Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi - page 11. (Read 6934 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1
February 03, 2018, 05:47:48 AM
I thought about it.
But
1. Payment delays
2. High commission
3. Not everyone wants Bitcoin (people are afraid)
so the idea was thrown out for a while.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform
February 03, 2018, 05:44:16 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

I don't really agree, because I think bitcoin is a valuable asset. it is very unfortunate if used to pay services that we can pay with fiat money. maybe I agree if for other crypto cheaper and more efficient in transaction costs.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 03, 2018, 05:40:41 AM
I agree . That is a good idea for the future. But now the bitcoin payment for taxi ride is irrelevant. Bitcoin payments may take longer and you will have to pay a large fee. That can affect your work. In the future, there may be improvements to make bitcoin easier and less expensive.
Activity: 196
Merit: 274
February 03, 2018, 05:38:33 AM
If bitcoin can be connected in taxi payment, with bitcoin we can pay in a split second and furthermore quick. we simply need to have an essential thought for the proprietors of taxi organizations in numerous nations. this will make all exchanges can be brought together and furthermore taxi clients straightforwardly pay taxi charges to the organization. one option is the organization gives a solitary wallet address that is synchronized with android-based taxi applications gave by the organization. I do hope that Uber think about it.
Activity: 195
THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.
February 03, 2018, 05:31:59 AM
Even while BTC transaction times and costs have come down tremendously, it's still not a very good option for small transactions like everyday use. Even Ethereum, while not even meant as a currency, would outperform BTC in any way imaginable. I reckon the closest working idea would be for something like Grab to start accepting BTC for pre-payments, and then use internal Grab Credits to make payments for the rides.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 05:25:35 AM
asdas

? Did you post it too soon ?
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 05:24:24 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

Umm no, bitcoin to taxi driver might not be practical if you are on the clock. It might be possible using other crypto currencies.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
February 03, 2018, 05:21:59 AM
I think it is a good idea but it is definitely not feasible now. For one, governmental regulation. Second, taxes. (I am sure governments will not let businesses that operate on Bitcoin go easy with this.) Third, Bitcoin transaction lag and fees. Come on, let us face it! Bitcoin's system is not a okay for businesses because there are too much unconfirmed transactions causing so much payment failures. This has been Bitcoin's issue for years, and sadly there is no movement that brought about this situation. I am hoping there is something cumulative that we can altogether do to address this issue. And as to the high rising fees, what makes Bitcoin then any different from bank transaction fees that we always try to avoid? People who are in Bitcoin are trying to make money but what makes the situation worse is that they make money through co-Bitcoin investors causing the latter's shrugged financial situation.  
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
February 03, 2018, 05:19:38 AM

This actually a good idea. Not only taxi but ubers and grab cars. This would be less hassle for both the passenger and the driver. There are benefits for both parts.

driver:
less chance of getting carnap
easier way to sum up the money made
good relationship between the driver and operator

I wish this works soon, this would be a really effective one.
Activity: 523
Merit: 285
February 03, 2018, 05:14:53 AM
Bitcoin doesn't allow that for now because of its fees. But it doesn't mean it won't be. Bitcoin or some other cryptocurrencies will be used in our daily life. Maybe tomorrow maybe a couple of years later. By the way you can make a coin project that can work with taxis Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 03, 2018, 05:07:14 AM
Like how Chinese people pay their fees using WeChat right? But it is still not applicable to use bitcoin on small scale of payments because of the transaction fees. But we can address that by creating a token that it is only for paying taxis right?
Activity: 125
February 03, 2018, 04:53:03 AM
I do not think it fits, it's about transaction costs
just imagine, if every day we take a taxi up to 10 times, how much transaction cost that we will spend
bitcoin, more suitable for, large-scale payments
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
February 03, 2018, 02:56:51 AM
At present it will be too expensive to pay for taxi with bitcoins considering current BTC fees. However, another criptocurrency could be used for this purpose and it will be good idea
Activity: 420
CAT.EX Exchange
February 03, 2018, 02:53:54 AM
for now I do not agree, not everyone uses bitcoin for transactions. there must be software for taxi payments. but for the future it is possible to simplify and accelerate the activities in terms of transaction.
Activity: 132
February 03, 2018, 02:35:30 AM
This is a great idea, it's good to have Bitcoin as a mode of payment for Taxis, Uber, Lift and other transportation means but I hope the transaction fees decrease because it is gonna be a disaster if you will just pay a couple of dollars for your transportation and a high transaction will be added.
Activity: 134
February 03, 2018, 01:48:47 AM

I definitely agree with you brother. I would like to see that happening in real life. That will only happen if BTC gets mass-adopted by the larger portion of our population. It could be far-off for now but it could definitely happen. Also, as stated by the above post regarding the high transaction fees paid to the network, it is indeed not practical to pay your taxi using BTC accompanied by high fees. Hopefully, this problem will also be solved in the coming months.
I also agree with that. I would like to take that opportunity to use bitcoin in transportation likr taxi so that it can use and not wasted for anythings.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2017, 03:04:17 PM
It does seem like some companies are grabbing the opportunity. An Indian company already accepts Bitcoin and it is also planning an ICO.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/indian-self-drive-car-rental-firm-beats-uber-in-bitcoin-adoption
Activity: 318
Merit: 251
October 08, 2017, 03:02:34 PM

And in my country already in some cabs there is an opportunity to pay bitcoins. This is very cool in fact and modern. I think this is only the beginning of the introduction of bitcoin into the life of society.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
October 08, 2017, 02:57:02 PM
While yeah, it would be kind of nice, it would be really inconvinient, as small payments are troublesome when it comes to paying with bitcoin. It would also take a bit for confirmation that the payment was made and registered to arrive. Not something I'd want, not now. Maybe in the future when cryptocurrencies become more versatile?
Activity: 170
October 08, 2017, 02:30:03 PM
Of course, this would be very convenient, especially if you are in a foreign country. However, now it's too early to say, the transaction fee leaves much to be desired. And while it is more profitable to keep bitoyin in your wallet for growth, and pay with cash or a bank card.
Pages:
Jump to: