
Jump to: